• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

I've always wanted to play Panzer Dragoon Saga, but I had already sold my Sega Saturn and moved on to N64 and PSX back in the day. (I just realized people type PS1 instead of PSX these days)

Would the gameplay still hold up well today?

If so, I hope Sega does a HD remake one day.

Vans

Probably my mint condition Tactics Ogre for PSX, or maybe Dracula X for SNES.

I also have a Metal Slug 4 MVS cart, but that's an arcade game. :p

Rikkun

Only an italian copy of Tales of Symphonia, the distributor made a mess because they had like 1/4 of the copies they needed to sell so they mixed the localized copies with standard english copies. I guess they were the same on the outside, and nobody knew anything at dayone, so it's been luck.

I also have Pikmin2, but I wouldn't consider it 'rare'

Giard

I guess Final Fantasy Tactics and Castlevania:SOTN on PSX, black label. But they're in terrible condition because I was an ignorant child. ._.

jan0905.jpg

Lowest price right now on ebay is $140.

I don't think I have anything super rare or expensive (probably nothing that couldn't be found for relatively decent prices on eBay, but not easily accessible in stores anyway).

Gamecube

OoT/Master Quest
Resident Evil Code Veronica X (possibly REmake and Zero as well)
Resident Evil 4 Collector's Edition
Possibly Eternal Darkness and Killer 7

DS

Dementium 2

PS2

Fatal Frame 2 (took me quite awhile to find)
Clock Tower 3

N64

Gold Majora's Mask (maybe?)

NES

I know Bubble Bobble can be sometimes hard to find.
I think Mario is Missing, Mickey Mousecapade, and Adventures in the Magic Kingdom are too.

I also have the Resident Evil Archives book (which is apparently, according to Amazon.com quite costly), Japanese Team Rocket figures, and the Impa and Zelda OoT figures. They are probably the rarest gaming-related things I own.

EDIT: and the Art of Final Fantasy IX book

Einhander

Space Griffon VF-9 for PS1, I suppose. I consider it to be an underrated gem. It was a first person perspective mech shooter/survival horror game.

ChuyMasta

Nothing really. I just have a bunch of Wii games that nobody bought:

Deadly Creatures
A boy and his blob
King of Fighters Orochi collection
Little King Story
Fragile Dreams
Dawn of Discovery

Esura

Banned
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier on the DS is the rarest game I own.

I know no one in a 100 mile radius that owns this or even heard of it. Hell, I can barely find people online talking about it. I remember just stumbling upon it brand new at my local Gamestop when I first got my DS and they said it was on the shelf for ages with no one buying the only copy they had. It looked cool and very anime so I wanted it.

Gaspode_T

I wonder who is the guy that bought my New In Box still shrinkwrapped Turbo Duo that I sold off to help fund a marriage, what he did with it and what condition it is in today (yes it was a stupid idea, yes I regret it, no I didn't have a choice about it at the time)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I wouldn't call anything in my collection super rare, but bizarre oddities and WTF purchases.

Gameboy
Bomberman Max Red Challenger

SNES
Act Raiser

PS1
Monster Seed (which I'm not sure I ever really understood growing up)
Jade Cocoon (see Monster Seed)
RPG Maker

N64
Space Station Silicon Valley
Harvest Moon 64
Hybrid Heaven
Pokemon Snap
Mischief Makers

I have a good number of 64 games that I've collected, but nothing else too crazy.

I'm always unsure of these because prices fluctuate so much.

In terms of things I'm proud to own (partly because they are rare, or at least, harder to find).

2 copies of ICO for PS2
Breath of Fire 1 (SNES, with everything but the box)
Breath of Fire 1 + 2 on GBA (hard to come across)
Breath of Fire 3 + 4 on PS (somewhat rare, and the price jumped a bit in recent years)
Indigo Prophecy for PS2
Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2
Grim Fandango for PC (nearly mint)
Metal Gear Solid 2 for PC (not super rare, but not that easy to find, and at minimum $30)

and well, I have more, but again, nothing super rare.

skullwolfgp

Neo Member
Probably Clayfighter 63 1/3 Sculptors Cut. Goes for like $50-100 on eBay.

Actually had no idea it was worth anything till just now.

Other weird stuff:

FC/NES
Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (JPN version River City Ransom)

SFC/SNES
Super Gameboy 2

GB
Pocket Monsters Red (complete)
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

N64
4 first party controllers in good condition (lol)
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Goemon's Great Adventure

PSX
Hogs Of War

SpacLock

I don't know if any of these are rare, but...

Super Metroid
EarthBound (opened, but complete with guide)
2 Zelda NES Gold cartridges
Garou: Mark of The Wolves for Dreamcast

Yeah, nothing too special.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, I think. I suppose Radiant Historia now too, although I'm guessing that'll get a reprint soon enough.

I had a ton of rare Saturn and Dreamcast games at one point. PD Saga, Radiant Silvergun, LE versions of various shmups, etc. Sold off everything. No regrets though.

Cardshark950

Neo Member
My rarest game is definitely Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn. I've seen copies of it sell for over £100 on ebay. It's one of my favorite games, so I don't think I would ever sell my copy.

Paches

snesrpgs.jpg

FF3 is my rarest (and crown jewel of my collection), but I still hold dear Super Mario RPG and yes, even the B Grade shit house that was Secret of the Stars!

fernoca

I'm not a collector, so no biggies in my case. Yet, still have this:

tmqv0.jpg

Metroid Prime Trilogy was always hard to find, even worse when used prices at Gamestop had it for $60 a few months later. Found one at a Sears for $10. :)

In the case of Super Mario Bros on GBA; I always wanted own of those since I really liked the japanese packaging of the Classic NES series; so..got that one.

Is Robot Alchemic Drive for PS2 considered rare? God I love that game.

Other than that, I saw someone else post FF3 and SMRPG earlier, so those too I guess.

stupei

I own Earthbound with the manual, Suikoden 2, and a currently unopened copy of (the limited reprint of) Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

The first two were purchased at the time of release, and Persona 2 I won in a contest just before the release of Persona 4. Haven't opened it yet because I was waiting to play Innocent Sin first. Now I'm kind of hoping it gets a portable remake as well and it'll remain the only unopened game in my collection.

I have all the Saturn rarities... Panzer Saga, Dragon Force, Steep Slope Sliders, Burning Rangers, etc. As well as some Sega CD ones. I also believe I have the whole virtual boy catalog, but I need to bust them out and find out for sure one of these days. I do have a VB unit on display and ready to fire up when people come over.

But one cool thing that I have, and I'm not sure show rare it is, is a sealed copy of Night Trap... the CD+32x version. It still has a clearance sticker on it for 50 cents.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Holy long-term memory flashback batman! I don't think I've seen anyone mention this game or even had it enter my stream of consciousness for the last 8 or so years.

Me neither. Bought it when it was new, has been in a box ever since. Didn't even try it.

Top Bottom