• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow it's weird that like in 1 in the morning I mentioned 'I don't talk about warhammer 40k' in reference to all the p5 talk, and vinny mentions warhammer in todays Beast in the East

Am I Vinny?

I knew this already, but man, hearing it on Jar Time was still nuts, but Giant Bomb will be a decade old next year! I know they don't seem to care about big things like that, but I hope we get some special content (pause for laughter.... just kidding) to celebrate it next year.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I knew this already, but man, hearing it on Jar Time was still nuts, but Giant Bomb will be a decade old next year! I know they don't seem to care about big things like that, but I hope we get some special content (pause for laughter.... just kidding) to celebrate it next year.

And the year after that, Jeff will be at Giant Bomb longer than he was with Gamespot. That's something I simply won't be able to accept once it passes, and I realized it with a two year buffer to prepare myself.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
BLLSL PART IV

Good Jar time, as always.

I'm pretty sure Danny is going to be doing something, Noclip Profiles: Giantbomb.

Good Jar time, as always.

I'm pretty sure Danny is going to be doing something, Noclip Profiles: Giantbomb.

Would be an awesome subject.

And the year after that, Jeff will be at Giant Bomb longer than he was with Gamespot. That's something I simply won't be able to accept once it passes, and I realized it with a two year buffer to prepare myself.

Yup. As you get older, time just seems to compress. One example I always think of is the show Friends. While I didn't watch it all that much (I watched it more during the later seasons), it aired from Fall 1994 to Spring 2004. That was 10 seasons. When it premiered, I was 8. When it ended, I was just about to turn 18. That 10 years seemed so long to me. Then, you have a "fine CBS property" like The Big Bang Theory, which premiered in 2007. It is currently in its 10th season, and it is going for (at least) another 2. 2007 to me, still feels like yesterday (and that is Pre-Giant Bomb!). I remember all the ads for the show (thinking it would not last one season...). It's a bizarre sensation that will probably get even more bizarre as time wears on.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This needs to be looked at
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/600370/

Really? I feel it has become a place where he simply reiterates what he's shared on tumblr or other places. Though, I guess it could also be on the community for continuing to ask the same questions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean while some questions are bound to be repeated albeit in different ways, it's still enjoyable just to hear Jeff chill out and chat while sometimes getting real indepth about certain topics in a way that he wouldn't be able to on the Bombcast or wherever else.

Tagyhag

Agreed.

Could you imagine the top 10 tension? Would be great content.

Yep, and I guarantee it would take less episodes than this Soul Calibur run will.

Dan is eventually just going to have to sandbag and let Vinny win. There is NO way Vinny wins if Dan played as much as he says he did.

At least not in the first 50 episodes.

Yep, and I guarantee it would take less episodes than this Soul Calibur run will.

Dan is eventually just going to have to sandbag and let Vinny win. There is NO way Vinny wins if Dan played as much as he says he did.

At least not in the first 50 episodes.

Never underistimate a guy like Vinny who likes to experiment.

Meguro

Banned
Ehhh not sure how I feel about SC2 as a TitR game.
It being competitive kinda feels against the spirit of that series.
But we'll have to see.

kai3345

Banned
jeff saying they're opening up a west video position "now that the other one is just about wrapped up"

wonder if that means the other west position or the other video position out east.

Mr. F

Banned
Was it ever specified whether the production role at NY was strictly behind the scenes? curious if they'd add a fifth person to the beastcast or rotate Jeff out (god forbid).

daveo42

Banned
jeff saying they're opening up a west video position "now that the other one is just about wrapped up"

wonder if that means the other west position or the other video position out east.

One would hope it's the West position. They need more fresh bodies over there.

Well, 1 hour of Yooka Laylee became 2 hours

Really gives me that nostalgic N64 feel they were going for.

Fun game. I'd go into more detail but I need to sleep.

Full impressions in the morning.

Haven't tackled Rampo but I've already expanded the first level and unlocked the 2nd level.

I'll have an official count on Rampo retries tomorrow.

jambo

Really? I feel it has become a place where he simply reiterates what he's shared on tumblr or other places. Though, I guess it could also be on the community for continuing to ask the same questions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not everyone obsessively follows every single social media and streaming account that Jeff runs.

Mr. F

Banned
Woo, played enough persona tonight to bang out the end of the first dungeon. Did it with 1 day to spare, unintentionally - took a while leading up to it to get the hang of how time works in the game/what takes full days to accomplish. Accidentally chewed up a few days with social links, training, and prepping lockpicks and not realizing the calling card takes up a day.

Can't wait to continue, been having a blast.

Meneses

Woo, played enough persona tonight to bang out the end of the first dungeon. Did it with 1 day to spare, unintentionally - took a while leading up to it to get the hang of how time works in the game/what takes full days to accomplish. Accidentally chewed up a few days with social links, training, and prepping lockpicks and not realizing the calling card takes up a day.

Can't wait to continue, been having a blast.

That happened to me too. Now I just try to finish the dungeons as soon as I can.

hamchan

We've gone 16 pages without bringing out the small group who enjoy telling the rest of us that we're terrible people and should commit seppuku for daring to criticise aspects of Giantbomb.com, let's not ring the bell now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom