• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Cynar

Yeah, there's no way I'm supporting this game anymore. I had 35 summon tickets saved up for Tidus, and now it turns out that I can't get it unless I pony up an obscene amount of money? Thanks, but no thanks.

I've been "playing" and loving Mobius pretty much all day every day since the Global release, but I'm definitely out after Chapter 3 pt 2 drops (yes, I'm kind of enjoying the story so far and want to see what happens in the next part of the chapter) unless they change their plans before release.

Oh well, I guess it's about time I stop bothering with gatcha games altogether and start doing something more useful with my time...

yup, same. shame. pissed!

Pejo

Gold Member
yup, same. shame. pissed!

Agreed. I wish the whales would take a stand on this as well, but...whales gonna whale. It's a shame, because without them buying into it, you could really get the message across. It's not going to mean much that a whole lot of F2P players won't do it, on their end - sadly.

Celegus

Ended up doing the FFX summon 4 times (wanted YRP or Yuna, naturally I get Paine and Rikku first) and... it was quite bad. 4* Chariot and 3* Yasha the only maybe usable things. None of the new AoE mage spells, ugh.

Did two 6 pulls and got Paine and Yuna. I also got a 4 star!
Geryon the fire warrior cone =_=

I did also get Anemone (Wind Cutter) so silver linings or something.

This thread is dead as.. dead.

Anyway, Mobius Day and Hunter Island is pretty glorious, I maxed out Assassin and am quietly picking up some seeds to get my Warrior somewhere.

I have thirty Summon Tickets now. I don't think I want/need any more jobs (my current roster > Warrior, Mage, White Mage, Thief, Assassin), so I'm thinking of grabbing some 4★ cards from the gacha to see how that works out.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This thread is dead as.. dead.

Anyway, Mobius Day and Hunter Island is pretty glorious, I maxed out Assassin and am quietly picking up some seeds to get my Warrior somewhere.

I have thirty Summon Tickets now. I don't think I want/need any more jobs (my current roster > Warrior, Mage, White Mage, Thief, Assassin), so I'm thinking of grabbing some 4★ cards from the gacha to see how that works out.

As dead as the game itself.

Celegus

As dead as the game itself.

I'm still playing all the time! Never seemed to really catch on around here though for whatever reason. Maxed dragoon and got all my good cards' extra skills unlocked today to hit up the tower again tomorrow. Only around 70 kills so far, so I've still got a ways to go. No dancer or scholar for me, just WHM and DRG for it.

It's not that the game is dead, rather it's an interesting combo of the Tidus ordeal and US holidays. Plus the events kind of suck this month, so that also is stifling discussion. I think the true test is whether or not the next batch of jobs will be behind a paywall and the events interesting.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm just being cheeky... But compare this OT to Brave Exvius'. There's a very clear discrepancy.

And things like the way SE's handling the Tidus event make me wonder if they're not just desperately trying to lure in whales before it's too late for the game.

Celegus

I definitely prefer Exvius overall, but both are great. Especially during the work day! Looking forward to what's next in December, hopefully the requirements for 5* cards isn't too bad.

Razmos

Finally!
PJ8FhM9.png
That last Red Fantoma just wouldn't drop :(

Also it's such a power trip to have 11 actions with Haste up, damn. YRP is such a great card

Got a notification from Mobius just now. "Finally coming today; FINAL FANTASY XV. But please don't forget MOBIUS!"
Between the Tidus shenanigans and literally pleading not to forget about the game, I'm pretty confident in saying the player count is in the toilet.

Falk

that puzzling face
kUQNqxL.gif

FF7r looking good

(obviously from Mobius collab; please don't repost this elsewhere and make GAF meltdown over downgrade)

Pejo

Gold Member
Mystic Sage (the next premium job) is behind the same $75 paywall. What a joke.

That sucks. Apparently the Tidus event wasn't enough of a disaster to get them to reconsider these premium jobs. I don't really care so much about these two, but I really wanted the WoL and Gabranth ones.

That sucks. Apparently the Tidus event wasn't enough of a disaster to get them to reconsider these premium jobs. I don't really care so much about these two, but I really wanted the WoL and Gabranth ones.

Pretty sure that Warrior of Light (and Cloud) is in the next batch with Sage, so I doubt that'll be premium since the 12000 magicite bullshit only mentions Sage.

Razmos

Pretty sure that Warrior of Light (and Cloud) is in the next batch with Sage, so I doubt that'll be premium since the 12000 magicite bullshit only mentions Sage.
Or they'll just have 1 premium job a month. Even though they were released in the same batch in JP doesn't mean they will here. Especially since Cloud is a pretty big deal and you'd think they'd be advertising that shit. Also there is no FF7 event announced.

Cloud will probably be a 12k magicite job in January.

Also there is no FF7 event announced.

Cloud will probably be a 12k magicite job in January.

Cloud was originally released in the Dissidia event. There's an event in Japan coming up where they're re-releasing this job alongside a second Cloud job. I've no doubt that they'll put Cloud behind a paywall, but I don't think they'll do it for every job.

Just imagine if these were in a gacha, $75 would probably be "cheap," (not justifying it, but this is probably what they had to do given our otherwise awesome version of the job pull).

Just imagine if these were in a gacha, $75 would probably be "cheap," (not justifying it, but this is probably what they had to do given our otherwise awesome version of the job pull).

Japan's gatcha costs half as much tickets/magicite, I believe, and also gives you a handful of random ability cards. AND you're guaranteed to get the event job after a certain number of pulls. AND you can farm magicite from boss battles. Japan's setup is certainly looking better and better as Global goes on.

Celegus

Got 84 kills as WHM, good enough for top 3000 at least. Probably don't have the patience to try for top 1000, let alone 500. Seems kind of crazy it's so hard to get placed highly in towers when I can easily get in the top 1000 weekly ranking in just one try every week.

Got 84 kills as WHM, good enough for top 3000 at least. Probably don't have the patience to try for top 1000, let alone 500. Seems kind of crazy it's so hard to get placed highly in towers when I can easily get in the top 1000 weekly ranking in just one try every week.

I think that's because the tower is challenging and it's pretty simple in its design; make it as far as you can. The weekly scoreboard is boring by comparison because it's heavily influenced by what jobs and cards you have and the rewards themselves are also pretty boring. The challenge the towers provide is also a much needed relief from the rest of the content, which is decidedly easy and its "difficulty" is more determined by repetition.

Maintenance tonight. There's lot of good stuff coming this month, I'm a bit excited.

I had thirty-two summon tickets and decided to try my luck with the 4★ card draws to get the FFX-2 bonus cards. I think I did fairly well, I got Hades (!), Bahamut (!!), Leviathan (!!) and Goemon. Actually, even the Goemon was a good draw since I probably wouldn't have used Growstars on area cards yet but they're supposed to be really good when you 5★ them.

By the way, the FFX-2 attack cards have a passive bonus to crystal drops and the support card has a passive bonus to drawing pink orbs.

I haven't bothered with the towers much, it's way too much work. I'll take the prizes for getting to the top, but that's about it.

Celegus

Crystal drop rate increase on X-2 cards is barely anything though sadly. Ran Mighty Golem ~75 times with all 3 cards in my deck and didn't get a single drop. That was half the reason I even went for those cards, pretty disappointing.

Celegus

Landscape mode is coming in a few days.

Also free magicite from multiplayer, max of 100 a day, apparently.

lol good luck every finding an open spot in a lobby to get the bonus. I refreshed for 20 minutes trying to get into one and couldn't get it a single time. Think I'm just gonna ignore this new "feature", what a mess. Literally no incentive to host a game and every reason to leach.

Man, the updates to this game really feel awesome in comparison to some other gache games I've played.

Crystal drop rate increase on X-2 cards is barely anything though sadly. Ran Mighty Golem ~75 times with all 3 cards in my deck and didn't get a single drop. That was half the reason I even went for those cards, pretty disappointing.
Hmm, that stinks. I'm still happy with the cards and I guess it's something if you're already material farming.

Celegus

Ended up making a smurf account on my old phone to cheese the daily magicite. And naturally it gets the card I want the most as its first free summon, Leviathan! It is much faster this way at least, beats refreshing the lobby list over and over.

Well Chapter 3.2 sucked...

No new enemies and cards
Really boring story development
The whole chapter is leading up to a confrontation with
Chaos.
It was so easy, I beat him before he could take a turn. He drops
4* Firaga without Limit Break... : /

Celegus

Yay got all 4 mage sicarius cards completely maxed. I guess warrior is next. Exvius is busted all day so lots of Möbius farming today!

Protip: listen to the new holiday world map theme if you haven't heard it yet, it's heavenly!

Alright, I think I was being a little too hard on 3.2 since we do end up with 4 summon tickets from the update (1 upon completion, 1 via achievement, 1 via side quest, 1 via chaos vortex).

Hnghhh those extra abilities

Counterattack lowers the enemies Break Gauge whenever they attack too

That's really good, but what happens if counterattack breaks the enemy? Do you lose a turn of it? (Especially in multi) if you're able to get two full turns that would be crazy.

I have a feeling that -force cards are going to be some of the best cards to 5★, they're insane.

I don't see it honestly. Multiplayer maybe, but it's too situational overall in single player, since most of the content has enemies with different elements. I don't think it would be great in towers either, since you would need at least one of the big three (Barrier, Haste, Drain) to get far. Do you have a build in mind that would take advantage of it?

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, even though they're stuck at 4*, the pupu overall seem to be better; Doesn't compete with recovery orb usage and the attack buff lasts longer.

After completing chapter 3.2, all jobs unlocked their second panel, which I thought was pretty cool (and a nice way of not spending a ton of seeds to get the second apprentice mage weapon), but apparently it's unintended behaviour.https://www.facebook.com/MobiusFinalFantasy/posts/373259423028567

<Error Report>
The following error was isolated:
After finishing chapter III, the 2nd skill panel will be unlocked even not all skills unlocked on the 1st skill panel.

Currently we are fixing this problem, the unlocked 2nd skill panel will be recovered. Players who already unlocked 2nd skill panel will not lose their skillseeds and the skill panel will remain unlocked. Thanks for your understanding.

Razmos

3 jobs in the Dissidia event.

Each requires a purchase of 12,000 magicite. This is definitely the standard for all legendary jobs going forward.

But hey, you get a unique spirit if you buy all 3!

Is there a better example of a company making terrible decisions for a mobile game than this? It really feels like they shit the bed with Mobius. Shame since it had a strong start and was actually a pretty decent game.

\______/ <-- Here is a dumpster for your game!

I think I'm done with this game. Haven't played in a week and don't particularly miss it. I guess I'll check out the cutscenes on YouTube as they come out.

That's... disappointing. I'm legit curious on how many people bought Tidus to justify not only moving forward with this, but doubling down into smaller time frames.

Razmos

I very much doubt the Dissidia jobs will be anywhere near as popular as Ace Striker, they won't get the sales they want from this

Caim

Is there a better example of a company making terrible decisions for a mobile game than this? It really feels like they shit the bed with Mobius. Shame since it had a strong start and was actually a pretty decent game.

The line "Please continue to support "MOBIUS FF" in the future." cracks me up.

It really is a shame because I really like this game, and there are other ways they could have handled the Legend jobs.

:/

Top Bottom