• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Razmos

Wonder how much the 5* summon will cost. I barely have any 4*s so that could be a good deal for me.
Yeah same. I still have a bunch of magicite from when I bought Ace Striker so the 5* summon is worth spending those on :p

Also;
15747783_381935425494300_8596320692477253223_n.png.jpg

You had one job lol

Also introducing the Light and Dark elements but not the jobs that can actually use them, lol

Razmos

I think my plan for this game is to get one legend job of every kind (Warrior/Ranger/Mage)

I think i can justify it if I don't spend anything else on the game, since buying the job still gives me 12k magicite to spend on ability cards.

I already have Ace Striker as my Warrior so I'll probably get Judgemaster (Gabranth) as my ranger.

Look at this shit:
https://youtu.be/Wfk0cvxFoIk

Easily the best looking job in the game, with 2 element sets, ability to use Mage cards and you can choose to wear the helmet or not.

And for my mage I'll probably go with (Desired Leader) Hope. Maybe. Potentially a different one that can use Dark elements since the other 2 lack that one.
Edit: Actually I'll probably go for Majin, only 2 points less than Hope but has Dark and Earth elements which the other 2 lack and has 2 element sets

Celegus

These Ultros cutscenes are an absolute delight!

Wish I had the tools to push further in the tower, but I'm missing most everything that seems to be the best. We do get to keep the good music past floor 50 this time at least!

^ I am impressed that there are fully voiced cutscenes for these weekly events.

I don't know if I can manage it (well, I certainly have the magacite and elixirs to do it, time and energy is the x-factor here), but good advice floating around is to 5★ as many of your 4★ cards as possible right now if you're planning on pulling on the 5★ banner because it is "no dupes." Since growstars are the big gate in the game right now, not "wasting" a 4★ card would be a nice boon.

Celegus

Looks like the info from Taiwan is that it won't pull anything that you already have at 4 or 5* which is nice. Not sure on the cost yet, but you also get a DFF card too? Hopefully we'll have a shot at Zidane!

Looks like the info from Taiwan is that it won't pull anything that you already have at 4 or 5* which is nice. Not sure on the cost yet, but you also get a DFF card too? Hopefully we'll have a shot at Zidane!
Holy crap, that's incredible.

I just wish this was happening when the FF1 Warrior of Light job was up, cause I was thinking about buying some magicite for that one.

Aurizen

Hey guys, I'm just picking this game up again after deleting it, Any tips on how get good at this? Couple questions so far:

How do you get Magicite?
How do you get summon tickets
Whats the difference between Ability Shop summon and summoning from the Summon cards place?
What are the top Jobs?

Celegus

Hey guys, I'm just picking this game up again after deleting it, Any tips on how get good at this? Couple questions so far:

How do you get Magicite?
How do you get summon tickets
Whats the difference between Ability Shop summon and summoning from the Summon cards place?
What are the top Jobs?

1. Only three ways: collect from the magicite distiller at the top right of the screen (the bar that slowly fills up, make sure to collect before it hits 100. Play multiplayer and join lobbies that have a little "SOS" life ring next to them indicating it's someone's first clear - these can be hard to find and join in time though, and you can only do it 5 times per day. Last way is to just buy it with $$$.

2. Clear single player areas (and the occasional multiplayer prize from the mog merchant, changes weekly). They can come from treasure chests in certain nodes or as achievements from clearing every area. No way to farm them, set amount.

3. There are early access cards that are only in the summon. Also you can get 4* cards from summoning, eliminating the need for growstars with the ability shop cards. If you're new though, I'd pull a few jobs with your tickets rather than summon cards.

4. Dancer Dragoon and Scholar are pretty much the best of each archetype right now. but most jobs are fine.

Aurizen

1. Only three ways: collect from the magicite distiller at the top right of the screen (the bar that slowly fills up, make sure to collect before it hits 100. Play multiplayer and join lobbies that have a little "SOS" life ring next to them indicating it's someone's first clear - these can be hard to find and join in time though, and you can only do it 5 times per day. Last way is to just buy it with $$$.

2. Clear single player areas (and the occasional multiplayer prize from the mog merchant, changes weekly). They can come from treasure chests in certain nodes or as achievements from clearing every area. No way to farm them, set amount.

3. There are early access cards that are only in the summon. Also you can get 4* cards from summoning, eliminating the need for growstars with the ability shop cards. If you're new though, I'd pull a few jobs with your tickets rather than summon cards.

4. Dancer Dragoon and Scholar are pretty much the best of each archetype right now. but most jobs are fine.

I actually Just got a dark knight job I'm really excited about that. I also got the Extranger and Growstar... how do i use them? I suppose its better to get the ability cards in the Summon rather than the ability shop?

I actually Just got a dark knight job I'm really excited about that. I also got the Extranger and Growstar... how do i use them? I suppose its better to get the ability cards in the Summon rather than the ability shop?

For Extranger, you would use it when you want to unlock one of the passive abilities to your card. I wouldn't really recommend doing this until you hit the end game, as it takes a long time comparatively to unlock the final abilities. You use it by selecting it as a component for fusion.

For Growstar, you go to the augment menu under cards. Cards obtained from the ability shop and summon gacha need 2 in order to go from 3* to 4*. Do use caution; Growstars are very limited (You get 2 every month, 3 via mobius box) You don't need to worry about going from 4* to 5* though, as that requires farm-able boss materials.

You should definitely focus on obtaining cards from the ability shop. The cards are the same between the two, however there are some cards that are exclusive to summons for the moment; they eventually get added to the ability shop.

Aurizen

For Extranger, you would use it when you want to unlock one of the passive abilities to your card. I wouldn't really recommend doing this until you hit the end game, as it takes a long time comparatively to unlock the final abilities. You use it by selecting it as a component for fusion.

For Growstar, you go to the augment menu under cards. Cards obtained from the ability shop and summon gacha need 2 in order to go from 3* to 4*. Do use caution; Growstars are very limited (You get 2 every month, 3 via mobius box) You don't need to worry about going from 4* to 5* though, as that requires farm-able boss materials.

You should definitely focus on obtaining cards from the ability shop. The cards are the same between the two, however there are some cards that are exclusive to summons for the moment; they eventually get added to the ability shop.

Ah i see, What kind of cards are premium cards? both Ability store and Summons are premium?

Razmos

So, 5* card summon. I did 6.

1: Quetzalcoatl. Ranger wind ability, area attack. Not that great

2: Glasya Labolas: Earth healer card, lowers the enemies magic. Barf

3: Belias: Fire Mage card, cone fire attack. Not bad.

4: Anemone: Wind Ranger card, area attack, also lowers defense against break. Great for a Ranger I guess.

5: Zodiark: Earth healer card, lowers enemies elemental resistance. Sounds good on paper but I don't know when I'd actually use it

6: Amazon: Fire Warrior Card, Fire Cross. Goddamnit.

Overall not the best unfortunately.

Celegus

Holding off on my summons until tonight, since Hermes and friends will be in ability shop and the Dissidia switches to the second pack (still currently the mage cards)

Razmos

Guys. You can get free 5* cards from the new years free summon from reaching the top of the mountain.

I got 2 free pulls, first one was a 3* Valefor card, second one was a 5* Belias card (who I pulled earlier today, QQ

1: Quetzalcoatl. Ranger wind ability, area attack. Not that great.

4: Anemone: Wind Ranger card, area attack, also lowers defense against break. Great for a Ranger I guess.
This is actually amazing; especially if you have a Thief, this basically puts him into God-mode.

Area attacks at 5★ can/should replace single target versions and area break down cards are ridiculously good.

2: Glasya Labolas: Earth healer card, lowers the enemies magic. Barf.

5: Zodiark: Earth healer card, lowers enemies elemental resistance. Sounds good on paper but I don't know when I'd actually use it.
Multi-player, probably?

3: Belias: Fire Mage card, cone fire attack. Not bad.
Now see, this is the one you should have complained about. It's not BAD, but cone attacks don't do anything area attacks don't do better, especially at 5★.

6: Amazon: Fire Warrior Card, Fire Cross. Goddamnit.
I'm not sure how they will be in single-player, but these are the most devastating cards for multi-player, a good pull.

Since this 5★ summon is in the "too good to be true" bank, I have enough tickets and magicite to burn all eight of them (essentially, I'll be losing out on the 4x growstar pack I had saved up for). I'll still be ahead of the game for my next Mobius Box too.

I'm thinking of pulling today, either until I get Lightning or I pull four times, and then going ham tomorrow for Zidane. Reasonable enough?

Did one 5* pull and got Orcus (Mage Single Break Defense Down) and Shantotto. Can't complain really.

Ah i see, What kind of cards are premium cards? both Ability store and Summons are premium?

Yes they are both "premium". For context, there is no Ability Shop in the JP game; everything is gacha only. They made the Ability Shop specifically for Global to be more consumer-friendly. The reason they are "premium" is because they are the best version of an ability. For an example, a Fire Dust Mage can be eventually augmented to be 3* Fire, whereas Kirin (from the gacha/ability shop) starts at 3* Fire and can be augmented to 5* Fire. Since the ability shop exists in our version, there's not much reason to use monster drop cards.

Yes they are both "premium". For context, there is no Ability Shop in the JP game; everything is gacha only. They made the Ability Shop specifically for Global to be more consumer-friendly.
Not exactly. I'm pretty sure the Ability Shop exists in the Japanese version, but cards only appear there after they've been summoned at least once. Then you can buy new copies for fusing, etc.

