• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Questions!

1) My mage cannot enter higher level dungeons like ToC and FoS because my item level isn't high enough. I'm wearing a ton of Heirlooms which are item level 1 so that's probably the issue. I tried putting them in my bank and wearing different gear but my "average item level" has not changed. Is Blizzard also looking at bank items? Because that's dumb, I have a lot of dresses and random clothes that are low item levels. Advice?

2) What's the cheapest or easiest way to earn a cat companion (of any type)? I want to get one and mail it to my girlfriend as a present but the ones in the AH are very expensive.

3) What are the biggest gold dumps in this game? I want to get Master Riding ($4k) for my alt, but it's so expensive and would exhaust most of my gold. Basically, I want to make sure I won't need a huge chunk of money later on for something else...

aesop

3) What are the biggest gold dumps in this game? I want to get Master Riding ($4k) for my alt, but it's so expensive and would exhaust most of my gold. Basically, I want to make sure I won't need a huge chunk of money later on for something else...

Vial of the Sands is a pretty massive gold sink. Mammoth vendor mount also costs quite a bit.

Well, you might argue that everything in this game is optional. You never actually need Master Riding.

Good point.

That and buying some of the best available gear outside of raid bosses.
Where can you buy awesome gear that costs gold? Most awesome gear I know about is paid with badges/emblems or whatever the dungeon/raid reward currency is called. I am only interested in PvE gear btw.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Good point.

Where can you buy awesome gear that costs gold? Most awesome gear I know about is paid with badges/emblems or whatever the dungeon/raid reward currency is called. I am only interested in PvE gear btw.

Check the AH. They're actually drops from raids or 5 mans that are not bound on pickup. But if 4000 gold is a lot for you, you might not be able to buy them as people sell raid quality gear for over 9k-10K gold most of the time. Might be luckier with the gear from 5 mans which is usually below 1k.

But i'm talking about lvl 85 gear here. You seem to still be lvl 80, so its not worth it to buy gear from the AH, quest gear is good enough.

Check the AH. They're actually drops from raids or 5 mans that are not bound on pickup. But if 4000 gold is a lot for you, you might not be able to buy them as people sell raid quality gear for over 9k-10K gold most of the time. Might be luckier with the gear from 5 mans which is usually below 1k.

But i'm talking about lvl 85 gear here. You seem to still be lvl 80, so its not worth it to buy gear from the AH, quest gear is good enough.

Okay great, that makes sense. Thanks for the info!

Is the 310 flight worth it? I'm doing a lot of farming, and the extra 30% on top of what my guild level gives me... I'm thinking it may be. Suggestions?

Is 4,000 gold the cheapest you can get Master Riding for with the exhalted rep discount and everything?

One more question: I just completed a Darkmoon Faire quest where the completion reward was +5 tailoring. I am at level 420 now so 5 leveling points can be very valuable! Are there any other quests that reward tailoring points?

Bisnic

Is 4,000 gold the cheapest you can get Master Riding for with the exhalted rep discount and everything?

One more question: I just completed a Darkmoon Faire quest where the completion reward was +5 tailoring. I am at level 420 now so 5 leveling points can be very valuable! Are there any other quests that reward tailoring points?

4k is the cheapest with exalted yeah.

There is no tailoring quests that gives free leveling points other than the one you did, just like almost all other Darkmoon Faire profession quests, which reset everytime Darkmoon Faire come back every month.

There is no tailoring quests that gives free leveling points other than the one you did, just like almost all other Darkmoon Faire profession quests, which reset everytime Darkmoon Faire come back every month.
Thanks again sir

aesop

Well... you can get it free, but it will take a full year and a lot of patience to do it. Here's looking at you, School of Hard Knocks.

And speaking of DMF, finally got my bear mount. Not too shabby. The dancing bear animation is worth the grind.

Bisnic

I wonder how many of those 10 millions are in China.

Probably half of it. With the remaining 3 and 2 millions in either "the Americas" or Europe.

Roughly half, yeah. Cataclysm sold 4.5m copies in its first month, and was only available in the West as a boxed purchase. So probably 5.5 million western subs at the time out of 12 million.

Assuming that pattern holds steady, we're at 4.5 vs 5.5 now West vs. East.

markot

Banned
1) My mage cannot enter higher level dungeons like ToC and FoS because my item level isn't high enough. I'm wearing a ton of Heirlooms which are item level 1 so that's probably the issue. I tried putting them in my bank and wearing different gear but my "average item level" has not changed. Is Blizzard also looking at bank items? Because that's dumb, I have a lot of dresses and random clothes that are low item levels. Advice?

Bank doesnt count, its what is in your bags. Its all ilvl that counts, and the ilvl of heirlooms is generally just at blue lvl. (Do they go to 85 >.>?)

But yeah, you can see the ilvl number on your character sheet, if you want just get the blue pvp gear from the ah to fill any gaps.

Ultratech

Well... you can get it free, but it will take a full year and a lot of patience to do it. Here's looking at you, School of Hard Knocks.

And speaking of DMF, finally got my bear mount. Not too shabby. The dancing bear animation is worth the grind.

Yeah, you can get it free if you do the whole World Events achievement (What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been), but that's a LOT of a trouble and some of those achievements (such as School of Hard Knocks) will drive you mad.

Hell, you'd be able to build up 4k+ gold pretty easily doing normal Quests and Dailies. I made well over 15k alone just doing Quests alone from 70 onwards.

ch0mp

Questions!

It's just an average or your highest item for each slot. Gear in your bag is definitely included and I think the bank is too.

Best way to game the system is to buy a bunch of crafted PvP gear. I do not recommend doing this as a tank though, it will make your healer (me) want to tear their hair out.

idlewild_

Best way to game the system is to buy a bunch of crafted PvP gear. I do not recommend doing this as a tank though, it will make your healer (me) want to tear their hair out.

Or it will give them something to do. In 5mans I'm generally just atonement healing on my priest or exorcism/holyshock/crusader strike spamming on my paladin and healing only with WoG/LoD; maybe 10-15% of my healing is done from "real" heals in any given dungeon.

edit: not saying you should tank the HoT heroics wearing like 310 ilvl gear, but if you have enough gear to keep from getting globaled and your healer isn't doing the exact same thing (gaming the queue,) then you're probably fine.

Rokam

Not really sure why it's needed since they took away group quests, perhaps I'm just reading it wrong, but it seems useless. Actually it seems hurtful if they're not going to up the herb/ore spawns.

TheYanger

Demanded? Not so much by tons of 'high end' players, but if you start the game today it feels just as barren as SWTOR zones. Good change. One more step to servers being meaningless, which I approve of wholeheartedly. Levelling alts via questing is a VERY lonely experience right now.

timmy

If this means that the 1-60 zones will actually have people in them, then I am 100% for it. Leveling areas have been ghost towns since mid-TBC.

Rokam

Demanded? Not so much by tons of 'high end' players, but if you start the game today it feels just as barren as SWTOR zones. Good change. One more step to servers being meaningless, which I approve of wholeheartedly. Levelling alts via questing is a VERY lonely experience right now.

Perhaps I'm the odd one out here, but I don't like being bothered while leveling. And grouping to do normal quests just slows you down unless you're waiting for a quest mob to spawn. This will more than likely help world pvp, or at the very least there will be a shitload more ganking going on. But if this leads to servers being done away with then I'm on board.

Top Bottom