• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

They can keep Rodwell. I don't remotely see it in him, yet.

I like him and I'll always feel sympathy for when he made a perfectly good challenge on Suarez and was sent off for it. I think once he's grown into his body a bit more and shakes off his injury problems he'll develop into one of the better defensive midfielders in the league.

What are you guys looking to pay for Japan kits?

If you find somewhere good to grab a Japan kit, lemme know.
Ditto. Looked for one but couldn't get Kagawa on it for a reasonable price. Sure they will be readily available before long. New Adidas store has just opened in Manchester so I'm sure they'll be all over it.

Wait, Lucifer what are you talking about re: Cassano? Was he punished for his remarks about gay teammates?
Nope, I was talking about his heart surgery:
Wikipedia said:
It was reported that on 30 October 2011, Cassano complained of finding it difficult to speak or move when the team returned to Milan from Rome.

AC Milan announced and confirmed on 2 November 2011, that Antonio Cassano suffered ischemic-based cerebral damage, though it should be temporary. Cassano underwent minor heart surgery soon after, he returned to action in the Serie A on 25 April 2012, even scoring on his return to the side in a fixture against Genoa.
When he got back, he played nicely a couple of matches, then just went kinda downhill. He wasn't able to train for 5-6 months, which "ruined" his season and the Euros.

Zabojnik

Meanwhile, Nike announced today their next ball for Serie A (and I guess EPL and La Liga as well, which should have different colours):

I kinda like it, but maybe it's a little too "futuristic".

I see red and black on that ball. Moneyhats and a minimum of ten pens for Milan in 2012 / 2013 confirmed. Hey there, TheLucifer. :)

dc89

Back from the Trafford centre.

Felt sorry for the guy who has bought the new United shirt with Kagawa 7 on the back.

No. But Kagawa turned down the number 7 shirt.

Pretty sure I read something the other day.

No but he specifically said he doesn't want #7.

Yep.

Manchester United's new Japanese midfield signing Shinji Kagawa has talked of his excitement at joining the Red Devils, confirming that he turned down the chance to wear the club's famous No. 7 shirt.

Kagawa: "I've just joined the team and haven't accomplished anything yet," Kagawa told journalists in Japan after his 12-hour return flight. "I want to make a name for myself [at United] on my own terms."

Article

There's nothing wrong with this:

Mjqug.jpg

Also, this is for Wilbury wherever he may be (and whoever else loves Shinji).
*end of the video for Shinji sexy time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf0rj992uvw&t=14m3s

Clegg

Whats footy gafs opinion of Baines? I see him as a solid LB and an improvement on Evra. But I don't think he's so good that United should spend £15m on him.

Salazar

Whats footy gafs opinion of Baines? I see him as a solid LB and an improvement on Evra. But I don't think he's so good that United should spend £15m on him.

If we are getting another midfielder, then I don't care how much we overspend on Baines.

If we are getting a tiny bit stitched up on Baines and not getting a midfielder, I'll be a bit unnerved. This is by far the likely outcome, so I am coming to terms with it.

Jensen

An improvement on Evra, won't need time to adjust to the league and buys some tine to see if Fabio will fulfil his potential.

Kyoufu

Getting tired of this De Jong business.

The last time we signed a young Dutch striker he flopped. So screw it.

Let's get Toivonen. lol :(

Linius

July is real photo avatar month or something?

Oh, and you definitely don't want to sign Toivonen, what a c*** is that.

Is that allowed? :p

Gambit

Might have been mentioned already, but Bayern extended Nils Petersen's contract by a year, and are sending him to Bremen on loan next season.

good idea. Hedging their bets

Feel pretty much the same.

He is a good player and is better than Evra IMO. Especially offensively, may seem surprising to some but whilst Evra is very good at getting forwards he is actually quite bad in terms of providing real quality in the final third. Baines doesn't carry the ball as well but he has great delivery from wide positions. Defensively he is good but not special, but better than the Evra of here and now. One nice plus will be his set pieces.

I'd say he's worth about £10m. I am a big Baines fan though so it'll be nice if we can get him, even though I know he isn't anything special.

Some insiders have said that at one stage this season Evra asked to be played as a winger instead, he's lost it :lol

Kyoufu

You realize the transfer window hasn't even opened yet, right? There are many moons left to go, young one.

Our Europa league games start in July I believe. We need our team before then.

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY WHORE MOUTH.

July is real photo avatar month or something?

Oh, and you definitely don't want to sign Toivonen, what a c*** is that.

Is that allowed? :p

Hey, he's apparently a Newcastle fan. :p

Hixx

I think he's fucking class and I'm still gutted than when we were throwing money about we didn't throw just a bit more at him cos Everton came in at the last minute... he was at the SoL and everything :(

Everton are right fucking bastards.

Blablurn

this is the most boring day of all time, isnt it?

Might have been mentioned already, but Bayern extended Nils Petersen's contract by a year, and are sending him to Bremen on loan next season.

good idea. Hedging their bets

not a bad idea. i'm surprised about so much logic coming from bayern :D

Linius

Twente will play a EL game next week. What will happen if De Jong is on the field? Does that mean he can't play EL for Newcastle no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom