• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The quotes between Maddon and Davey are freaking hilarious. I can't believe MLB hasn't told the two of them to shut the hell up already.

Joe is a genius. Going all scorched earth so everybody only talks about him and Davey. It's like people forgot that Peralta is a cheat already.

RBH

Update it!

Yes:

hot_dog_with_ketchup_poshports.jpg

New York Mets Starting Lineup:
1. Andres Torres – CF
2. Jordany Valdespin – 2B
3. David Wright – 3B
4. Scott Hairston – RF
5. Vinny Rottino – LF
6. Ike Davis – 1B
7. Justin Turner – SS
8. Mike Nickeas – C
9. Dillon Gee – RHP

Baltimore Orioles Starting Lineup:
1. Brian Roberts 2B
2. J.J. Hardy SS
3. Chris Davis RF
4. Adam Jones CF
5. Matt Wieters C
6. Nick Johnson 1B
7. Wilson Betemit 3B
8. Ryan Flaherty RF
9. Brian Matusz RHP

Holy fuck Wieters threw out Valdespin by 5 feet. What kind of jump did he get? And I'm a bit suprised he had a green light with 1 out and Wright up.

EDIT: Errrr Wright has one foot completely out of the batters' box.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
wtf, who plays a day game on a wednesday. i noticed it was 6:00 (cst), so i thought, oh time for the braves and then i check the score....at least the braves won. (lol yankees).

edit: and wtf is this ketchup doing in this thread?

What's the scouting report in this Archer brah?

Was just reading bout him.
"Four-Seam Fastball - For the record, he does throw a two-seam fastball, but there isn’t much movement on it and he doesn’t throw it much. He generally tops out at 95 mph, though I’ve seen reports of hitting 97 mph on occasion. He generally gets his best results working in the 92-94 mph range with excellent movement on the ball. This is a plus-plus pitch for Archer."

"Slider – Archer throws a hard slider, and when his command allows it, he throws it with great success. If he attacks batters with his fastball and sets them up for his 85 mph slider, its a pretty deadly combo. I would like to call it a plus-plus pitch, but he still needs to show better command to get ahead of hitters."

"Change-up – As with the two-seam fastball, Archer does offer a curveball from time to time, but his 3rd pitch is a work-in-progress change-up. It’s not very deceptive at this point and is a below average pitch. Developing this will be vital to his success in the big leagues."

"Mechanics - Archer himself admits that it all starts for him with balance on the pitching rubber. ”Where it starts is balance over the rubber,” Archer answered. “That’s more of a baseball term. Normal people at home probably wouldn’t understand, but balance over the rubber is where everything starts for me.” Lacking that consistent balance this year, Archer said he’s rushing his delivery and “just getting going too soon.” This was evident with the 80 walks in 134 1/3 innings pitched. He has a pretty fluid over the top motion that causes his fastball to sink, but there’s really no deception in it. His mechanics are pretty clean and he’s even worked with Dr. Donn T. Dimond, PT OCS who specializes in Pathophysiology and Mechanics of the Shoulder with Labs to decrease the risk of incidents of injuries."

yankeesfans4.gif

edit: who the hell wears a jersey with no undershirt?

My sister lives in Rhode Island and she said it was hot as fuck today. The game time temperature at Yankee Stadium was 95 degrees.

After the game, David Ross was talking about how awesome it was that Yankee Stadium had air conditioning in the dugouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom