• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo lll: Ultimate Edition digital download is 62.7gb [in EU, 26.1 GB in US]

DieH@rd

Banned
nzaboc.png

From my PC, with no expansion installed.

kanuuna

Just checked my Diablo III folder. With the expansion installed, it's just a little shy of 15gb large.

Lossless audio could contribute to that, assuming they're trying to get as much out of that blu-ray capacity as possible.
Those cinematics in particular might weigh a bit (5.1 lossless mix and blu-ray quality video).

Pimpbaa

Goddamnit, that will take me 2 whole hours to download! lol. I really don't think the game will actually be that big when it it's released. Must be some misinformation given to sony from blizzard or activision. That's bigger than a blu-ray disc plus it isn't that big on PC.

jbug617

Banned
Would it be possible to download the game via disc (Gamefly, borrowing a copy) and unlock it by buying it in the PSN store without downloading it again?

Pooya

CG is encoded horribly in the PC ver. like really bad and only 720p I think. Maybe they're actually 1080p with decent bitrate now but even then it wouldn't be this large even with bluray movie level bitrate. There is not that much.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is the shitty dialogue worth 61,7gb?

jwk94

Would it be possible to download the game via disc (Gamefly, borrowing a copy) and unlock it by buying it in the PSN store without downloading it again?
Nope! You can do it on XB1 but not ps4.tbag would have been so convenient though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
dat FLAC quality

im OK with this but i don't have any data caps (yet... im sure congress will fix that for us americans)

Guymelef

I'm glad I bought a 2TB HDD...
Also as some pointed, must be a mistake, 62.7 doesn't fit in a standard Blu-Ray.

SerTapTap

Either that's a typo on EU or audio really is uncompressed--maybe more languages, but I can't imagine compressed audio for <10 languages adding up to that much extra.

Top Bottom