• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Pejo

The Gigantuar area, of course that takes Tablets.

Otherwise, just hang out in Hunter's Island on the appropriate day.

Cool, thanks. I totally missed the Gigantuar thing. I have ~200 tablets, so that should get me a nice chunk of seeds.

Whoooaaaa these weapon upgrades are costly! I'm still dancer-less but dancer 1st weapon seems like a popular choice. I'm doing Dragoon 1st weapon and Black Mage 2nd to start I think. Pretty big commitment though!

Yea, this was my first thought too. I think I'm going to do the Dragoon 1st weapon as well. I just like the look of it way more than Dragon's Whisker, even though it's pretty much superior (for now). Gotta raise that break dmg.

Alright, I'm not sure if I like this weapon boost system. On one hand, it prevents the accumulation of 'useless' seeds, but I think it's going to increase the gap between F2P and Whales by such a ridiculous amount.

Per Reddit/Taiwan live stream:

Final Fantasy VII event and Steam release in February.

Logging into the Steam version nets you a prize box, which has a Summon Ticket (!) and a Growstar (!!).

Celegus

Per Reddit/Taiwan live stream:

Final Fantasy VII event and Steam release in February.

Logging into the Steam version nets you a prize box, which has a Summon Ticket (!) and a Growstar (!!).

Nice! Any clue what is in the FF VII event? Is it like a map to do or cards to summon like the Dissidia we just had?

Decided to hold onto my magicite and not go for Cloud. I did get lucky and got Piercing Break for my Dragoon 1 weapon first modification. Black Mage 2 looks pretty great with rainbow start as well which is the other one I've been working on.

Mobius Day, ya'll. ∞ 🔥 ∞ 🔥 ∞

It's time to say goodbye to the five hundred Ability Tickets I've been hoarding today, time to max 5★ three of my area/break defense down cards.

Also, Dark Moogle event is here, fodder for debuff cards.

Celegus

Mobius Day, ya'll. ∞ 🔥 ∞ 🔥 ∞

It's time to say goodbye to the five hundred Ability Tickets I've been hoarding today, time to max 5★ three of my area/break defense down cards.

Also, Dark Moogle event is here, fodder for debuff cards.

I'd do the same if I had any more than Bahamut...

Murdered so many moogles today during work! Have pretty much all of them maxed out already, and Yasha 5* as well.

I really wish they fixed how ailments worked for enemies. The turn counter depletes at the beginning of their turn, meaning a one turn slow or debrave does nothing.

I'd do the same if I had any more than Bahamut...
I think I got lucky with my recent draws, I picked up four of them in various states.

Of course, I didn't get the one I really wanted (ranger/wind), but I think I was being wooed by boobies, 'cause Thief's bonus is actually earth and I did get that one.

Murdered so many moogles today during work! Have pretty much all of them maxed out already, and Yasha 5* as well.
I need to muster up the energy to do some refills and get to this tonight.

But tomorrow is an "empty" day on Pleiades Island, conflicted.

By the way, here are two very useful links you should bookmark.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/5ci7zr/ability_ticket_boost_fusion_tables/

This shows you the most efficient way to Ability Level up cards with tickets, especially on Mobius Day. This is mostly for cards that don't have fodder (of particular note to us right now; the area break defense down and critical resist cards).

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x388/Hyodra/Gaming/HunterMapV3.jpg

This is a map of Hunter's Island showing off nodes that only contain one type of fodder card, this is so you can efficiently Ability Level up the standard set of cards, especially with the Auto Enhance feature (which I believe is actually slightly inefficient, but worth wasting a few extra fodders for the time saved).

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

Q: The legend jobs released thus far were only obtainable through magicite purchase, should we expect future ones to be released in the same manner?
A: We are considering other means to obtain them; like in the upcoming FFVII remake event legendary job "1st Soldier" will be obtainable using other means. (this time, the quoted reply is assertive, not merely a "we are considering")

Q: Will there be another opportunity (remake) for players to obtain legend jobs that have being released?
A: As the 4 legend jobs that were launched were only obtainable through magicite purchase, we would feel apologetic to the players who have gotten them should other means be provided to obtain said jobs. Therefore, we will wait over a longer period and consider possibilities/other means for players to obtain them again.

Reddit Post

Anyone want to post your level/mp rank atm?

Just curious how much people are farming/if I'm behind or ahead a bit.

Level 74/ Rank 31 for me

Tomorrow, thiefed (and cleaned up) from Reddit.

