• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
I feel like people are overreacting with YL. The game seems like exactly what was advertised, nowhere near super bad or anything. It's just that collectatons aren't the idea of fun for people they once were. That said I'm glad I paid something like $15 for it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
uANENT6.jpg
Is this what Colbie Smulders does when she's not doing a marvel movie? Hocks CBS brands?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
any reason the GB youtube page keeps reposting videos? I saw a new bombcast video come up and thought I'd blacked out and missed a day

TraBuch

Banned
So it's basically confirmed Simone is the new hire and she's bringing other Polygon people like say Griffin McElroy and Justin McElroy and along with them they bring Travis McElroy and Clint McElroy?

We're about to get a lot of content, guys.

So it's basically confirmed Simone is the new hire and she's bringing other Polygon people like say Griffin McElroy and Justin McElroy and along with them they bring Travis McElroy and Clint McElroy?

We're about to get a lot of content, guys.

bout time giant bomb got a 30 under 30 media luminary

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Purely anecdotal poll time;

Does anyone currently watching Beast in the East (and planning to finish the series) feel like they are getting all they'll need from Yakuza 0 by watching the feature, and have decided against purchasing it?

I ask because I've been thinking a lot about the Atlus/Persona streaming bullshit, and as much as I think it's the wrong move, I can empathize with the thought process of "So much of the Persona experience is the story, why would anyone buy it if they've watched it all already?"

This Yakuza 0 playthrough is a similar thing. Sure, the gameplay is actually really fun, but the story and characters are the standout aspect. So I'm wondering if anyone is willing to be honest and say "yeah, I may have bought it after watching the first little bit, but it won't be that enjoyable after seeing it all play out for me."

Want really going to get 0 because I'm hot and cold on the Yakuza titles. Probably would have from the hype but the beast playthrough have be pause.

Might get it when it is fairly heavily discounted.

Goddamn, sometimes I forget how long-winded Yakuza games can be, and not in a good funny way. You get a 10 minute tutorial skit about how to toss money and a 5 minute tutorial hint to get into the catfight club.

Guys, it's Rare speak.

It's part of the charm/annoyance.

I'm going to be able to tolerate it but pro tip: I think if you press X/A it stops the voiceover and you can just scroll the rest of the text, I believe.

It worked in the Toybox demo.

Edit: Yooka's chill voice makes him sound like a stoner imo.

I only work a half day tomorrow so I'm gonna dive into YL tonight and maybe play an hour or so. So if anyone wants impressions (though there have been plenty), I'll be dropping some later tonight.

Hindl

"You liked that game because you were 9 when you played it!"

The Rare story

Nah they made some good stuff

Tubobutts

I got into the
real estate stuff
much more than Majima's
hostess thing
. However, Whenever I played as Majima by that point I had to play
the hostess stuff
atleast once just because of the music.
That's interesting because I'm the exact opposite. Me trying to finish Majima's thing is what's stopping me from advancing the story while I haven't cared about Kiryu's very much at all.

I only work a half day tomorrow so I'm gonna dive into YL tonight and maybe play an hour or so. So if anyone wants impressions (though there have been plenty), I'll be dropping some later tonight.

I wouldn't mind reading some impressions. I'm getting it in the summer with Crash, going to be a nice game to chill out on. Snake Pass at the moment is scratching my collectathon itch.

That's interesting because I'm the exact opposite. Me trying to finish Majima's thing is what's stopping me from advancing the story while I haven't cared about Kiryu's very much at all.

I think I would have enjoyed it more had I put more time into it but by then I just wanted to see what happened next in the story. It's a testament to the game's soundtrack though that it kept pulling me to do that thing just so I could listen lol.

Jar Time w/ Jeff 04/10/2017
PREMIUM VIDEO ON APR 10, 2017 06:00 PM

rii8ss0.gif

repeater

Someone with video editing skills need to edit in the "YOU DIED" and "YOU DEFEATED" messages from Dark Souls as appropriate into the Yooka-Laylee QL.

Jar Time w/ Jeff 04/10/2017
PREMIUM VIDEO ON APR 10, 2017 06:00 PM

2931177-vlcsnap-error211.jpg
He looks stern AF. I hope the whole Jar Time is just an hour of Jeff monsterdunking on this thread for our shitty behaviour.

It's the only way I can derive sexual pleasure anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom