• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I literally shit myself at overuse and misuse of "literally".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xjka07o1-0

li1Vs.gif

UFgBW.jpg

Sums up yesterday's match. Khedira was the only one who showed will on the field. He should become captain. Neuer showed, too, but not much he could do.
I was gonna say Hummels showed a bit, too, but it was hard for him because he's far from able to carry the national team yet with his few matches but I'm not gonna say it because Bayern GAF will explode again

Neuer, Hummels and Khedira should become our leaders not the "leaders" we have now. Maybe Müller, too, but depends on how he'll play for Bayern.

GorillaJu

Saw a newspaper article that asked the burning question: who is better, Kagawa or Messi? :lol

I suppose the Dutch compared him with Robben on similar terms not too long ago, so all can be forgiven.

confuziz

Banned
Actually LFC guys, looking at that player, I think Sightorsson (Ajax) could be a good replacement if the other deal is off. He was injured for a long time though.

GorillaJu

If we don't get Gylfi, I'd like the club to give a real legit effort to sign Younes Belhanda. Would prefer the Gylf since its a certainty that he'd work in our manager's system, but Belhanda had an incredible year for Montpellier and would be worth every bit of the 20m or whatever he'd cost.

Arnie

I have those speakers.

The lack of bass is kind of hilarious :(

They're not anything special but they do the job. I found them discounted for £20 at a WHSmith about a year ago, they've been excellent for the price. Far better than my tinny laptop speakers. Listening to Yellow Leadbetter then and the quality is atrocious.

If we don't get Gylfi, I'd like the club to give a real legit effort to sign Younes Belhanda. Would prefer the Gylf since its a certainty that he'd work in our manager's system, but Belhanda had an incredible year for Montpellier and would be worth every bit of the 20m or whatever he'd cost.
Fully behind this train of thought. I'd rather have Belhanda than Ramirez, by a long way.

Linius

They're not anything special but they do the job. I found them discounted for £20 at a WHSmith about a year ago, they've been excellent for the price. Far better than my tinny laptop speakers. Listening to Yellow Leadbetter then and the quality is atrocious.
I always listen to music with my headphones. Need to buy myself some proper speakers in the future.

GorillaJu

I always listen to music with my headphones. Need to buy myself some proper speakers in the future.

A good pair of headphones like Grados or some of the nicer Sennheiser and Audio Technica joints will always beat speakers for me, even at home. Also, Can't understate the importance of keeping the peace with the neighbors. :)

I often browse the audiophile thread, dreaming of owning one of those beautiful headphones. If I had a spare 500 bucks laying around then I'd definitely buy a quality headphone.

Linius

A good pair of headphones like Grados or some of the nicer Sennheiser and Audio Technica joints will always beat speakers for me, even at home. Also, Can't understate the importance of keeping the peace with the neighbors. :)
I have the AKG-Q460 headphones at the moment. Very happy with hem, would like a Grados in the future. But yeah, money :p

I'm lucky my dad cares a lot about music and sound quality, so downstairs we have a state of the art surround set and receiver.

I often browse the audiophile thread, dreaming of owning one of those beautiful headphones. If I had a spare 500 bucks laying around then I'd definitely buy a quality headphone.

I break headphones too easily to get a expensive pair :/ Have your shirts arrived yet? And if you have the chance could you make me a Hazard avatar?

severin

To be honest, I wont be crestfallen if we miss out on sigurdsson, gaston, or Belhanda, as I'm fully down with either Gerrard or aqua dude occupying that position. What we need, and have needed for as long as I can remember, is out and out wingers, and not bastardised centre forwards or midfielders shunted out to the wings. That should be our priority, first and foremost. DM cover also, and another striker would be great.

Yen

Fashion thing. That's why I bought AKG, less money and more quality. And imo a nice design too. I bought the Beats Pro HD direct competitor.

I bought a pair of AKGs for my guitar amp. I then bought a new amp, and the AKG jack doesn't fit. Doh!

Kyoufu

Some day I'll find a pair of headphones that I can use in the gym without them:

1) being uncomfortable in the ears
2) falling off when I'm moving about

Beats are good but you can get much better headphones for the same price.

I've got Urbanear Plattan's, they're pretty decent for £50. Okay enough sound and works with my iPhone and they cool great. Everybody has them now though, I was first, I am a trend setter, yessss!

GorillaJu

Beats are fine, they're just a bit overpriced - they're a trendy item and cost as such.

Sal, Grados are indeed far too leaky for public transit. But for listening to music at home, they're beautiful. You can miss a lot of nuances in music if you aren't listening with headphones, and some artists just sound infinitely better when they're close to your ears.

GorillaJu

Everton should just officially announce their status as a Man U feeder club. God knows they could use a little extra cash thrown at them

Today I felt like when we won the scudetto last season. I had a dumb smile on my face all day long. :D I'm so hyped for sunday and ready to dye my hair (a promise made to my friends before our first match about Italy winning the Euros). Montolivo is waking up, just like Balotelli, and ItalJuve is surprisingly still alive, De Rossi is everywhere, just like Balzaretti. Too bad for Cassano, being forced to stay away from the field and specific training for half a year is terrible. Germany was really disappointing, though.

Meanwhile, Nike announced today their next ball for Serie A (and I guess EPL and La Liga as well, which should have different colours):
I kinda like it, but maybe it's a little too "futuristic".

Kyoufu

Everton should just officially announce their status as a Man U feeder club. God knows they could use a little extra cash thrown at them

At least they bought Jelavic. He's pretty good.

They have some quality players. Unfortunately nobody gives a toss about Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom