• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 |OT| Starvation, Slavery, and Savage Creatures in a Cute, Colorful Package

I can't recall any major gameplay shifts aside from everything is just much more smooth to execute. I'd also point to Wii remote being the best control option.
You have plenty of time even with the time limit so you don't need to rush.
The DLC is great but wait until you've finished the main game and played the existing challenge stages before diving into that.

Thank you wise owl!

for-the-30th-anniversary-the-10-most-important-life-lessons-the-legend-of-zelda-taught-us-856392.jpg

Deku Tree

Any large, really unspoilery tips for someone familiar with the fantastic franchise but not the game? Just purchased a copy with a Wii U while giggling profusely at how fun the games are. Any super radical change I should be aware of?

Also the DLC is a must, right?

Just play it and google if you want help. Pretty self explanatory game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Any large, really unspoilery tips for someone familiar with the fantastic franchise but not the game? Just purchased a copy with a Wii U while giggling profusely at how fun the games are. Any super radical change I should be aware of?

Also the DLC is a must, right?

DLC is a must, the added missions are really good and challenging. Also very good for co-op.

Deku Tree

I was ready to move on to other games after playing through the main story. Didn't even play the other modes that were not paid DLC.

I finally got a chance to play Bingo Battle mode with people over Christmas break; it was so much fun! I wish I had more opportunities for it...

Just beat the second gigantic monster and recovered our fearless leader, this game is absolutely bananas wonderful. Can't resist the incredible design and puzzle elements of maxing out a turn's quality! Man. What a game.

jnWake

Just beat the second gigantic monster and recovered our fearless leader, this game is absolutely bananas wonderful. Can't resist the incredible design and puzzle elements of maxing out a turn's quality! Man. What a game.

Bosses in Pikmin 3 are delightful. Not sure which one you counted as the second one but the last 2 before the Final Boss are glorious.

Bosses in Pikmin 3 are delightful. Not sure which one you counted as the second one but the last 2 before the Final Boss are glorious.
The
flying bug that hated light
in the cave.

Even the basic enemy design is leagues above the rest. I can't get enough of the game, I'm even sketching them in the margins of notes! Haven't done that in years.

jnWake

The
flying bug that hated light
in the cave.

Even the basic enemy design is leagues above the rest. I can't get enough of the game, I'm even sketching them in the margins of notes! Haven't done that in years.

Ah yeah that fight is fun. However, bosses only escalate from here. IMO they are the highlight from the game, just too well designed.

Ah yeah that fight is fun. However, bosses only escalate from here. IMO they are the highlight from the game, just too well designed.
You were not joking- this game is fucking incredible. Mind-blowing fun and beauty. Just beat the flying menace and everything that follows, ooh boy what a game.

Challenge levels this summer are gonna be a blast!

Top Bottom