• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

I don't get people who do this (for any game). Besides just being enjoyable (at least some of the time), sound can offer useful cues for combat or otherwise.

Even if I turn the music off or on low to listen to my own music or podcasts (especially for an MMO), I'll always keep other sound effects on.

Yeah I cant play withought sound. I mean I can grind on pointless mobs with a mix or whatever on if im farming for a pet but outside of that full sound allways.

Stormwind music is best music though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I play without sound a lot, but I'm watching TV. My TV is to the left and 7 feet behind my monitor because I use my couch as a seat.

But I like the sound when I'm not watching TV,

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is there anywhere I can download all the patches I would need on a fresh install of the game? I'm getting a new hard drive and I don't want to wait for the download when I get it.
It's weird how you don't even need to install the game since the last time I upgraded by computer, I just copied the World of Warcraft folder and it worked exactly like I downloaded the client.

Is it true that in Mists they're going to make mounts bind on ACCOUNT? So all the cool mounts I have on one character will transfer to everyone else?

... cause... well, that would be fucking AWESOME.

Rokam

Is it true that in Mists they're going to make mounts bind on ACCOUNT? So all the cool mounts I have on one character will transfer to everyone else?

... cause... well, that would be fucking AWESOME.

Currently it's only pets, but mounts would be the next logical step.

As far as playing without sound goes, my computer runs about a 1000 times better without sound in WoW. I usually then will have a podcast or something going in the background. And since DBM stills plays noises with WoW's sound turned off I'm fine. Every now and then when doing LFR I'll turn back on music, because some of it is pretty good.

Currently it's only pets, but mounts would be the next logical step.

As far as playing without sound goes, my computer runs about a 1000 times better without sound in WoW. I usually then will have a podcast or something going in the background. And since DBM stills plays noises with WoW's sound turned off I'm fine. Every now and then when doing LFR I'll turn back on music, because some of it is pretty good.

I seriously hope they do that.

Seriously.

I'm serious.

Well they're changing all of the backgrounds in the character creation screen. Currently all of the Horde races stand inside Orgrimmar. Pandaren also got an updated background as well. Pretty cool.

Edit: Alright so account-wide mounts are in as of this patch but they're acting a little weird at the moment. My Worgen Warrior that I copied over has the Raven Lord from my Pandaren premade and he's got the mounts from my Orc Hunter except for the horde only mounts.

Mounts disappear and reappear after you zone anywhere right now in beta.

ampere

Well they're changing all of the backgrounds in the character creation screen. Currently all of the Horde races stand inside Orgrimmar. Pandaren also got an updated background as well. Pretty cool.

Edit: Alright so account-wide mounts are in of this patch but they're acting a little weird at the moment. My Worgen Warrior that I copied over has the Raven Lord from my Pandaren premade and he's got the mounts from my Orc Hunter except for the horde only mounts.

Awwwww snap. Loading beta now to check this out!

I seriously hope they do that.

Seriously.

I'm serious.
For people who have a lot of different characters and like to switch classes sometimes (me being one of them), account wide stuff is one of the most exciting things about the expansion.

Edit: Alright so account-wide mounts are in of this patch but they're acting a little weird at the moment. My Worgen Warrior that I copied over has the Raven Lord from my Pandaren premade and he's got the mounts from my Orc Hunter except for the horde only mounts.

What about Death Knights? Are they still in the Ebon Hold?

ampere

ALL OVER MY FACE

J3sUE.jpg

this is too awesome

FrMwe.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Death Knights still have the same background image as live.

Also they put in a zoom to the face when you're selecting different faces.

What's with the ugly pixelated background? Is that unfinished from the beta or am i missing something?

What's with the ugly pixelated background? Is that unfinished from the beta or am i missing something?
Something went wrong with my client when I took those shots. Everything looked weird.

Edit: I went ahead and updated the pictures to better reflect how they look in beta.

Rokam

Don't really get why people grief, and do it so blatantly in front of tons of people who you know are going to report you. Had a guy taunting the mob at the CoC out of the arena to reset it. I was up in the air following some alliance guy who kept trying to gank them, I'm pretty sure the alliance dude and horde guy were friends and just trying to be the ultimate dicks.

Enosh

ugh the game keeps throwing 2 handers at me while I try to go dual wield
have a normal mode Gurthalak in my hands right now as frost, while I have 359 and 353 ilvl one handers
maybe the game is telling me to go unholy, but I hate the damn pet and the rotation is all kinds of funny -.-

Rokam

ugh the game keeps throwing 2 handers at me while I try to go dual wield
have a normal mode Gurthalak in my hands right now as frost, while I have 359 and 353 ilvl one handers
maybe the game is telling me to go unholy, but I hate the damn pet and the rotation is all kinds of funny -.-

No luck on sword/mace from the HoT heroics?

Enosh

No luck on sword/mace from the HoT heroics?
hell no
14 HoT, 9 end time didn't see a single one of them drop
edit: on the plus side the sword looks awesome and I think 2h sword and axes fit much more to death knights than dual wield ^^

besides, would 2 378 weapons be better than one 403 at this point?
I guess the rune of razorice, the higher fallen crusader and KM procs would pick up the slack, maybe, idk

Anyone willing to send me a Scroll of Resurrection? I'm not sure if I qualify, but I haven't played in a while.
I can send you one. Just PM me with the e-mail address that you use to sign into your Battle.net account.

Also if you want to transfer one of your characters to a different server put that in the PM too so I can make a character there.

ampere

I need some opinions, what do you guys think is the best Rogue set to transmog? All opinions are highly valued! :)

Personally I like to take a combination of different pieces for my rogue. Maybe you'll get an idea from mine? I also sort of have a thing for druid offset pieces, it sucks that there's no way for me to get the druid t13 shoulder look alikes as a rogue though.

Here's the look I have going right now:
z6YvL.png

The legs are Warbear Woolies

The shoulders are Soul Eater Shoulderguards

I'm using the druid caster sandals from ultraxion right now, but I used to use Sandals of the Insurgent

The gloves are ceremonial leather gloves

The current chest I'm using is from rhyolith, druid t12 look alike, but the vest of sobbing goes well too

The belt is the belt of hidden keys, the valor belt

Vilifier

Neo Member
I haven't subscribed or played this game since early 2010, and this morning I received an email from Blizzard saying my account was suspended for gold trading. Anyway Blizzard have just reactivated my account, and I look through the history and the hacker had set-up a 10 day cataclysm trial.

It is surprising how easy it was for someone to hack and reactivate my account without my knowledge.

They sold all the stuff on my characters, so I have to reinstall and check the mail box, if I could be bothered just to get all my items back...

Account wide mounts are live on beta. Even Class mounts! I totally wasn't expecting that. FUCK, I'm going to have to level a Draenai paladin to 40, thank god I already have a warlock and DK.

Hunter on a warlock mount

Someone has to check if you can get both the Tauren Sunwalker Kodo and the Blood Elf Paladin mount as well.

And I wonder if that stuff works cross-faction. Can anyone confirm?

Even if it's just per-faction, that wouldn't matter to me as I haven't leveled an Alliance character on live past level 20. Nearly all my characters are Horde, most of my fancy stuff is on my DK main, though with account-wide achievements and mounts, I finally may feel comfortable switching main classes. I'd really like to be able to main something besides my DK, at least for awhile, even though I am quite attached to him.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Account wide mounts are live on beta. Even Class mounts! I totally wasn't expecting that. FUCK, I'm going to have to level a Draenai paladin to 40, thank god I already have a warlock and DK.

Hunter on a warlock mount

Now I wish my paladin was a Draenai =(. Well I'm too lazy to level a Dranei pally and I'm not about to for a race change especially since I already paid to change my pallys name.

Bisnic

Now I wish my paladin was a Draenai =(. Well I'm too lazy to level a Dranei pally and I'm not about to for a race change especially since I already paid to change my pallys name.

You only need to lvl it to 40, it doesnt take that long. :p

Someone has to check if you can get both the Tauren Sunwalker Kodo and the Blood Elf Paladin mount as well.

And I wonder if that stuff works cross-faction. Can anyone confirm?
I'll jump on beta in a couple minutes to see. My mounts are screwed up in beta at the moment as they're all gone from the list on multiple characters. Makes seeing what works a bit of a hassle.

Bisnic

Great, now i need to make a warlock so i can have their awesome mount on my other classes.

Edit : Oh wait, i remember making a warlock years ago, dont think i've deleted it. :D

ampere

The class specific mounts being account wide is really neat, but I doubt that will make it to live servers.

I would love to be proved wrong, heh.

Rokam

My horde character can't use my alliance paladin's mount or any of the alliance mounts, just my pally's rare mounts.

markot

Banned
No other class should be able to use the class speciifc stuff >.<! Warlock mounts are for WARLOCKS only! hey hey! ho ho! Class specific mounts has got to not go!

My horde character can't use my alliance paladin's mount or any of the alliance mounts, just my pally's rare mounts.
Yeah it doesn't work on my Horde characters either. Not sure if them not working on the Horde is bugged or if class specific mounts weren't supposed to be included in the account-wide system.

Whooter

My brother was able to use his Alliance character's Violet Proto-Drake with his Horde character. Even gave his Hordie the 310% flying speed achievement when he mounted up.

My brother was able to use his Alliance character's Violet Proto-Drake with his Horde character. Even gave his Hordie the 310% flying speed achievement when he mounted up.
Did that character also receive 310% flying speed as well or just the achievement?

Or wait, isn't the Violet drake a 310% mount anyway?

markot

Banned
Srsly though in all seriality.... what are we paying for >_<; Wheres the content blizzard?! You cant spend time working on expansion packs and ignore the whole stuff that goes on inbetween...

Its pretty shocking... how many 'content' patches have we seen? Why are they do slow? Why has it become acceptable?

Its... feh. How long between killing Deathwing and Pandaria? Crazy.

I mean at this rate, I might not even bother with pandaria... even though I have a year sub...

Whooter

Pretty sure that one's not intended.

Hm. I would think that kind of thing is exactly what is intended for Account-wide mounts.

My prediction (and I base this on absolutely nothing, other than my gut, which is both prodigious and usually wrong) is that Account-Bound mounts will be limited to mounts that are rewards from completing Achievements. Mounts that can simply be purchased or built, will not be included.

Hm. I would think that kind of thing is exactly what is intended for Account-wide mounts.

My prediction (and I base this on absolutely nothing, other than my gut, which is both prodigious and usually wrong) is that Account-Bound mounts will be limited to mounts that are rewards from completing Achievements. Mounts that can simply be purchased or built, will not be included.

I was referring to the free 310% speed.

Ah, gotcha.

I wonder does earning the mount via the Long Strange Trip achievement still grant the 310% speed if you don't already have it?

I believe so, but since 310% is purchasable now, it's not as big a deal. It's really not that expensive if you want it.

I just don't think it's intended that if you have that achievement and mount, that you get free 310% forevermore on all your characters. (And this is coming from someone that does have that achieve.)

Top Bottom