• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

will be playing my first Ninja Gaiden game very shortly.

thank you PS+

and now that my ps+ is ending i'll resub for a year and get those 3 free extra months included.

i just need 32cards to go down to 60$ just once. :(

zulux21

will be playing my first Ninja Gaiden game very shortly.

thank you PS+

and now that my ps+ is ending i'll resub for a year and get those 3 free extra months included.

i just need 32cards to go down to 60$ just once. :(

I believe you mean once again, as they have been down to $60 before :p

ZeroAKA

US PS+ redeemed. I've never played any of the Ninja Gaiden games, but I have always been interested in them.

Edit: Sweet, it'll be free starting tomorrow. :D

I believe you mean once again, as they have been down to $60 before :p

don't remind me

i missed it at that time.. in fact i had it sitting in my cart... but it was saying 80$ not 60. so i cancelled, but then i reread the promo and the extra 20$ was taken off at checkout or something... so when i tried again it was sold out. :(

btkadams

awesome! i was really wanting to play ninja gaiden but was going to wait for it to go on sale. i think free is a pretty decent pricepoint. can't wait!

i believe the answer to your question would be 9 games as 4 + 5 is 9, though I think most of the games worked via ps3 transfer so really it's just 9 to your second question :p

and at least NGS+ is more interesting to me than table top tanks, so I am happy enough. I don't think NGS+ was a game I was planning on buying anyways so I don't mind getting it, especially since it meets my retail requirement for me being ok with getting a retail game... it's actually more than $15 to buy physically lol.

Just a bit of counting here, though I'm not sure how accurate their list is... however, I know SCEA hasn't changed much for the PSP/PSOne compatibility lately, ever since that one huge update in the Fall shortly after the launch of PSOne compatibility.

The CAG list shows 25 PSOne and 62 or more PSP titles that are only viable on Vita via PS3 transfer.

The CAG list also shows at least 23 PSOne titles that are not compatible at all, including the 9 or so I'm still pissed off about (which work fine in EU and JP; hell, EU even got the Spyro games ported and released with a discount for their consumers after repeated requests. Has SCEA EVER done anything like that for us? Not that I'm aware of). There are also 19 incompatible PSP titles including the Motorstorm games that someone was asking about and other highly recommended titles that are on the stores in other regions such as Patapon 3.

Carl

A different topic I would like to hear your opinions about:

Why doesnt Sony give me the ability to purchase games that are in my PS Plus library? There are some games I really like and I want to support the developers by really buying it. Can't -.-

Sony could do much more money if they had a better service.

Why do you think? If you could simply buy all of the games that are keeping you tied into the service, you'd have no reason to want to continue your subscripiton. Sony wants you to think "I want to continue to play X, X, X, X and X game, so i'll buy another PS+ subscription". Not "I want to continue to play these games so i'll purchase them so i don't have to re-subscribe" :).

By the way, they do get a payoff from Sony for their game being free, so you are supporting the developer simply by downloading it for fre...

zulux21

Just a bit of counting here, though I'm not sure how accurate their list is... however, I know SCEA hasn't changed much for the PSP/PSOne compatibility lately, ever since that one huge update in the Fall shortly after the launch of PSOne compatibility.

The CAG list shows 25 PSOne and 62 or more PSP titles that are only viable on Vita via PS3 transfer.

The CAG list also shows at least 23 PSOne titles that are not compatible at all, including the 9 or so I'm still pissed off about (which work fine in EU and JP; hell, EU even got the Spyro games ported and released with a discount for their consumers after repeated requests. Has SCEA EVER done anything like that for us? Not that I'm aware of). There are also 19 incompatible PSP titles including the Motorstorm games that someone was asking about and other highly recommended titles that are on the stores in other regions such as Patapon 3.

that cag list is clearly out of date as

Disney’s Hercules
Disney’s Lilo & Stitch
Disney’s Peter Pan: Return to Neverland
Disney’s The Emperor’s New Groove
Disney’s the Little Mermaid
Disney Pixar A Bug’s Life (PS1 game)
Disney Pixar Toy Story 2 (PS1 game)
Disney Pixar Toy Story Racer (PS1 game)
Disney Pixar Monsters Inc. Scream Team (PS1 game)

were the games I was mentioning when i said 9 were added and none of those say they are available on the vita. in fact lilo was listed as not working at all so that is one that works now that didn't.

i expect sony to update their compatibilty list in large chunks, not smaller increments.

they really have most of the games already so i'm sure its not high on their priority list.

sony really does seem to be getting ready for a blockbuster year in all areas though...

Tomodachi

Has anyone had the chance to try the headphones that came when preordering Vita (not sure if they were a worldwide thing, but I'm sure they were obtainable in Europe)? Are they decent? I really like how they look and an italian private seller on amazon is selling them for 20€ including shipping fees. What do you guys think? I already have in-ear headphones for my Vita but I don't like how they sound and fit my ears at all (Creative something something).

12-PS-Vita-headphones.jpg

Tomodachi

that cag list is clearly out of date as

Disney’s Hercules
Disney’s Lilo & Stitch
Disney’s Peter Pan: Return to Neverland
Disney’s The Emperor’s New Groove
Disney’s the Little Mermaid
Disney Pixar A Bug’s Life (PS1 game)
Disney Pixar Toy Story 2 (PS1 game)
Disney Pixar Toy Story Racer (PS1 game)
Disney Pixar Monsters Inc. Scream Team (PS1 game)

were the games I was mentioning when i said 9 were added and none of those say they are available on the vita. in fact lilo was listed as not working at all so that is one that works now that didn't.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488789
Should be very up to date.

Many titles are added to the vita storefront silently btw, see Ridge Racer 4 which I found out about accidentally.

EDIT: woops sorry double post!

Carl

Has anyone had the chance to try the headphones that came when preordering Vita (not sure if they were a worldwide thing, but I'm sure they were obtainable in Europe)? Are they decent? I really like how they look and an italian private seller on amazon is selling them for 20€ including shipping fees. What do you guys think? I already have in-ear headphones for my Vita but I don't like how they sound and fit my ears at all (Creative something something).

I use mine. They're pretty decent yeah, never noticed any problem with them. 20 Euros for something he got for free seems a bit steep though :/

12-PS-Vita-headphones.jpg
I'm sure you can get much better ones for that price.

zulux21

Oh wow, Ninja Gaiden and Lumines free? My 32GB card is crying. Ill have something like 8GBs left after those two....

ninja gaiden is NA only
lumines is EU only just to be clear as a single 32gb card won't support the two different accounts needed very nicely.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488789
Should be very up to date.

Many titles are added to the vita storefront silently btw, see Ridge Racer 4 which I found out about accidentally.

EDIT: woops sorry double post!

I expect them to continue slowly trickling them out. though it is a little sad crash and spyro don't work given long time ps+ users have all of them :/ (same with ff5)

Not a bad update for NA ps+

Wish stranger's wrath would have gotten a sale like a few people (including me) have speculated.

Anyone know if madden for vita is any good? Might be worth a shot at $20

Tomodachi

I use mine. They're pretty decent yeah, never noticed any problem with them. 20 Euros for something he got for free seems a bit steep though :/

I'm sure you can get much better ones for that price.

You both have a point. I think I'll look somewhere else, they look really good but there's probably better quality for that price :( Thanks for bringing me back to planet Earth (DAT ps logo though...)

wasnt there a game, that wasnt compatible, and someone from here tweeted them about it and like later that day/week the game went up...correct me if im wrong - it was a castlevania game?

Oh wow, Ninja Gaiden and Lumines free? My 32GB card is crying. Ill have something like 8GBs left after those two....

Why do people keep thinking they're getting both NGS+ and Lumines?

You're getting one or the other unless you have both EU and NA PS+ and like the switch accounts on your Vita.

wasnt there a game, that wasnt compatible, and someone from here tweeted them about it and like later that day/week the game went up...correct me if im wrong - it was a castlevania game?

Yes. Another case of the EU guys giving a damn.

Not a bad update for NA ps+

Wish stranger's wrath would have gotten a sale like a few people (including me) have speculated.

Anyone know if madden for vita is any good? Might be worth a shot at $20

Stranger's Wrath is supposed to be getting a 25% off sale soon, period. Not a PS+ only sale. An across the board sale.

I wish NA got Lumines since I always have NGS+. Nonetheless, a surprisingly good update this month.

For all the new NGS+ players, change the screen settings before you even touch the campaign - adjust the gamma to 1.1, the brightness to 0.0, and the contrast to 1.1.

Thank me later.

I wish NA got Lumines since I always have NGS+. Nonetheless, a surprisingly good update this month.

For all the new NGS+ players, change the screen settings before you even touch the campaign - adjust the gamma to 1.1, the brightness to 0.0, and the contrast to 1.1.

Thank me later.

good to know thanks

anyone know gb size of NGS ?

Twinduct

Yo buds, can I use my paypal account that's not based in the US to fund my wallet on my US account?

Just tried and it said that transaction is processing ... so either it's shit slow or it'll be declined right?

If not, what's my next option?

kiyomi

Yo buds, can I use my paypal account that's not based in the US to fund my wallet on my US account?

Just tried and it said that transaction is processing ... so either it's shit slow or it'll be declined right?

If not, what's my next option?

You buy a US PSN card somewhere. I'd be surprised if it PayPal works - I'm sure there have been discussions here before that have said you can't do it because Sony.

Massa

^ Yes.

I'm so glad NGS is joining the IGC, that was the number 1 game on my wanted list for the Vita.

