• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, the Exploration Zone really needs a bunch of 20/30/50 stam options that give a shit ton of skillseeds at less efficiency than if you're willing to wait out autoing 4stam dungeons.

WarAdept

Does anyone experience crashes in MP just before the results screen? It's not super frequent but while I still get the boss drops, the seed multiplier resets and I don't get that x17.5.

Frustrating to say the least.

I just started the game a week ago and I'm not sure what I should do from now.
I feel like getting new card is quite hard without paying real money (and even then, it's really expensive imo). But maybe I'll reach a point where chest unlock more summon cards ?
Anyway, I still need another job and a heal card because fights are starting to be quite difficult :/

I feel like getting new card is quite hard without paying real money (and even then, it's really expensive imo). But maybe I'll reach a point where chest unlock more summon cards ?
Anyway, I still need another job and a heal card because fights are starting to be quite difficult :/
Do you mean job cards? You should be fine with the starter jobs in single player for the most part, and you'll earn enough Summon Tickets to summon a few throughout.

If you feel like you are liking the game, my advice would be to buy a Mobius Box. For a starting player, it's basically a one-time buy (as you'll earn enough free Magicite to buy a new one every month from thereon) and it's a massive boost, WELL worth it.

As you play through and complete everything you'll get alot of cards. The new side area alone has 7 summon tickets when fully completed. Mobius Box every time you can.

Since you've just started, remember to rely on rental cards for damage since you probably wont have great options in the beginning. For healing, you should eventually buy a maxed Hades from the ability store (24 ability cards I think?) but I would wait until you get 5 or more speed. If you have a class like that, just get Hades now.

Ok thanks for the advices. However, I just saw that the mobius box cost 3000 magicite. It's a lot haha I shouldn't have buy those cards :/
I'll farm and see where this goes.

Also, do you think it's possible to have all cards ? I kinda like to collect stuff like that but I don't think it's going to be possible in a lifetime without paying :p

I'm pretty certain you won't be able to get all the cards without paying, though the game is kind enough to remove most of the gacha rng so you'll usually get what you want when you pull. The job summon doesn't repeat, the special 5 pack of cards are predetermined, and the gacha to pull new cards is skewed towards newer sets of cards. Also, while most of the cards in the gacha can gotten through the ability shop anyway, it is helpful to get cards that are fully upgraded so you don't have to grind them further..

It's pretty fair imo.

I'm pretty certain you won't be able to get all the cards without paying, though the game is kind enough to remove most of the gacha rng so you'll usually get what you want when you pull. The job summon doesn't repeat, the special 5 pack of cards are predetermined, and the gacha to pull new cards is skewed towards newer sets of cards. Also, while most of the cards in the gacha can gotten through the ability shop anyway, it is helpful to get cards that are fully upgraded so you don't have to grind them further..

It's pretty fair imo.

Alright thanks!

WarAdept

I'm actually enjoying Explorer in multilplayer (because my DK ain't doing jack to Odin).

But yeah, 5* hurts. Thankfully breaker is such a braindead job.

I got an Assassin with my first batch of El Dorado cards.

I was kind of hoping for a better warrior card, but I do loves me some rangers and I can be a breaker in multi.

Of course, now I have to mad farm for water augments since all of my ranger drops are still 1★ (cause Thief no can use).

I also dropped some cash for the 3000 magicite pack since the game has given me two enjoyable months, but I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet. I'm thinking the best thing would be to expand my slots and bank and use the rest to snag a Growstar, since those are absolutes. I'll leave the gacha to my free cards/magicite (for now).

Razmos

The way the Magicite distiller works out, I usually get 4000 Magicite overall, 3000 of which goes into the gift box of course, but the other 1000 I usually spend on silver/gold openers or other stuff. Yesterday I expanded my card slots by 50 for 1000 Magicite which is going to be very handy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Silver and Gold opener seem like a waste since they're a resource that can also be gotten by grinding.

don't listen to falk

I don't have the patience to grind the amount of skillseeds needed for the 4th panel, that shit is ridiculous.
I thought the same at first, but if you can manage a setup that can get you 1000+ of something in auto it works its way out.