• Paladin, Viking and Priest jobs available.

• Light and dark ability cards available, with Knights of the Round in early acquisition.

• Minwu Ultimate Card, small chance to draw through all card summons except Cactuar (Friend Ticket) Summon.

• Chinese New Year event: 50% increase in magicite purchased, Echo costume, double recovery from elixirs (stacks with Mobius Day), fodder cards drop at Ability Level 2, increased unlock of extra skills.

Celegus

Minwu sounds crazy, but not gonna chance it with my limited resources. New jobs finally should be fun! I think I still have 6 left, so there'll be 9 in the pool... hopefully I don't get old ones! Should have enough for 2 or 3.

I actually haven't pulled a job since like October; I only have four, haha.

I might pick up the $75 magicite pack with the bonus and pull some new jobs finally, or at least until I have some Light and Dark coverage.

Then I'll go back into hoarding for the next worthwhile card summon event (can't beat that New Year's one tho, whew).

I'm glad that they're doing another way to distribute future legendary classes. (From Taiwan stream I think talking about Soldier 1st class release)

So with Minwu and KOTR is it safe to say to do Greater ability pulls over 3 and 4 star pulls?

I'm glad that they're doing another way to distribute future legendary classes. (From Taiwan stream I think talking about Soldier 1st class release).
Look forward to gacha with 2% pull rate. :thumbsup:

So with Minwu and KOTR is it safe to say to do Greater ability pulls over 3 and 4 star pulls?
See above.

I don't if the mechanics are known (and Minwu will probably not adhere to the typical rules), but that seems sensible if you are only after those things. One alternative, if you have been hoarding Ability Tickets, is to buy up one of every card in the Ability Shop and then do four 3★ pulls, this will "force" a new card on the fourth pull, although that will likely only work with Knights of the Round.

Celegus

I'm glad that they're doing another way to distribute future legendary classes. (From Taiwan stream I think talking about Soldier 1st class release)

Yeah I'd say greater is the way to go for them. Goooooood luck though!

The news posts says the more tickets/magicite spent on the pull, the better the chances are (which I assume are savagely low regardless), although maybe that just means that the Greater Summon could be equal to three 3★ Summons? I think it's a trap either way (though the video sample of the card on Reddit is ridiculous).

Mondays are brutal for me, but I think ima steel the stamina (real life) and time out a full stamina bar (in-game) for 9:00 PM and burn out as much of the new chapter as I can before sleepytime.

The news posts says the more tickets/magicite spent on the pull, the better the chances are (which I assume are savagely low regardless), although maybe that just means that the Greater Summon could be equal to three 3★ Summons? I think it's a trap either way (though the video sample of the card on Reddit is ridiculous).

Mondays are brutal for me, but I think ima steel the stamina (real life) and time out a full stamina bar (in-game) for 9:00 PM and burn out as much of the new chapter as I can before sleepytime.

Yeah so I think doing greater pull is fine then, especially if you want to get Kotr early (it's gonna be a while before it comes out of ea).

Also yeah holy shit Minwu pretty much three shot a 5 star boss. Granted, I don't know the stat bonuses for the class that used it but that still seems ridiculous.

Here's a list of current ultimate cards (jp) as a taste of whats to come (from reddit)

Reddit said:
Here's a breakdown of the Ultimate cards in the game so far.
Minwu: FFII
Class: Mage
Element: Light AoE
Cost: 4 Light
Attack: 1950 / Break: 3
*Special Abilities: Unguard on Primary target.
*Extra Skill - Convergence, deals double damage when used on a single target.
*Extra Skill - Critical Rupture (on a mage skill).

Neo Exdeath: FFV
Class: Ranger
Element: Dark AoE
Cost: 4 Orbs
Attack: 300 / Break: 1500
*Special Effects: Causes Debarrier, BDD, CRD, and Stun
*Extra Skill: Misfortune, deal additional 150% damage for each debuff on the enemy, stacks up to 7 times.

Zeza: FFV
Class: Warrior
Element: Water ST
Cost: 3 Orbs
Attack: 480 / Break: 2100
*Special Effects - BDD
*Extra Skill: "Super Break Escalate" - Damage increases by 1000% during Break
*Auto-Ability: Piercing Break +30%

Duncan: FFVI
Class: Monk
Element: Light ST
Cost: 3 Orbs
Attack: 2700 / Break: 600
*Extra Skill: Mantra - Adds Attack into damage, can deal damage to red break gauge

Exdeath looks hilariously op

Celegus

Did my 3 job pulls... Thief (ugh), Ranger (super ugh) and Paladin (woo!)

That leaves Warrior, Dark Knight, Devout, Hunter, Dancer and Viking as the ones I don't have. Already found a couple Minwus out in the wild, wow.

Razmos

YbmXyG9.jpg

Woo!

Got Knights of the Round too

Razmos

After I got Minwu earlier I decided to do a couple of job pulls since I had no job that can actually use it. I ended up getting Viking (Ranger who can use Dark cards) and Devout (Mage who can use Light cards)

After getting Devout maxed out, I tried out Minwu (at ability level 10, 5* but with no abilities unlocked like break damage limit)

The video speaks for itself lol

I've been pretty happy with not drawing a lot of jobs up to this point (only have five), but now that there are new ones that have a little more importance, I'm in a bad place in terms of my chances to get one of them. Not to mention that this is happening at a time where Ability Card pulls are putting people into hysterics.

Smart money would be to pull until I have a Light and/or Dark job and then worry about chasing Knights of the Round, etc., I guess?

The 3000 magicite one that gives 6 cards
I'm really torn between that and the 4★ summon, personally.

∞ 🔥 ∞ 🔥 ∞ 🔥 ∞ 🔥 ∞

Extra Skill Unlock Passive + Mobius Day + China Echo = ALL THE SKILLS.

I pulled two jobs this morning, got Samurai (looks like a dork) and Devout (yay, new element).

I was waiting to proceed with Chapter IV until I had a light or dark job, but then I just realized that I would need to spend a lot of tickets (which I have, hmm) to also get light skills up to an appropriate level. So I guess I'll just brute force my way through with Thief until I can start farming augment materials.

I also picked up a $75 magicite pack, getting anxious on if I should pull more jobs (seems unnecessary, but I still don't have a drive healer and I'd really like dark ranger dude) or blow the load on Great Summons and hope for a decent number of early acquisition cards. 4★ Summons is feeling a little riskier now with the number of 4★/5★ cards I have (unless I can find/verify where I read that it favors newer cards).

Celegus

Cleared chapter 4 on hard without an issue, haven't used a single light or dark attack. Would be more worth it if you have some of the EA cards I guess, but the ones in the ability shop aren't worth the growstars. Used Paladin most of the time, so I did have light resist at least.

Personally I like job pulls much better because the EA cards will get here eventually and there's a set amount of jobs. I only ever do card summons during events with good bonus cards, but I also don't spend money.

Gilgamesh tonight!

Razmos

Maxed out the Viking job and now have a great main-sub job set up.

Devout: Fire, Water, Light
Viking: Earth, Wind, Dark

That covers all elements, both have around 10000 hp and high defense, and both are ridicously powerful.
Viking has the 5* Anemone card, which is cheap on orbs, hits all enemies and lowers their defense against break, combined with the YRP card that gives Boost, Haste and Brave it breaks anything very quickly.
Devout has my 5* Minwu Card which is utterly ridiculous. I destroyed the entire chapter 4 prologue (where you are supposed to change jobs) by spamming Ultima. It also has Firaga 5* and Lifestream for Faith and Haste.

Plus both of them have great ultimates.
Viking has a super strong single target nuke that also gives you Drain and Snipe

Devout has an AoE nuke that breaks all enemies pretty much instantly if they have a red bar and gives you Wall, Regen and gives Unguard to the enemy (same as Ultima) that completely removes defence.

Speaking of Ultima (Minwu), because it applies Unguard before it hits and does more damage if there is a single target... it absolutely wrecks Gigantuars, you can kill them on the first turn lol

And because the two jobs have completely opposing elements, none of them crossover when I job change. When I change from Viking to Devout I get a full bar of Light orbs that allow me to spam Ultima

So I bought a magicite pack; I got a dupe on my first 4★ pull (big ouch) and then Flameshift followed by Lightshift (little ouches). I switched to Great Summons since that was bombing and had similar mixed results, but snagged a few of the expensive tickets cards, at least. Hard to complain though since the 4★/5★ summons I did for the FFX-2 and New Year's events were pretty great (although cash wasn't involved there, so).

I emptied out on Job Summons, hoping for Viking; I got Dark Knight, Samurai, Red Mage, Dancer (!), Scholar (!) and Devout (!!). With seven left, I'm almost considering doing one more magicite pack and going until I get Viking, which should also put me close enough to "keep up" with new jobs, more or less.

Anyway, that was from a $100 prepaid card from getting new tires a few months ago, so no sweat.

Celegus

Ooh, jealous of that Dancer!

Just finished floor 50 of the tower, those cutscenes may have actually been even funnier than the Ultros tower. Good good stuff!

Does this game have a good story?
I guess? I don't play games for story, although this well is extremely well produced for a gacha game.

And any beginner tips? I'm currently going through the tutorial.
Don't get overwhelmed!!

What are your resources like right now (Summon Tickets, Ability Tickets, etc.)? I can give a little guidance based on that.

You might consider buying a Mobius Box to start off with, it'll give you enough Summon Tickets to get a new job and some other useful trinkets. You'll get enough free magicite to buy one every thirty days after that.

Rahvar

So I've been playing for a while but seem to have hit a wall.
I can do the ranking events to the last mission but not much more than that, I'mnot sure if I should be focusing on getting new jobs or units. I've managed to get a couple of cards to 5 stars but I can only manage the lagoon for earth or wind (Sometimes with revives), any other element and I'm toast.

I am a level 209 Shogun atm, with 5* Onion Knight, 4* Syldra, 5* Machina & Rem and 4* Fenghuang.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I can do the ranking events to the last mission but not much more than that, I'mnot sure if I should be focusing on getting new jobs or units. I've managed to get a couple of cards to 5 stars but I can only manage the lagoon for earth or wind (Sometimes with revives), any other element and I'm toast.

I am a level 209 Shogun atm, with 5* Onion Knight, 4* Syldra, 5* Machina & Rem and 4* Fenghuang.

I've focused mainly on getting jobs. With the new ones the introduced I think I have 7 left to get. For the lagoon I only ever farm the 2nd stage thay costs 40 stamina. It seems to have an ok drop rate and I always make sure I pick up the weekly pneumas from the arena shop.

I currently have the following jobs at level 8 and I'm a f2p player

Ranger
Hunter
Warrior
Knight
White mage
Thief
Black mage
Dragoon
Samurai
Red mage
Dancer
Scholar

I've focused on my dragoon which has a 5 star deck of Siegfried, ares, titan and artemis. Deck level is 248 and has no issues getting through content. My advice would be to just focus on one job and get a 5 star deck. Then just get a mage and breaker deck up as and when you can.

I do the ranking events but I only do them until I start dieing frequently and then I go back to other content. Right now I do the lagoon when it's open and just farm seeds on the off days or do events

Celegus

Definitely work on getting any 4* card to 5* since the main bottleneck is growstars and pneumas / bulbs are relatively easy to get.

I would try for another job, hopefully also a warrior type since your cards are quite good. Samurai isn't especially great overall sadly, mostly just used for their ridiculous ult. Dragoon is super good if you manage to get it.

Rahvar

I've focused mainly on getting jobs. With the new ones the introduced I think I have 7 left to get. For the lagoon I only ever farm the 2nd stage thay costs 40 stamina. It seems to have an ok drop rate and I always make sure I pick up the weekly pneumas from the arena shop.

I currently have the following jobs at level 8 and I'm a f2p player

Ranger
Hunter
Warrior
Knight
White mage
Thief
Black mage
Dragoon
Samurai
Red mage
Dancer
Scholar

I've focused on my dragoon which has a 5 star deck of Siegfried, ares, titan and artemis. Deck level is 248 and has no issues getting through content. My advice would be to just focus on one job and get a 5 star deck. Then just get a mage and breaker deck up as and when you can.

I do the ranking events but I only do them until I start dieing frequently and then I go back to other content. Right now I do the lagoon when it's open and just farm seeds on the off days or do events

Definitely work on getting any 4* card to 5* since the main bottleneck is growstars and pneumas / bulbs are relatively easy to get.

I would try for another job, hopefully also a warrior type since your cards are quite good. Samurai isn't especially great overall sadly, mostly just used for their ridiculous ult. Dragoon is super good if you manage to get it.

Thanks for the input:)

For jobs I also have Dark Knight, Dancer, Scholar, Hunter, Mage/Magus, Warrior/Gladiator and just pulled an Assasin.

I do have a couple of mage cards at 4, Belias, Fafnir, Shiva and Yuna FFX-2 at 4+.
Ranger cards at 4: Valefor and Brothers.

Healing/Support cards at 4: Fat Chocobo, Inugami, Chariot and Gusion.

So now I shall focus on getting Pneumas to 5 star my 4 star units. Warrior ones first but I guess I might as well do the other ones as well?

Top Bottom