• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo lll: Ultimate Edition digital download is 62.7gb [in EU, 26.1 GB in US]

Trojan

I'm glad I bumped up my internet speed tier before current gen...these file sizes are only going to get bigger

Um...can I get a "Diet" UEE? Like, without any cutscenes at all and only the English/local dub?

Question, how many times are you really going to look at them? Once? Twice?

Yoday

That has to be a typo. There isn't anywhere near enough voice work in Diablo 3 to warrant multiple language packs taking up nearly 40GB.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, 62 is just 26 backwards. Definitely a typo.

ethomaz

Banned
That has to be a typo. There isn't anywhere near enough voice work in Diablo 3 to warrant multiple language packs taking up nearly 40GB.
It is not a typo... it is languages.

PC: 1 Language (download the new one if you change)
US: 3 Languages
EU: 9 Languages

Each language have ~5GB... some more other less... Spanish is ~7GB for example.

Edit - The Spanish version have 58GB... one language less but I don't know which one.

Yoday

It is not a typo... it is languages.

PC: 1 Language (download the new one if you change)
US: 3 Languages
EU: 9 Languages

Each language have ~5GB... some more other less... Spanish is ~7GB for example.

Edit - The Spanish version have 58GB... one language less but I don't know which one.
Well then I stand corrected. That is just crazy. It seems really shitty to force people to download nine languages of audio, especially if it is taking up that much space.

Stupid Sony and their stupid EU version treatment. I have switched to US account for buying games now. Better deals, cheaper games (for Indians) and less download sizes.

yamo

Stupid Sony and their stupid EU version treatment. I have switched to US account for buying games now. Better deals, cheaper games (for Indians) and less download sizes.

Seriously considering to start purchasing my games on my US account as well. Cheaper and no need for stupid local content I don't need.

Paganmoon

Why the need for uncompressed audio at all? would it cost to much in license fees to get lossless DTS HD MA track on there?

This has bothered me a lot with more and more games coming out with uncompressed audio, is it just a licensing question (the price being too high), or is there some other reason they aren't using lossless compression?

And as an aside, if they use DTS HD MA, and you're receiver doesn't support it, there is a DTS Core track within the sound stream anyway, so no problem there.

Bittercup

[...]This has bothered me a lot with more and more games coming out with uncompressed audio[...]
Which games use uncompressed audio? The only recent game I know is Titanfall on PC. If I remember correctly they did this to lower the CPU requirements.
Diablo 3 doesn't use uncompressed audio it just has multiple language versions included.

The game sizes this gen so far are a shame.

Yeah. What is taking up all that space? Textures? I don't think so. Audio? I don't think so. Pre-rendered movies? Maybe. So why don't they just use real time cutscenes and significantly reduce the ridiculous sizes of these games.

MMaRsu

Banned
Just saw this on the PlayStation store.

20140808193049zlk1v.jpg

62.7gb

I've only played the demo on ps3, what would warrant such a download size?

Crazy file size.

60 quid for digital? Urgh

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Because installing from a disc is a lot quicker than downloading again. Even if you install a 2tb hdd, you're still going to be running low on space before the gen is out and you'll end up having to delete games to make room. Having to download such a massive file again might stop me from randomly getting back into an old game.

Upgrading their HDD alone is going to make a lot of people regret buying digital.
You can't just transfer everything from your old HDD onto the new one. You need to either install your games from disc or download them again.

And I wasn't buying digital, but if I were that Target triple trade-in deal a while back would have made me stop.

Seagate Backup plus 2TB. Buy it, rip it out, stick it in. This shit with sizes won't stop and I for one like to have a big library of games handy.

You all digital guys are going to need a lot more TBs this gen.

So will guys buying discs since games have to install to the drive. Only difference is it's much easier to re-install.

Ubersnug

You can't just transfer everything from your old HDD onto the new one. You need to either install your games from disc or download them again.

It's one small, saving grave that the Xone can copy downloaded games to any properly configured external drive you connect.

Paz

Platform holders should take a bigger cut of your sales if your game is offensively large / clogs peoples hard drives for no reason, plus in countries like mine we have data caps and slow download rates...

62.7GB is nuts.

Striek

Really? Da fuck.

PS3 had the ability to essentially image your current HDD and reinstall on a new one from the get-go.

LkPr

How much is the graphical difference between PS3 and PS4 versions? There's nearly £20 between them :s

Plus there's not only the graphical difference - they have only confirmed new patches (to match the PC game) will be released on PS4/Xbone, no mention of PS3/360.

Top Bottom