That said, openers are still pretty useful, the free silvers we got made me very happy with the new Assassin card.

Celegus

I don't have the patience to grind the amount of skillseeds needed for the 4th panel, that shit is ridiculous.

And 5-8 are going to be even worse... if we don't get a better way of getting seeds, I might just be done with the game until there is.

Razmos

And 5-8 are going to be even worse... if we don't get a better way of getting seeds, I might just be done with the game until there is.
5-8 actually start out low. It's like a repeat of 1-4 and are separate, 5 doesn't follow on from 4.

Most of the skillseed costs on the 5th panel are about 100 skillseeds lol.

So get this:

I didn't know about the achievement system, so I signed up for that
We just got El Dorado which has a lot of summon tickets
My Gift Box was up for renewal

I ended up with ~20 summon tickets \o/

(Did a six pull and got Hermes(Haste) and pulled for two jobs: Samurai and Scholar)

WarAdept

Is there a max cap on skillseeds?

Asking due to there being basically no room in the UI to go up to 1 mil +. It could go over 999,999 (and not display but still count the seeds past the value) but I was just curious if I should burn up my skillseeds before then.

Is there a max cap on skillseeds?

Asking due to there being basically no room in the UI to go up to 1 mil +. It could go over 999,999 (and not display but still count the seeds past the value) but I was just curious if I should burn up my skillseeds before then.

Not sure but jobs aren't going to take that much of one skill seed for 5-8 panels so you might as well put them into your current jobs before you reach it.

As for skillseed farming, if you take a look at some of the jp videos for multiplayer/solo you end up getting higher multipliers down the road since you'll be doing more damage and thus getting higher scores (also more battle waves/enemies). (I think I remember seeing x53 once in a multi fight).

Also, I would just focus on getting augment mats along with skillseeds for now. I tend to match the element day in the side zones with which boss to farm (so water day = fire gems and molten cores). Makes it feel alot better in terms of grinding since you're building up multiple things.

Also, I would just focus on getting augment mats along with skillseeds for now. I tend to match the element day in the side zones with which boss to farm (so water day = fire gems and molten cores). Makes it feel alot better in terms of grinding since you're building up multiple things.
This is about what I'm doing, just not as coordinated (might not be a bad idea, though).

I'm currently scrambling to get water materials (..again) so I can make better use of my Assassin.

Falk

that puzzling face
I wonder how similar the actual engine codebase is to LR, despite PS3 <--> phones.

It may be the work was already done porting LR to Steam so why not, etc.

Considering how auto-heavy the game is though, I'd rather have it running in the background on a computer rather than occupying my phone. Not too big a fan of bluestacks/etc. right now either.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I wonder how similar the actual engine codebase is to LR, despite PS3 <--> phones.

Considering how auto-heavy the game is though, I'd rather have it running in the background on a computer rather than occupying my phone. Not too big a fan of bluestacks/etc. right now either.

Yup. My phone's battery will be very glad if this comes over to GL.

WarAdept

Mobius Day is best day.

V&F is still stupid. Melee classes with Earth spells are critting Odin with weakness for 40k-50k. Mage casually flicks arm and does 70k+ neutral damage.

Celegus

Hopefully it runs better on PC than the steaming pile of garbage that is the Lightning Returns port.

Mobius Day is best day.

V&F is still stupid. Melee classes with Earth spells are critting Odin with weakness for 40k-50k. Mage casually flicks arm and does 70k+ neutral damage.

I don't think theres an earth powerhouse warrior class in yet. There's samurai but he has low magic and we can't limit break normal attacks yet.

WarAdept

Have 550k water seeds.

Panels 5-8 require 400k+ of primary seed.

Ready to instantly evolve Dark Lord.

Check on JP website, Dark Lord uses Fire seeds as primary.