Not exactly. I'm pretty sure the Ability Shop exists in the Japanese version, but cards only appear there after they've been summoned at least once. Then you can buy new copies for fusing, etc.

You know what I meant. The shop's implementation in both versions play very different roles in how one goes about playing the game. The fact we can pick and choose our cards in Global makes using the normal gacha a silly notion. Stupid legend job paywall aside, I do still think Global is still the more consumer-friendly version.

Celegus

Guys. You can get free 5* cards from the new years free summon from reaching the top of the mountain.

I got 2 free pulls, first one was a 3* Valefor card, second one was a 5* Belias card (who I pulled earlier today, QQ

Any card you summon will be of the rarity you already have. So if you've summoned or augmented Belias to 5*, any 3* or 4* Belias you would have summoned will always be 5*. I don't think you can get a new 5* from the free summon.

Okay, took two summons to get Lightning (first was Warrior of Light).

My 5★ were Ultima (earth, mage, area, critical defense down) and Ashura (fire, mage, area, break defense down).

Both from the "early acquisition" pool, score.

I s'pose I can draw one more since I'm already guaranteed Zidane tomorrow (have six pulls left, worst case is it needs five), ima sit on for a couple of hours tho.

Razmos

Wait so the Dissidia summon was going to change tomorrow? Damn it. I should have waited, I ended up getting repeats of the current batch

Any card you summon will be of the rarity you already have. So if you've summoned or augmented Belias to 5*, any 3* or 4* Belias you would have summoned will always be 5*. I don't think you can get a new 5* from the free summon.
Ohh, that makes sense

Celegus

Wait so the Dissidia summon was going to change tomorrow? Damn it. I should have waited, I ended up getting repeats of the current batch

Ohh, that makes sense

Yeah it should be tonight at the regular maintenance time (10pm EST). I definitely agree that their wording leaves a lot to be desired in terms of when events start/end/change.

Third draw ended up being Cait Sith (and Shantotto), kind of feeling like this may be a dud compared to Hades (drain), which I have at 4★ (soon 5★). Considering that my biggest source of pain right now is getting one-shotted by Ruinga in Pleiades, staying topped off feels safer to me than a big burst heal. Seems like the big difference is the double Esuna and Holy Cleansing, I'm sure they have a purpose somewhere.

Aw yuuuuh, I got a 4★ Ares from the free New Year's summon level, and I already had maxed fodder stored up so instant Ability Level 8.

Today was a day of good.

Is there like a list of all the good Abilities? How good are the Sicarius cards you get from multiplayer?

Early game, I'd recommend using one of each element the job can use and one support ability. Cone based abilities are strong at this point in the game, but they do get weaker over time. I wouldn't recommend using the AoE or the 8 orb cost abilities yet.

Mid to Late game, more enemies will appear per battle so the more expensive abilities are going to get better especially since you'll get more moves per turn. Your ability choices will then tend to be more specific for the job you'll be using (you'll know what need at this point).

For support abilities, good universal picks are Hermes (Haste), Fat Chocobo (Barrier), and Hades (Drain). In multiplayer, Attackers like Moogle (Faith) and Breakers like Ares (Boost).

As far as the sicarius abilities go, they're stronger than the standard single target abilites though they have less break power. What makes them good, is that they don't need growstars to go to 4* or 5*. Be warned though they do take a long time to grind to max compared to the standard single target abilities.

Is there like a list of all the good Abilities? How good are the Sicarius cards you get from multiplayer?
I don't know of a list, most cards have their uses. Experiment a bit. The only time you need to be worried about deciding how good a card is or not is when you're ready to pull the trigger on growstar use. Let me know where you are in the game and what jobs you have, I can try to give some suggestions.

The Sicarius cards are generally considered good, but they are a massive chore to level up.

Aurizen

I don't know of a list, most cards have their uses. Experiment a bit. The only time you need to be worried about deciding how good a card is or not is when you're ready to pull the trigger on growstar use. Let me know where you are in the game and what jobs you have, I can try to give some suggestions.

The Sicarius cards are generally considered good, but they are a massive chore to level up.

Ah well I got 2 of the Sicarius cards Shiva and Ifrit. And my current job is a Dark Knight. I have Yojimbo(Warrior) ability, Ifirt (Warrior), Lightning (Mage), Shiva (Warrior). All currently maxed at lvl 16

Celegus

Free summons: Ultima and 2 dupes

5* summons:
Yojimbo (Fire Warrior ST Crit Res Down) - Eh... doesn't seem amazing. Although YRP + him = crits all the time so maybe. I already have Bahamut for fire though (my one and only BDD card). Came with Dissidia Vaan, yuck.

Carbuncle (Regen) - Not bad for MP I guess, could be worse. Came with Onion Knight but I don't see a use for him at all.

Gabriella (Earth Mage ST focus AoE) - Don't have a good mage AOE yet, but naturally I get the one that doesn't work with Scholar. Came with Zidane, yaaaay!

Done with the 5* since I'm out of tickets and down to 6000 magicite. The Cloud card looks great for Dragoon so I'll save up for him or the next jobs.

Okay fam, months and months of hoarding and edging have led to this moment, I present my final five 5★ draws (and exactly zero summon tickets, zero magicite).

Fat Chocobo (barrier). YAAAAAS. I had the 3★ primed to 5★ but wanted to wait until all these summon events passed. This saves me two growstars and three extrangers (plus the 5★ materials, though easier to come by).

Belias (fire, mage, cone). Welp. I guess this is supposed to be a bomb, but as it's now my best fire mage damage card (beating out 5★ Ashura due to its extra skills) it's doing me a fine job in the tower.

Odin (wind, warrior, area, break defense down). Yeah, I now have every single one of these area/BDD cards EXCEPT FOR THE ONE I REALLY WANTED (wind/ranger). Oh yeah, I also do not have a warrior card that can use this. Not a complaint, mind you, as these are all beastial cards. But Anemone..

Flora (unguard). So I'm not sure how good this is, but I'll be experimenting with it for sure. Plus, boobies.

Siegfried (ice, warrior, single). Not bad, and since I drew 4★ Ares yesterday I'm thinking my swordmaster might start to be a monster.

Oh yeah, I'm so glad I didn't go for four/four on the Dissidia cards, cause Zidane was my fifth draw today, that would've stunk.

Ah well I got 2 of the Sicarius cards Shiva and Ifrit. And my current job is a Dark Knight. I have Yojimbo(Warrior) ability, Ifirt (Warrior), Lightning (Mage), Shiva (Warrior). All currently maxed at lvl 16
So SuperChoco's post is a pretty good guide to go with. As you should have been collecting ability tickets, you should buy the single target and cone attacks that match your job's elements (one of each, or mix and match). If you have tickets to spare, you should ability level up at least one set some (Cards > Fusion, then check the Boost Fusion box). You'll be a ways off from being able to farm drops to ability level up, so use some tickets for it right now.

From there on, just play. You should be able to breeze through the first couple of chapters and exploration zones easy enough and you'll collect valuable items to take you to the next step.

Pejo

What's the best place to farm skill seeds now? I've still been burning my stamina on the Temple Threshold, but I know there's gotta be something better by now.

What's the best place to farm skill seeds now? I've still been burning my stamina on the Temple Threshold, but I know there's gotta be something better by now.
The Gigantuar area, of course that takes Tablets.

Otherwise, just hang out in Hunter's Island on the appropriate day.

Celegus

Only got one 4* from all the free summons during both events, Cait sith who I'll probably never use. Enough celestriads for 2 summon tickets though!

Gigantuar puts everything else to shame, especially if you have 4 5* cards. I have 500k - 1m of everything, 6 jobs maxed, and still have 200 tablets. Crystals seem to be the most limiting thing, but we did just get a bunch from the new year event so I'm back up to 80.

Can't decide if I want to chase the Cloud card for my dragoon when it changes over. I'm pretty low on magicite/tickets so I may have to skip it. Sadly missed jecht shot too.

Only got one 4* from all the free summons during both events, Cait sith who I'll probably never use. Enough celestriads for 2 summon tickets though!
That stinks, it looks like I got three plus a small handful of early acquisition cards at 3★, overall decent.

Celegus

New story stuff (though probably just little) tonight, as well as job changes in battle (sounds awesome especially for farming) and weapon forging (not sure how expensive it will be). Think I'm going to do my Black Mage weapon first since it's the one I use the most.

New story stuff (though probably just little) tonight, as well as job changes in battle (sounds awesome especially for farming) and weapon forging (not sure how expensive it will be). Think I'm going to do my Black Mage weapon first since it's the one I use the most.
I think the missing area and area/main focused fodder cards are in this chapter.

Celegus

Whoooaaaa these weapon upgrades are costly! I'm still dancer-less but dancer 1st weapon seems like a popular choice. I'm doing Dragoon 1st weapon and Black Mage 2nd to start I think. Pretty big commitment though!

I hope so. I definitely want to max Camelot without spending a ton of tickets.
Oops, I was wrong, but they are on the way.

Chapter 4 part 1 (later this month) has AoE and Main-target focused skill ups for Ranger Fire and Mage Earth cards and Single Target break defense down skill ups for every element/class combination (even ones that don't exist as card summons).

Chapter 4, part 2 (next month?) has single target critical resist down for every combination and the Warrior Wind AoE/Main target-focused skill ups.

Exploration Zone 4 should have the AoE BDD skill-ups and a bunch of other stuff like light and dark and monk basic cards. Not sure when that comes out.

Top Bottom