• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo lll: Ultimate Edition digital download is 62.7gb [in EU, 26.1 GB in US]

Bsigg12

So are they doing the Titanfall PC thing and bundling all language options in with the digital version of the game regardless of where you live?

LiK

So are they doing the Titanfall PC thing and bundling all language options in with the digital version of the game regardless of where you live?

Sounds plausible. Why don't they do language packs as separate downloads instead?

dab0ne

Just takes too long for me to download. My steam account tops out at 400kbs. One more reason to stay physical this gen.

Lionheart

Comments on the EU blog suggest the following (link):

bsolar17 said:
I have the store set to Italian and I noticed that there are different packages added to the Auto-Download queue after the pre-order. One seems to be the main game:

~20.5GB: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition

There is also an additional very large package:

~37.8GB: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition (Italian).

Both are described as “game”.

I guess that the second, very large package containst the European Localization: I talked with a Blizzard representative and he stated the console version comes with all European languages available.

Also:

Pikmin_GER said:
In my download queue is only the 37,8 GB file and 1.1 MB Shoulders (german store)

Perhaps 37.8 GB is the actual size with all languages included? I'd hope so. ;)

ZangBa

Holy hell, what were they thinking? My data cap is getting murdered this month. At least my ISP only tries to up-sell people who go beyond it, I feel bad for those that get criminally overcharged.

KarmaCow

Really, no one thought that almost tripling the size of the game for languages the user will never hear was a bad idea? It's bad enough the game is twice the size on PC for presumably uncompressed audio.

Jolkien

Is that even possible on PSN and XBL? I guess maybe as some sort of free DLC, but still would be too complicated for many people.

It's possible. On PS3 we could download the japaneese voice over for Lightning Return. So we know that it's doable.

theRizzle

The filesize on the store is always double what you actually download isn't it?

They're saying that's the HDD space required to install, since while it is installing you effectively have two copies on your HD at once.

Dark_castle

ZVua6.gif

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
It's amazing how many people don't get this. You aren't saving space by buying discs.

Because installing from a disc is a lot quicker than downloading again. Even if you install a 2tb hdd, you're still going to be running low on space before the gen is out and you'll end up having to delete games to make room. Having to download such a massive file again might stop me from randomly getting back into an old game.

Gestault

Yeah NO. I'll be happy to avoid any digital purchases this generation that have files on this scale. I'm sure I'll shift over time, but I can't help but balk at this right now. Particularly compared to the size of the PC version.

Orayn

The 20/28GB size showing up for other people is roughly in line with the PC version, so maybe this is multi-language voice acting? I didn't know if Diablo III had it or not.

Either way, not worth it. So much of the dialogue in D3 is total crap.

george_us

Well damn. Might have to look into getting a 2TB HDD for my PS4 soon.

Edit: Seems this might be only for the EU version.

Tu101uk

So the lesson for today? If you live in Europe you should upgrade the hard drive in your console as soon as possible, the stock ones won't last the whole generation...

(That's what I'm doing when I get my white PS4 with Destiny next month, I'm not even sure the 1TB I bought for it will be enough...)

RulkezX

It's the combined size of the English NA version and the Multi language EU version.

No one will have to download 60GB

CozMick

Banned
it said 28GB for me when I pre-ordered last on the U.S. PS Store.

The general consensus is that its either a typo or we have a shit ton of additional language files, which is quite common in Europeans versions.

Call of duty does it but separates them for smaller download sizes.

wicko

Those might just be recommended free space (and in this case probably a mistake as well). Downloaded TLOU Remastered, which claimed 40+ GB, ended up being 12GB for the SP. It didn't say how big the DLC and MP was but I doubt that was 28GB+.

erawsd

Compress your fucking audio jeesuz fucking christ.

Yeah, game sizes are getting out of hand. this is just sucking up our bandwidth and drive space for no benefit at all. The overwhelming majority of folks can't even tell the difference between compressed and uncompressed audio unless you're an audiophile with a $10,000 setup in perfect environmental conditions.

netguy503

Those might just be recommended free space (and in this case probably a mistake as well). Downloaded TLOU Remastered, which claimed 40+ GB, ended up being 12GB for the SP. It didn't say how big the DLC and MP was but I doubt that was 28GB+.

I looked at my storage usage on PS4. TLOU is 47-48 GB if I remember correctly (NA version).

I have physical and TLOU:R took up 45 GBs on my HDD...

Top Bottom