40k fire seeds.

Kek.

Falk

that puzzling face
Soooo.

As a couple of key projects wrap up this year, I'm actually having a little bit more free time now. Which means I'm probably going to start working on my ~real game~ backlog and I'm cutting back on mobile.

RIP Mobius. It's been fun.

(I'll probably hop back in if/when EN comes to desktop)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Soooo.

As a couple of key projects wrap up this year, I'm actually having a little bit more free time now. Which means I'm probably going to start working on my ~real game~ backlog and I'm cutting back on mobile.

RIP Mobius. It's been fun.

(I'll probably hop back in if/when EN comes to desktop)

Enjoy real gaming, Falk!

We'll all be here waiting for you.

Pejo

So I finally got enough magicite back to renew the gift box, and pulled my Dragoon with the summon tickets!

This is the job I've been waiting for, pretty much.

Any tips on good warrior cards (and good cards to 4* as warrior?) Pretty much all of my knowledge is mage oriented, so I feel like I'm starting over at the beginning. I bought a MAX BOOST Ares card just to get some fire seeds going, but otherwise I'm using fire Pupu, drain and some random earth card.

I'm super happy to finally have a breaker class to take into multi, too. It's nice doing crazy dps, but holy shit do I get tired of breakers going in the wrong order and not being able to do their job, causing deaths and delays.

WarAdept

So I finally got enough magicite back to renew the gift box, and pulled my Dragoon with the summon tickets!

This is the job I've been waiting for, pretty much.

Any tips on good warrior cards (and good cards to 4* as warrior?) Pretty much all of my knowledge is mage oriented, so I feel like I'm starting over at the beginning. I bought a MAX BOOST Ares card just to get some fire seeds going, but otherwise I'm using fire Pupu, drain and some random earth card.

I'm super happy to finally have a breaker class to take into multi, too. It's nice doing crazy dps, but holy shit do I get tired of breakers going in the wrong order and not being able to do their job, causing deaths and delays.

Dragoon is a bit different as it's a breaker. Unfortunately since it's a Warrior, it doesn't reap the OP benefits of 4WoL in SP nowhere near as much as a Ranger using it.

Other than that, play it as a standard breaker in MP (Artemis/Pupu/FFRK cards for more starting moves) and just upgrade the ST Swords/T&J for damage in SP. AoE becomes more important once Chapter 3 pt2 is launched, so you can invest in the -aga Warrior variant cards.

Pejo

Dragoon is a bit different as it's a breaker. Unfortunately since it's a Warrior, it doesn't reap the OP benefits of 4WoL in SP nowhere near as much as a Ranger using it.

Other than that, play it as a standard breaker in MP (Artemis/Pupu/FFRK cards for more starting moves) and just upgrade the ST Swords/T&J for damage in SP. AoE becomes more important once Chapter 3 pt2 is launched, so you can invest in the -aga Warrior variant cards.

Cool, are there any Max 3+ warrior cards that are must haves, at least for Multi? I saw one that does Unguard, but does that actually reduce def, or just nullify defense boost?

Also, when I'm getting AoE cards, I want to aim for the AoE + Main target focus right? or just standard AoE?

Golnei

While the end result isn't terribly good, I can at least appreciate what they were attempting with the Azure Witch's voice acting. Though I can't imagine it coming out of her unmasked design...maybe that's a good thing?

I'm a little disappointed there's not FF5 music accompanying this event.

Or even Omega from XIII-2. The sound design in tower events has been awful - I don't think I've kept the audio on for a single one yet; while I generally play at least some of the main chapters and the first run through exploration zones with it on.

The loop of standard encounter to boss is too short to justify a seperate boss theme and victory fanfare for at least half the tower and Empty Towers is too short to be playing on loop the whole way through. At the same time, being a temporary event, they couldn't exactly have original 5+ minute pieces written for each one. Reusing existing tracks from other games and only giving the tower bosses separate music after the 20-30th floor could help.

Top Bottom