• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

On PS4...

I got the 39.99 package, and have downloaded it fully as well as linked my epic account.

So, how do I upgrade to another PS4 package? I wanted to put 20 bucks in ps store credit towards getting the 60.00 package.

Tecnniqe

Banned
When you Piñata goes sugar daddy
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bDZzyUc.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DT7WGvy.jpg[/IMG]

alexbull_uk

On PS4...

I got the 39.99 package, and have downloaded it fully as well as linked my epic account.

So, how do I upgrade to another PS4 package? I wanted to put 20 bucks in ps store credit towards getting the 60.00 package.

The store tab on the main menu. I think it's the second to last.

Kaelan

On PS4...

Was wondering the same thing. I'd love to get that so I can give my friend a code or something.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Had to go an entire mission without ammo.

Don't have the mats to craft it.
What should I be farming for ammo mats?

EDIT: looks like the missing ingredient was wood. Didn't expect that to be used in ammo.

Thanks for the info/for checking!

Alright pal so you gotta do a few of the tutorial missions then when you open your first loot llamas you'll start to be given your founders items. In the founders items you'll see the friend code. Once that is all unlock if you hit options/start to the left of the menu you'll see friend codes! If this doesn't show up you'll have to restart. But once it is there you click it and go from there.

killroy87

Alright pal so you gotta do a few of the tutorial missions then when you open your first loot llamas you'll start to be given your founders items. In the founders items you'll see the friend code. Once that is all unlock if you hit options/start to the left of the menu you'll see friend codes! If this doesn't show up you'll have to restart. But once it is there you click it and go from there.

Figured it out, thanks!

I could think of at least a few ways that could be a smoother process lol. An emailed code, perhaps?

Really liking the game. Finally got into some missions with randoms though, and the lack of communication is a bit frustrating. I'll build walls or structures where I think I should go, and apparently some other schmuck doesn't deem those worthy, and just starts taking my shit down. As far as I can tell I don't get refunded my resources in situations like that, so I feel like that's a bit of a game design flaw.

Figured it out, thanks!

I could think of at least a few ways that could be a smoother process lol. An emailed code, perhaps?

Really liking the game. Finally got into some missions with randoms though, and the lack of communication is a bit frustrating. I'll build walls or structures where I think I should go, and apparently some other schmuck doesn't deem those worthy, and just starts taking my shit down. As far as I can tell I don't get refunded my resources in situations like that, so I feel like that's a bit of a game design flaw.

I'm really happy that the shooting mechanics are solid and on point. When I made the AR I immediately switched back to pistol to do headshots better!

I just got my friend code to a friend! So will see how it is! Feel free to add Caliaztec on PSN. I don't know how much I'll play this first week I'm spread pretty thin with games but having a few solid gaffers to fill a 4 man team seems would be ideal!

We should even maybe make a Gaf Fortnite Group

Grisby

Xbox version alright? How's the story stuff? Or is there a lot of just radio stuff where people are just talking to your character?

Xbox version alright? How's the story stuff? Or is there a lot of just radio stuff where people are just talking to your character?

XB1 has some lag but nothing to go crazy over. Pretty sure it's 900p 30fps, with some occasional dips. The game has cut scenes every now and then but it does have a lot of radio chatter. I like the game. Just wish it explained things better.

killroy87

Will the game eventually explain to me what survivors/defenders are, and how to use them?

Also, how to weapons work? Are they breakable? If they do break, are they gone for good?

If I find a schematic for a weapon I want to use, how do I go about crafting it?

This game is fucking littered with different little systems, and is incredibly poor at explaining all but the most basic of them.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Will the game eventually explain to me what survivors/defenders are, and how to use them?

Also, how to weapons work? Are they breakable? If they do break, are they gone for good?

If I find a schematic for a weapon I want to use, how do I go about crafting it?

This game is fucking littered with different little systems, and is incredibly poor at explaining all but the most basic of them.

Weapons do break. You can redraft them if you have the schematic. Craft from the schematic ingame from the inventory menu.

It isn't that complicated. But a lot of people gloss over the tooltips. Hell you had a mission that asked you to craft a weapon from a schematic already.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Iffy? It's 30fps right? Kinda worrying if it's iffy... anyone have any ideas if the Pro framerate is good or dips?

Pro appears to be higher than 1080p and mostly locked 30fps. I've noticed a couple dips.

Looks great on my 4k tv.

aerogod 2.0

Neo Member

The survivors are basically taking the place of gear like chest, arms, legs, etc. from other looting games. You collect them in varying rarities and slot them into the appropriate section and they give you stats and/or passive abilities. Each survivor has both a primary profession and a personality type and you get additional bonuses if they are all working in their correct section and with compatible personalities. IE, Put all the Medics in the medic bay and all the engineers in the engineer bay. You dont have to but you get a bigger bonus if you do.

Defenders are like turrets you can set up in your main base for the missions when it gets attacked. You have to build a "trap" that they stand on and give the ma weapon and ammo and they shoot stuff and help you.

Weapons break. Every weapon breaks. They cannot be repaired, but you find them mostly as a schematic so you have to build new ones when they break. You can only build thing IN A MISSION not in the main menus. Press "I" to open your inventory the weapons you have to equip are in the middle and the schematics you have are in a column to the left of that(this is also true for traps and all other items), click a schematic and hit the craft button assuming you have the materials.

killroy87

The survivors are basically taking the place of gear like chest, arms, legs, etc. from other looting games. You collect them in varying rarities and slot them into the appropriate section and they give you stats and/or passive abilities. Each survivor has both a primary profession and a personality type and you get additional bonuses if they are all working in their correct section and with compatible personalities. IE, Put all the Medics in the medic bay and all the engineers in the engineer bay. You dont have to but you get a bigger bonus if you do.

Defenders are like turrets you can set up in your main base for the missions when it gets attacked. You have to build a "trap" that they stand on and give the ma weapon and ammo and they shoot stuff and help you.

Weapons break. Every weapon breaks. They cannot be repaired, but you find them mostly as a schematic so you have to build new ones when they break. You can only build thing IN A MISSION not in the main menus. Press "I" to open your inventory the weapons you have to equip are in the middle and the schematics you have are in a column to the left of that(this is also true for traps and all other items), click a schematic and hit the craft button assuming you have the materials.

Thanks for the help!

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
So is this game any good? Barely hearing any chatter. How's it compare to Diablo 3 in regards to it being a good mindless podcast game with loot?

R0ckman

Was in a mission where we had to build this tower with a communicator on it made of bricks, I couldn't figure out how to carve certain shapes but the rest of the randoms did? Uh wtf?

Pat

Been playing a lot since this afternoon eith friends and this game has so many mechanics, it's ridiculous.

They basically mixed everything of all microtransactions games in one. It has lootboxes, cards, skill trees, expeditions over time (like Fallout Shelter), etc.

The interface is bad and takes a while to understand... But the game is really good other than that.

PS4 users add Caliaztec! I think I'm gonna look into making a GAF Fortnite PSN group! Have a buddy I played with most the evening but kinda Wanna get a solid amount of people to not have to pug 1-3... seems like having communication and a solid group plan will always be much less of a headache then pugs trying to do 4 different plans.

Anyone see that radio tower you have the option to build yet? What the fuck, I have no idea how to even begin to build that. I'm assuming there are skills later on that help.

J3ffro

Anyone see that radio tower you have the option to build yet? What the fuck, I have no idea how to even begin to build that. I'm assuming there are skills later on that help.

I did one a few minutes ago. It's confusing at first, especially the stairs, but if you look at the little chart each piece gives you, it shows you how to edit each component.

The stairs are different from other pieces, in that you select the direction, and you are locked into that direction. If you want to make a full wall into a partial wall, they don't care what order you remove the extra squares, but with stairs they do.

Unrelated: there's no way to check your inventory between missions, right? Like for crafting materials, I can't find any way to see what materials I have and don't in order to craft a new gun. I want to make sure I'm not missing something right in front of me.

R0ckman

I did one a few minutes ago. It's confusing at first, especially the stairs, but if you look at the little chart each piece gives you, it shows you how to edit each component.

The stairs are different from other pieces, in that you select the direction, and you are locked into that direction. If you want to make a full wall into a partial wall, they don't care what order you remove the extra squares, but with stairs they do.

Unrelated: there's no way to check your inventory between missions, right? Like for crafting materials, I can't find any way to see what materials I have and don't in order to craft a new gun. I want to make sure I'm not missing something right in front of me.

Your explanaition is even more confusing.

Picked this up on pc, finished the first four missions that I think was the tutorial? Anyways, I love the charm of the game.

Add me on Epics stupid launcher: SheriffofPaddys

EGOMON

Guys I need your help/input, the situation as follow:
Me and my brother are planning to buy the game so we decided i buy the deluxe edition and give him the friend key. The problem is that my PSN account is USA while his UK.
Can he uses the key from my version on his UK account?

How's the PS4 Pro version? Thinking of picking this up, kinda worried about population though.

The visuals are beautiful on PS4 Pro.

A Dev stated it runs on Epic settings @ 4k/30fps (downsampling unconfirmed but on my 1080p display the aliasing is nigh on eliminated)

Dips do happen when the husk hordes spawn in because the particle effects are absolutely insane but every where else is smooth.

Xater

The visuals are beautiful on PS4 Pro.

A Dev stated it runs on Epic settings @ 4k/30fps (downsampling unconfirmed but on my 1080p display the aliasing is nigh on eliminated)

Dips do happen when the husk hordes spawn in because the particle effects are absolutely insane but every where else is smooth.

I feel like they should lower the details slightly to completely eliminate the dips.

I actually enjoy the game. Took a while to warm up to it though. The tutorial takes forever and after hours if play I still haven't unlocked all gameplay options.

Redshirt

Banned
So is this game any good? Barely hearing any chatter. How's it compare to Diablo 3 in regards to it being a good mindless podcast game with loot?

I think it's very good. Maybe not as mindless as D3.

Tough to say. I know D3 so well everything's muscle memory. Lot going on in this game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its rough to get into the menus and all these systems and whatnot but the game itself is good fun, even solo.

Its a bit unfortunate that you seem to have to complete those Storm Shield quests 1 time for each coop partner as they only trigger for the host which sucks since we spent hours building a giant fort at my hub.

Game is surprisingly deep.

Also for people sensitive to input lag, no worries.
The aim/camera stick is super responsive, almost feels like 60fps.

hollomat

Banned

Thanks for this.

I didn't rush it, and it took me around 45 minutes. I spent a bit of time searching for stuff at the start of the one area, its quite large.

That's just the first tutorial. I've been playing 2 hours and I'm still doing tutorial missions.

Been quite enjoying the game so far. Planned I just checking it out last night and ended up playing for 2 hours or so. I know it's early in the game, but I got matched with 3 randoms and even without mics everyone actually basically stayed on task with is pretty rare. Add me on PSN my ID is GotTheShakes. I probably won't be playing on PC a ton, but I have the game there too since you get it with the PS4 copy. My ID there is Got the Shakes.

MadmanUK

I just bought the deluxe founders pack on PS4 and when I try to start the game I get the menu with "a starters pack or founders pack is required to play". I've downloaded the game, restarted my PS4 and it keeps going to the menu. Any idea chaps?

I just bought the deluxe founders pack on PS4 and when I try to start the game I get the menu with "a starters pack or founders pack is required to play". I've downloaded the game, restarted my PS4 and it keeps going to the menu. Any idea chaps?

You playing on the account that bought it? Or did you buy it on a us account and playing on a eu for example, because that doesn't work

Top Bottom