• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo lll: Ultimate Edition digital download is 62.7gb [in EU, 26.1 GB in US]

Santar

The file size is incorrect.
Blizzard have confirmed to eurogamer that the file size listed on psn is inaccurate.
When questioned why it was so large, A Blizzard representative e-mailed us to explain that size Sony listed isn't correct.

"I need to let you know that the file size as listed is inaccurate, " the developer said. "We'll be working towards finding the correct file sizes for you soon."

Soruce: Eurogamer

The wording seems a little odd, hopefully it's not just off by a couple bytes :p

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
On a related note-

If I want to transfer my X360 D3 save to the new Blizzard cloud thing, do I need XBL Gold? Or can I do it through Silver?

yamo

I just want to add that I don't really mind big game downloads if it is all content that is useful to me. Give me high res textures, loss-less audio etc etc and I won't mind downloading huge file sizes.

I do however mind downloading over 30gb extra localized audio files that I don't have any use for. I also don't approve of giving up over 30gb of extra hard drive space for game installs either.

Hopefully the size is a typo as mentioned in above posts.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So... when does the pre download starts? Just pre ordered on PS4

bombshell

Eurogamer update:

UPDATE 2 13/08/2014 4.24pm: Blizzard has confirmed the inaccuracy of the Sony listing to Eurogamer and provided us with file sizes for the European PlayStation Store version of Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4. An installation of the game with audio in a single language will only occupy around 16GB of space.

A Blizzard spokesperson provided the following statement:

"The original Sony listing is an error - the actual size of the game client which is also comprised of the language files for the game in English, French, German and Italian, is 37.8 GB.

"When players actually download the game they will get the game and the language file of their choice, which will come in at around 16GB."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-11-diablo-3-download-install-sizes-are-much-higher-on-ps4

Navy Bean

I'm sure this has been asked but the Blizzard website is confusing: So, to transfer my X360 stats, I have to set it back up and put in the game, download an update, and then export the save file. And that's it? Just boot up the new game and it recognizes everything?

Top Bottom