• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice PC performance thread

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

(Click for general game info.)

System requirements:
hellbladesysreqshvsry.jpg

Latest drivers: (as at 21/12/2017)
Nvidia: 388.71
AMD: 17.12.2
Intel: Depends on your processor; download the driver update utility

Benchmarks:
GameGPU (Russian; launch build)
PC Games Hardware (German; launch build)
TechPowerUp (English; launch build)

Tips and tricks:
Cap the framerate/potentially improve frametimes: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server, input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit enter (the program comes bundled with MSI Afterburner and earlier versions of EVGA PrecisionX). Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU have the option of Nvidia Inspector, which can also be used to impose a framerate cap, either in a similar manner to RTSS or by way of forcing a different vsync interval (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if you your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frametimes. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower framerate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Stop the game from crashing after 15 minutes on touch-capable systems running Windows 10: Open the task manager, switch to the Services tab and disable TabletInputService.
Skip intro videos: Navigate to SteamApps\common\Hellblade\HellbladeGame\Content\Movies and rename the following files: LoadingScreen.bik, NinjaTheory_Logo.bik, ThirdParty_Logo.bik and UE4_Logo.bik.
Disable chromatic aberration and/or film grain: Follow the instructions here. (Credit to Rayge.)
Note: r.SceneColorFringeQuality controls the former and r.Tonemapper.Quality the latter.
Use a higher-than-native custom resolution: Set your desired resolution as your desktop resolution and change the in-game display mode to windowed fullscreen. (Credit to jim2point0.)
Alternative free-form camera system for photo mode: Download the Hellblade version of the Injectable Generic Camera System. See the included readme for usage instructions. (Credit to OtisInf.)
Disable camera auto-centring: Use this Cheat Engine table. See the third post of the thread for installation instructions. (Credit to Cielos @ FearLess Revolution via Raticus79.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to mention my username as this way the post will appear among the results when I search for my username after an absence. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

Graphics settings:

Display mode: Windowed; Fullscreen; Windowed fullscreen
Quality (preset): Low; Medium; High; Very High
Foliage: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Post-processing: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Shadows: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Textures: Low; Medium; High; Very High
View distance: Low; Medium; High; Very High
View effects: Low; Medium; High; Very High
V-sync: Off/On

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Had no idea this was coming out today. Eagerly awaiting impressions before jumping in.

Momentary

Banned
Fullscreen ignores my downsampled resolutions. I select 4K but it defaults to 1440p even though the menu shows otherwise.

Is it just me, or are those minimum specs just downright silly?

They are definitely either over inflated, or the game is not optimised. I hope it's the former. Requiring a GTX 680 hardware for 720p/30 fps is really crazy consider the current generation consoles.

Momentary

Banned
It starts out at 4K during the openings, but it reverts back to 1440p when the main menu screen pops up. Windowed Fullscreen works just fine, but it causes my OBS recordings to stutter super bad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think we need to pool our money and buy JaseC a 21:9 monitor just so we can start getting this info right off the bat since she/he makes these threads often enough.

Haha, having a 21:9 monitor would mean putting up with games that don't properly support it. I stuck with my 16:10 monitor for so long for much the same reason. Maybe I'll move to 21:9 some time next decade. ;)

Momentary

Banned
Titan Xp overclocked on water with a i7 6850K and it's 50-55FPS. Something isn't right here. Might be because I can't run this at 4K in exclusive fullscreen.

Edit: Actually I don't think I could run this game maxed at 4K even if it was exclusive fullscreen. It's running at around 90FPS at 1440p maxed. Seems like you need to have a dual GPU setup to run this game at 60FPS with all the bells and whistles.

Runs at 60 fps with mild stutters on my GTX 1060 6GB, i7 4790k at stock.
Stutters might be due to it running off an external though because the game has no loading screens after the initial load.

Titan Xp overclocked on water with a i7 6850K and it's 50-55FPS. Something isn't right here. Might be because I can't run this at 4K in exclusive fullscreen.

Ok, disregard my comment. Yea, I didn't realize the resolution isn't working properly. Turns out I was running at 1440p.. but 90-100fps, which is nice. I honestly couldn't tell the difference because there's so many post processing effects.

I got it to take 4K in Windowed Fullscreen and yea my fps were 50-55fps. 150+ on the core 400+ on the mem.

Is framerate capped at 60? Or can it get fully unlocked?

It's unlocked.

Momentary

Banned
Ok, disregard my comment. Yea, I didn't realize the resolution isn't working properly. Turns out I was running at 1440p.. but 90-100fps, which is nice. I honestly couldn't tell the difference because there's so many post processing effects.

I got it to take 4K in Windowed Fullscreen and yea my fps were 50-55fps. 150+ on the core 400+ on the mem.

Yeah... the post processing works so well that I couldn't tell the difference either. Until I looked on OBS and the game only covered a fraction of the 4K canvas. The game's AA is damn amazing.

robotrock

Banned
970 + SSD running this at 1080p. Basically at the highest settings, although I was getting some stutter here and there. Dropped the draw distance to medium and it's been a mostly consistent 60fps.

Edit: this was only true for the first 30 minutes or so. Game feels pretty consistently close to 30 at most times at 1080p

didamangi

No rendering scale in the options? That's a bummer. I thought it was easy to implement in UE4? Even Tekken 7 has it.

Rewind

Getting about 100 fps at 1080p on a 6800k and 1080. Will drop to mid 80s during some scenes and go up to 120 during others.

Md Ray

I'd like to know PS4 Pro 60fps mode equivalent gfx settings, so I could start off from there and work my way up. It's a GTX 970/i5 PC.

leng jai

thx

doesnt look bad or anything, but nothing noteworthy. at this point i dont expect anything on ue4 to be memorable for visuals or performance

As long as it runs like Gears 4 then no complaints from me. This game is doing much more interesting things audio wise anyway.

KainXVIII

Foliage: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Post-processing: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Shadows: Low; Medium; High; Very High
Textures: Low; Medium; High; Very High
View distance: Low; Medium; High; Very High
View effects: Low; Medium; High; Very High
I hate this kind of option description =(

Top Bottom