• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Falk

that puzzling face
Mobius day is a farce, how do I keep failing these 96%s again!!!

I always go for 100% now no matter what.

The amount of times that I've failed 98% but succeeding on 50 or below is crazy.

If the options are e.g. 80% -> 160%, then yeah it makes sense to keep going for the 80% chances as you average out to needing less mats over time.

If the options are 96 and 104% you might as well go with the 104%, since there isn't a wqorthwhile savings advantage for dropping from a guarantee to a high chance.

Razmos

888 Event (Nov 1st)

Special login rewards (including 6 summon ticket and 1 growstar)(this is on top of normal login rewards)
One free ability draw per day (14 days total)
888 Facebook event

After reaching 888 share, each player receive 88 ability tickets.
Lottery draw from comments, prize signed poster
November content

(8th) 3rd exploration zone. New costumes for Echo and other spirits.
(after update tonight?) Job panel 5-8, new weapons and evolution. Automatically open after first 4 panels. No need to draw job a second time.
(8th) FF Type-0 Legend cards. Summoned with RNG, not packs. (All fast lerner. One 5★, three 4★ and many 3★)
(10th) New multiplayer boss. New difficulty, 3★ boss fight with 2 guards. (They recommend 8 panel jobs for 3★ boss)
(17th) New time limited event with community based locks. Rewards Moogle themed spirits.
(24th) New battle tower. Tonberry boss. Gets more powerful with more breaks.
(24th) New abilities. Break focused cards and lower break defense.
(24th) September early acquisition (regen, wall, curse) cards will be added to ability shop.
FFX Legend cards coming. Exact release date unconfirmed.
Wait so the 5th-8th job panels don't need to be unlocked through job summons? That's a megaton if true

And one free ability draw per day!

And apparently Global steam version is coming "soon"

Celegus

Wait so the 5th-8th job panels don't need to be unlocked through job summons? That's a megaton if true

And one free ability draw per day!

And apparently Global steam version is coming "soon"
Yeah this is a ton of awesome stuff. Wishing I had stocked up on more seeds now though!

Are the Pictologia cards worth it even if I don't really care about catching 'em all?
Doesn't seem like it, I passed on all of them. The Type-0 ones coming in November seem better though.

I'm really loving the news of this upcoming month, though I really hope that the Type-0 gacha won't have repeats.

Are the Pictologia cards worth it even if I don't really care about catching 'em all?
If you have Samurai, Garnet in the last pack is pretty good.
Seifer is great if you don't want to grind odin or you want an easy wind aoe for warrior.
Balthier is okay for Hunter.
Terra and Echo are poop though.

Golnei

Echo actually does get somewhat decent lines once in a while - I'm only just doing Infinite Arena now, and thought "Keep challenging established truths! You do you!" was pretty cute. If she was better written in general, had less annoying voice acting and was integrated more naturally into the plot, she could actually be likeable.

Razmos

How do you get a free draw? I just logged in and saw the bonuses but didn't realize what I was doing and skipped past everything.
Just go on the summon page, it's the top most option that says 8888888, also says the Magicite cost is x0

Pejo

Just go on the summon page, it's the top most option that says 8888888, also says the Magicite cost is x0

Awesome, thanks - pulled Undine. AoE main target focused water attack, hell yes. Will work out wonderfully on my Archmage and up-and-coming Scholar. Do we get one of these pulls daily?

Razmos

Awesome, thanks - pulled Undine. AoE main target focused water attack, hell yes. Will work out wonderfully on my Archmage and up-and-coming Scholar. Do we get one of these pulls daily?
Yep! From the 1st to the 13th.

I pulled Hermes (my first Haste card)

Looking forward to the rest of the pulls

Got the 2 gold openers from the daily log in too which was nice. And the 2 silver openers we got from what I presume was a Facebook event was enough to max out my Assassin job
xiDzlMd.png
Hmmmm those tasty stat boosts. Looks much better in white too.

The Tidus job (Ace Striker) is coming on the 24th! It uses Warrior cards and Mage cards (once you unlock a certain ability) and completely changes Wol's animations, as well as changing the battle theme to the battle from Final Fantasy X. I'm saving all my summon tickets for this job. I will have like a 1 in 7 chance of pulling it (I've done quite a few job pulls) and all the crap jobs like mage, Warrior and ranger have all been obtained already, so any job I get is going to be a good one. Woop

I wonder what will happen to the Brotherhood we got from the pre register campaign if you get the Brotherhood from the job, hmm

If you have the Ability Tickets to do it, buy up one of each Ability Card (except the x43 ones), that way you'll get a Celestriad for all of your pulls (unless you get one of the x43 cards).. and you can sell the old card to get two tickets back.

Xetherion

If you have the Ability Tickets to do it, buy up one of each Ability Card (except the x43 ones), that way you'll get a Celestriad for all of your pulls (unless you get one of the x43 cards).. and you can sell the old card to get two tickets back.

This is a good idea, thanks!

Celegus

First free draw was crap, but still really cool that we get some free ones! I also bought all the 3 cost tickets to get some of those Celestriads.

I've only pulled 5 jobs so far, but also gonna try my luck on Tidus. I really only have mage cards, so a warrior that can use them is very enticing.

Razmos

Got a 4* onion knight card today, which is helpful since I'm trying to level the one I already have and a I got a celestriad for it

Golnei

Is it actually possible to draw cards you don't already have through the free daily thing?

Also, the stripes on the Archmage's sleeves never fail to remind me of the archetypal Slav tracksuit.

Razmos

Damn, accidently sold my ability level 6 Omega card along with all the dupes. I've already finished the tower so it would be hard to get it again.

Ah well, I imagine it wasn't all that great

Celegus

Crap forgot about that tower... been grinding seeds for the next panels (only have 200k water and fire, 100k earth and wind... RIP). I only did 50 but could probably do a few more like usual to get into the top 10,000. No interest in try-harding stuff like that for such little rewards.

It's actually really long to get to summon new cards, isn't it ? I wanted a new job since the one I got doesn't interest me, but getting only 100 magicite everyday is a pain... Maybe I'm missing something, I can't believe it's that tedious without paying :/

Damn, accidently sold my ability level 6 Omega card along with all the dupes. I've already finished the tower so it would be hard to get it again.
Nothing of value was lost, the same ability will (apparently) be available in the next Exploration Zone releasing this week (you'll just need to Augment it, something Omega didn't need).

At this point I'm seeing the free pulls as a free dozen or so Celestriads.

If I actually pull one of the cards not yet in the Ability Shop or something 4★, I'll be happily surprised.

Celegus

It's actually really long to get to summon new cards, isn't it ? I wanted a new job since the one I got doesn't interest me, but getting only 100 magicite everyday is a pain... Maybe I'm missing something, I can't believe it's that tedious without paying :/
It's actually 100 every 16 hours or so, which makes it closer to 150 a day. Just gotta be patient. You do get summon tickets for clearing content as well, so just keep on trucking and you'll have enough for a few jobs before long.

If I actually pull one of the cards not yet in the Ability Shop or something 4★, I'll be happily surprised.

Exactly my theory too.

tensuke

Global Steam release sounds real good, I've been struggling with it so far because of the poor performance (even with settings turned down). It's fun, but it just takes too long to play a few levels. Even the UI is slow as molasses!

Xetherion

I got one of the 43 ticket cards today (Firaja), so that's one lest Celestriad for me. I don't think i'll ever use the -aja cards either since their orb cost is stupid high.

Global Steam release sounds real good, I've been struggling with it so far because of the poor performance (even with settings turned down). It's fun, but it just takes too long to play a few levels. Even the UI is slow as molasses!

Lol, if you think this game's UI is slow you must have never played Record Keeper. I barely even notice the slowness of this game.

tensuke

Lol, if you think this game's UI is slow you must have never played Record Keeper. I barely even notice the slowness of this game.

IDK I played Record Keeper for a while and I think after I fiddled with gpu acceleration it became a lot smoother. Not so for this game. It's not even strictly UI speed but a lot of times you click on something and it spends a few seconds loading first, it's like MGSV's menus when you're online.

WarAdept

Now the proud owner of a Dark Emperor and Pathfinder. Holy shit Ranger went from shit tier to fantastic.

Based panels 5-8.

Now what to do with these 600k remaining Water seeds... (wish I had a water job, but alas the last gatcha job I have is Knight and that uses Fire which the DK ate up).

Celegus

Now the proud owner of a Dark Emperor and Pathfinder. Holy shit Ranger went from shit tier to fantastic.

Based panels 5-8.

Now what to do with these 600k remaining Water seeds... (wish I had a water job, but alas the last gatcha job I have is Knight and that uses Fire which the DK ate up).

Ahhh jealous! I think my mage, white mage, black mage all want water... and I only have 250k. Not sure what to start with. WHM seems like the best choice, but their new weapon is garbage.

WarAdept

Ahhh jealous! I think my mage, white mage, black mage all want water... and I only have 250k. Not sure what to start with. WHM seems like the best choice, but their new weapon is garbage.

Conversely, the Dark Knights new weapon is the best shit ever. +20% extra critical damage and +20 damage during breaks.

I can solo team Odin in like 2 minutes by spamming 2 Dark Emperors and 2 Pathfinders with the AI. So so good. My seed farming is going to go through the roof with this.

Kenai

Yesh, even at level 5 my Dancer (Etiole?) just started wrecking those poor innocent monsters i needed to finish off El Dorado. I mean more so than before. I love fabulously destroying enemies in a hail of flower petals and knife stabs.

I am assuming that I won't be staying in the ~2800 rankings when work/school lets out and other people start having their fun, but it was nice while it lasted.

Speaking of, I have been farming Odin and how is one supposed to upgrade those cards to 4 or higher? Also, is farming and fusing multiples the only way to boost them up? Seems like a lot of work...

So there are a lot of QoL updates in here.

In Settings you can set new card drops to auto sell and augment materials to auto bank.

There's an Auto-Evolve card menu now, you can set cards to auto skill and/or skillseed evolve as your get drops and it'll get 20% EXP even if you aren't using it.

I'm also seeing some added speediness in a few places (like the end of battle reward pops).

Okay so I'm going to rant a little about the free gacha we've had

Since it started I've got:
2 Onion Knight
2 Alexander
2 Raiden
1 Luchorpan

There are about 80 cards in the pool, with the chance of getting a 4* variant. Why so many dupes? I want some variety in my Celestriads Square!

Celegus

Okay so I'm going to rant a little about the free gacha we've had

Since it started I've got:
2 Onion Knight
2 Alexander
2 Raiden
1 Luchorpan

There are about 80 cards in the pool, with the chance of getting a 4* variant. Why so many dupes? I want some variety in my Celestriads Square!
I've gotten nothing but crap dupes for Celestriads as well. My only 4* cards remain to be A&T and V&F.

Golnei

I managed to get one 4* card (which I can't actually use with my current jobs...), the rest, without fail, have been Gusions.

Razmos

Oh my god, in the config menu you can set Cactuars and upgrade materials to go straight to the card bank, hnghhh

Seriously this update

Oh it was already mentioned, still though!

Golnei

I was waiting until today to fuse all of my leftover Idol Heads - now that I've actually looked at it, I'm pretty sure the card image meets at least 68% of the qualifiers for vaporwave.

Top Bottom