Disappointed about the Madden discount, for some reason I thought from the way they talked about it on the blogcast that it was going to be 75%. :( Oh well.

Twinduct

You buy a US PSN card somewhere. I'd be surprised if it PayPal works - I'm sure there have been discussions here before that have said you can't do it because Sony.

Figured, oh well.
So guess my second question would be where EU Vitabros (muffins) buy their US cards from.

kiyomi

Figured, oh well.
So guess my second question would be where EU Vitabros (muffins) buy their US cards from.

Well, I bought the only one I've ever needed from eBay, lol. Seemed a little sketchy but it worked out fine. I wouldn't really recommend doing that, though.

You can get a $20 card off PA for £18 (dunno where in EU you are). You're probably always going to be paying a markup on these things. Believe you can get them from US Amazon as well, but I've never done or checked. We're talking being sent codes here, rather than the actual, physical card (I'm sure you already realised that but I just needed to say it. :p)

Twinduct

most people I know get their psn cards through amazon.com

Assume they don't check your billing address against your provider then.
Thanks gonna try.

Getting PS+ on the US store ... best of both worlds .. and foosball I guess.

Well, I bought the only one I've ever needed from eBay, lol. Seemed a little sketchy but it worked out fine. I wouldn't really recommend doing that, though.

You can get a $20 card off PA for £18 (dunno where in EU you are). You're probably always going to be paying a markup on these things. Believe you can get them from US Amazon as well, but I've never done or checked. We're talking being sent codes here, rather than the actual, physical card.

Yeah the usual markup BS. got screwed twice with dealing with physical trades so yeah not gonna touch that again heh. Will find a venue one day!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cool, never played Ninja Gaiden before; how is it?

The game itself? Pinnacle of the action genre. Devil May Cry (NOT Donte must Cry: DmC) is it's sire/prince and Bayonetta is it's princess while Metal Gear Raiden: Revengence seems to be coming in as the Queen or possible second cousin.

God of War is the peasants.

Why do you think? If you could simply buy all of the games that are keeping you tied into the service, you'd have no reason to want to continue your subscripiton. Sony wants you to think "I want to continue to play X, X, X, X and X game, so i'll buy another PS+ subscription". Not "I want to continue to play these games so i'll purchase them so i don't have to re-subscribe" :).

Too bad for them I'm thinking "Sony doesn't give anything to either platform worth a damn except maybe one game every four months, so I'll just buy those on the sale (even if I don't get the 50% the rental service dudes get) next time they go on sale and forgo wishing Sony would release shit I give a damn about on the rental service."

But hey, trying the trainwreck port of NG1S is a decent thing, now I can see how bad they ported it for free. Can't knock that.

Cool, never played Ninja Gaiden before; how is it?

It's insanely, retardedly hard. If you don't like a challenge, never play it. It's only worth playing on normal difficulty and up btw, otherwise you're not really experiencing the brutal, soul crushing difficulty the game has. I played several chapters on PS3 and gave up so I could wait for the inevitable trophy patch/version.

I didn't want to buy this one on principle because of their refusal to patch the original Sigma on PS3. Really happy it's coming now for free. Anyone know how big it is digitally?

Hooray, I'm finally getting something from PS+ for the first time in months.

Same, all the previous free stuff I bought day 1. I'm glad others can play them, they're all great games but I wish there was more variety.

Has anyone had the chance to try the headphones that came when preordering Vita (not sure if they were a worldwide thing, but I'm sure they were obtainable in Europe)? Are they decent?

I bought the black ones since the blue ones were a Europe preorder only thing. They're great, they're my main set of headphones now and they have a great balance but they can put out some bass. I still wish I could've gotten the blue ones~

The game itself? Pinnacle of the action genre. Devil May Cry (NOT Donte must Cry: DmC) is it's sire/prince and Bayonetta is it's princess while Metal Gear Raiden: Revengence seems to be coming in as the Queen or possible second cousin.

God of War is the peasants.
Does that include NG3? Also GoW is better than peasants.

Ninja Gaiden (xbox) used to be my favorited most bestest game ever, but then I became aquainted Armored Core 4, then Demon's Souls.

Ninja Gaiden 3, I thought was a step backwards, but the sigmas definitely look like an upgrade

zulux21

Assume they don't check your billing address against your provider then.
Thanks gonna try.

Getting PS+ on the US store ... best of both worlds .. and foosball I guess.

Yeah the usual markup BS. got screwed twice with dealing with physical trades so yeah not gonna touch that again heh. Will find a venue one day!

if you ask most people they like EU plus better :p I personally prefer NA plus but I seem to be in the minority lol

as for amazon.com, I believe you will need a US address but beyond that i don't believe they compare that to your billing info on your card. someone else could explain better either way make sure you buy the online code and not the code that will be shipped out.

Top Bottom