• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This is really sad. I've heard nothing about the game since hearing that it was releasing the day before launchday.

Bought it just because of Swery a while ago even though I still didn't play it but I will at some point and I'm sure i'll be soaked in one weird, fantastic game.

slowpantz

Neo Member
I picked it up after reading the impressions from the OT. Really like what I have played so far. Really hope the game picks up steam.

TeRey09

Thank you!! PROOF!!

jGs8h2n.png

Swery is a genius, would love to support this game. The limited footage I've seen on Youtube looked awesome.

Unfortunately I can't justify buying an Xbone just for this, so if it does not see a port, chances are low I will ever play it. Shame about the sales, but this was sent to die.

I'm thinking about picking it up, but there's 4 games in the next week I'm supposed to be picking up so I honestly don't even know if I'll have time to play it. I'm gonna check it out a little bit more because it seems interesting, I just don't want to spend money on something I'm never gonna remember I bought because of all the other stuff.

This game is right up my alley, unfortunately the XBone isn't.

Had this come out on PS4 or PC I would have definitely bought it, finished it, and would be feeling depressed over its sales right now.
I never expected this to find an audience on the XBone of all places, though. What a waste.

I'm looking to buy an X1 around November time, but I might just have to buy this game before then. I am a diehard Deadly Premonition fan and would hate to see this game fail.

Seventy70

Damn, it's a great game, but people should only buy it if it looks like a game they would like or if they want to support the developer. Sucks to hear that it's selling bad though.

onken

This game is right up my alley, unfortunately the XBone isn't.

Had this come out on PS4 or PC I would have definitely bought it, finished it, and would be feeling depressed over its sales right now.
I never expected this to find an audience on the XBone of all places, though. What a waste.

This summarizes my thoughts perfectly.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to support this team, but I don't own an Xbox One. :(

Chris R

I loved the D4 quick look from Giant Bomb. When I buy an Xbone next year it will be one of the titles I grab for sure :(

Seventy70

Should everyone have the same taste as you?

I think his post may have been misinterpreted. It's a cheap game with not a lot of hype surrounding it. Many people with no knowledge of the developer or what the game is about would assume it's just another mediocre game.
?
You make it sound like anyone's forcing people to buy this game.

The OP makes it sound like everyone will like the game. I'm sure that wasn't their intention though, but it should be made clear that this game can be hit or miss.

RE_Player

Microsoft dropped the ball with this one. Stealth releases are great for diehard fans following the project but not much else. Seriously is there any outside promotion for this game?

If Nintendo or Sony published this I doubt it would be a million seller but at least there would be some buzz.

Duxxy3

Super niche title, surprise release, episodic series that isn't even being worked on any longer.

Not at all surprised that the game is doing poorly.

THRILLH0

Banned
I'm probably too late but I'll definitely buy this if you can subsidise!

gt: THRILLH0

edit: Wow, late as shit! Sorry to stretch the friendship OP ;)

Bluth54

Game looking interesting but I don't have an Xbox One and don't plan on buying one. I will pick it up if
when
it comes to Steam though.

PrinceKee

I didn't know the game was out? This is why it's selling like shit. I had know idea and I was anticipating it and waiting for reviews. Guess I need to go and download it...

robot

Everyone who cleaned house on that gamestop code promotion should at least buy it. Even if you don't own an xb1.

VRMN

I think 'no marketing' is unfair. The surprise release did it no favors, but this is not atypical, especially not for a niche release. In fact, it's gotten a lot more marketing than most $15 games get. It got time at E3, multiple trailers, and is currently in a featured position on the Xbox One dashboard.

That's literally as good as those games get. $15 games do not get print campaigns, TV ads, and rarely even get banner ads on websites, from any publisher. They depend on word of mouth, which this seems to be getting a lot of, and deservedly so.

Had the game even been mentioned on the dash? Honestly I'd kinda forgotten about it after the surprise drop at TGS (where $15 with no real information and no demo meant 'wait and see' for me).

I'll check out the GB QL tonight, if I like what I see maybe I'll see about picking up to play through Sunday afternoon.

Note: Nice to see someone impassioned about a game though, I'll be honest, that almost swayed me to buy it sight unseen.

Kasper

If this game reaches PC or PlayStation at some point, then I'll buy it for sure. It looks right up my alley, but it's not enough to make me rush out and get an Xbox One.

Duxxy3

I think 'no marketing' is unfair. The surprise release did it no favors, but this is not atypical, especially not for a niche release. In fact, it's gotten a lot more marketing than most $15 games get. It got time at E3, multiple trailers, and is currently in a featured position on the Xbox One dashboard.

That's literally as good as those games get. $15 games do not get print campaigns, TV ads, or banner ads on websites, from any publisher.

Shovel Knight got an enormous amount of coverage leading up to its release. It had a set date, pre-orders in place, and twitch streamers providing early level casts. There was nothing from D4, you couldn't even stream the game from the XB1. There was no build up from anybody. It was just released on some random Friday with only a day of notice.

Hip Hop

Was looking forward to buying this game too and not even into Japanese games like that.

edit: too late for my tag. ill do my part in the future if I can

Top Bottom