• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Morning fellow GAFfers, hope you are fine. I'm in need of more time and coffee for the day.

Oh and amazon just e-mail me regarding my Dark Souls pre-order:

"We're writing about the order you placed on November 14 2013 (Order# ...). We don't have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We'll provide you with periodic updates on your delivery date, and notify you as soon as the items are ready to dispatch."

Nothing new but... with all these games releasing by the end of the week and March just around the corner it will not be easy to wait even more for the one game I knew I was getting day one. I'm already going to wait (even) more due the international shipping. I just wanted to play one title from all that March goodness..! Hope we can get a release date soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ubi hasn't responded to my ticket yet and I think the view count on the first image I linked to has gone up by one. Hopes... rising.

Is JaseC not wearing makeup?
I never noticed JaseC's huge forehead, until now.

tumblr_inline_mjzbsyriapzz.gif

Edit: The Pacific Storm games are now self-published by Buka. Good for them!

Interesting tool I found, shows games in your, or anyone's, account that have been removed from steam.

http://timekillerz.eu/removed/tools.php

Not going to post a list, but I didn't realise "Your Doodles are Bugged!" has been removed. I really enjoyed that game, though it did degenerate into a have them climb a ramp into a bucket and rinse/repeat.

Dryk

Interesting tool I found, shows games in your, or anyone's, account that have been removed from steam.

Not going to post a list, but I didn't realise "Your Doodles are Bugged!" has been removed. I really enjoyed that game, though it did degenerate into a have them climb a ramp into a bucket and rinse/repeat.
I only just recently played that, I rather enjoyed it for what it was. I also have Blur and Indigo Prophecy. :(

Also one of my friends uses their game showcases to show off their Removed from Steam games.

EDIT: Wait... Neverwinter Nights 2? Wallace and Gromit? The fuck?

Uraizen

Banned

Huh... 27 removed games? I didn't expect it to be so high.

EDIT: Oh, there's an actual list on the site containing every game, oops.

JaseC

From my list:

Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire

These are still available, actually (well, one sort of and the other most definitely): while the DCS game app was removed it was replaced with a DLC app for DCS World, and The Settlers: Rise of an Empire is included in the NCSA-exclusive Settlers Pack.

Copons

Haven't seen this mentioned yet:

Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan is the new IndieGameStand deal

Game has been greenlit, and you get a Steam key with purchases of $1+

Looks good!
I see it's a mobile port. Anyone has some opinions about it?

Also: super useful discussions going on in its Greenlight page, with people warning the devs that "ku" (or, better, "cu") means "anus" in Portuguese.

The Monk would you please stop drifting away that page? Thanks! :p

tmarg

Both are licensing issues.

The rights to the DnD games went from Atari to Wizards of the Coast, which resulted in the games briefly being pulled pretty much everywhere. They've come back to most other sites, but for some reason haven't come back to Steam.

TellTale lost the rights to the Wallace and Gromit IP in January.

JaseC

I only just recently played that, I rather enjoyed it for what it was. I also have Blur and Indigo Prophecy. :(

Also one of my friends uses their game showcases to show off their Removed from Steam games.

NWN2 disappeared ~mid-2012, after Atari's publishing contract expired. Wallace and Gromit was yanked just last month due to the licence expiring.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

Knurek

ku looks rad, is there controller support?

GamersGate page for the game mentions Control Support, whatever that means.

Straight from the devs' mouth:
people worried about it being like phone games - The game is available on one mobile device at the moment. So are Bastion, Sword & Sworcery, Aquaria, Machinarium...I could go on. It is a multiplatform game, BUT it is not just a lazy port of a phone game - we are integrating controller support (as well as keyboard and mouse) and other PC-specific features.

nexon

Neo Member
GamersGate page for the game mentions Control Support, whatever that means.

Straight from the devs' mouth:
people worried about it being like phone games - The game is available on one mobile device at the moment. So are Bastion, Sword & Sworcery, Aquaria, Machinarium...I could go on. It is a multiplatform game, BUT it is not just a lazy port of a phone game - we are integrating controller support (as well as keyboard and mouse) and other PC-specific features.

Aquaria was ported TO iOS and Android Devices. That's why it feels good on PC and have "Control Support"

Arthea

Hexcells is nice, short but nice, good choice of music too.
I'd rather have Picross on steam though. That reminds, is there any indie game like Picross, that's on steam?

Also steam now is constantly sluggish for me, I had problems with badges tab always, but now everything seems loading ages, except library. :(

edited: I don't understand existence of Master THIEF Edition. They release a game without certain mission to sell it cheaper, and together release full for more. That's not even funny.

Knurek

I'd rather have Picross on steam though. That reminds, is there any indie game like Picross, that's on steam?

Not on Steam, but there's the World Mosaics series and Gemsweeper games. Available on casual portals.

Also on Steam, Puzzler World games have Link-A-Pix puzzles, and Everyday Genius: SquareLogic has some amazing MathDoku puzzles.

Turfster

edited: I don't understand existence of Master THIEF Edition. They release a game without certain mission to sell it cheaper, and together release full for more. That's not even funny.

Welcome to Day 0/Preorder DLC.
It can be worse, with various missions alls parcelled out to random US stores.
Still, at least the "bonus" missions are usually shit, so we're probably not missing much.

Arthea

Not on Steam, but there's the World Mosaics series and Gemsweeper games. Available on casual portals.

Also on Steam, Puzzler World games have Link-A-Pix puzzles, and Everyday Genius: SquareLogic has some amazing MathDoku puzzles.

Ya, Ive played puzzle world and link-a-pix was nice, but that's not exactly picross, link-a-pic is simpler.
Everyday Genius I think I don't have, gonna check it, thanks.

Welcome to Day 0/Preorder DLC.
It can be worse, with various missions alls parcelled out to random US stores.
Still, at least the "bonus" missions are usually shit, so we're probably not missing much.

it's Ok when bonuses are some stupid cosmetic items, but this is not even bonus, it's part of the game.

Garcia

Games that should be on Steam

Did not know these had a PC version

256px-Turok-dinosaur_hunter_n64_cover.png

256px-Turok2box.jpg

Yes! Turok 2 remains as one of my favorite FPS ever. I've played that one at least 5 times from start to finish. The first one. . . I eventually get bored of it, but Seeds of Evil is pure awesome. Cerebral Bore mofos.

Turfster

it's Ok when bonuses are some stupid cosmetic items, but this is not even bonus, it's part of the game.
For DX:HR, they parcelled out the Tracer Tong mission.
The mission itself was rather bleh (took all of 3 minutes to finish it stealthily), but I remember thinking in that cutscene
where you seen Tracer escape on the boat as you blow up the harbor
that people that hadn't played it probably wouldn't understand what the hell was happening.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'd rather have Picross on steam though. That reminds, is there any indie game like Picross, that's on steam?.

Nay, none on Steam. However this is one area where it doesn't need to be as simple Flash and a dedicated website takes care of it and more.

Largest collection of nonograms (aka Picross, griddlers), as well as others like multiples (six or more picross tables to form one larger picture) and Tri-Picross (aka Triddlers) which is an image formed from three directions rather than the standard horizontal and vertical of Picross puzzles.
http://www.griddlers.net/

Ever increasing due to the fact they make it easy to make them and share them.

Arthea

For DX:HR, they parcelled out the Tracer Tong mission.
The mission itself was rather bleh (took all of 3 minutes to finish it stealthily), but I remember thinking in that cutscene
where you seen Tracer escape on the boat as you blow up the harbor
that people that hadn't played it probably wouldn't understand what the hell was happening.

I was hoping that this kind of "selling point" gonna die, but looking at Thief, it's not going away, is it?
Why we put up with shit like this? *shakes head*

Turfster

Nosgoth has micro-transactions that run up to 80$? No thanks, I don't care if you're calling them "sidegrades", I'm not supporting this.

I was hoping that this kind of "selling point" gonna die, but looking at Thief, it's not going away, is it?
Not until the big chain retail stores die out, and probably not even then.

JaseC

Why we put up with shit like this? *shakes head*

Hey, pre-purchase DLC is awesome. Pre-purchase games are even better, like Rayman 2.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Frustrating, and not fun at all, and Sadiq can kill you by pushing you.

Were you playing a panther/assault style and therefore tried a frontal assault? I only ask as I finished the section via Ghost so I don't know how much damage he actually does.

JaseC

Huh, an Eidos forum moderator moved my thread about Thief's retroactive RU/CIS region-lock into a PC/next-gen mega-thread, although I did receive a message from Squeenix support stating that my ticket regarding the matter has been sent to the "appropriate department".

Current chance of the region-lock being removed: 50%.

JaseC

A couple of spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cubetractor -- MB-6AF51BF552D7E3DD - Taken by Boss Doggie
Dynamite Jack -- MB-B877E928D74719F9 - Taken by Benedict

Speaking of which: your game is already bomba, Squenix, so why the fuck do I still have to wait 4 more days?

Well, you don't have to. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom