• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another silly question...whats the point of throwing down your sigil outside of town if people can already warp to your immediate location? Oh, and how do you get rid of all the events in the chat window? I don't wanna see all that stuff.

injurai

Banned
I dunno now. Kripp's stream commentary is guessing at Athene's progress despite there being a stream? I have no idea what is going on?!

I kind suspeced Athene would do better. I feel like Kripp focused on data and statistics that wouldn't really give much of an edge. Still anything could happen, but I think if they both stay strong Athene will pull this one out.
how do i identify items? (Rare)

Right click
Edit: technically I was beathen >.>

Keikaku

I'm apparently 3 hours 50 minutes in and I just finished the 1st quest after where the beta ended. I'm at level 10. Looks like that's slow for a lot of people, but I'm taking my time and enjoying it.

So far, there is literally nothing about this game that I do not like.

What I do like:
  • The witch doctor is awesome. His skills are just so over the top and weird. It's like the looked at the Necromancer from Diablo 2 and said "Let's turn it up to 11." Good stuff!
  • The auto-identify function is nice.
  • Ditto for the free Town Portal spell.
  • Artisan is already helpful, even in the initial stages. Leveling him up is a fun reward system.
  • I like the more in-depth look at followers/hirelings.
  • New skill/rune system is nice. Gives me lots of options and allows me to really mess around with different combos.
  • This really scratches the loot-whore itch that Torchlight didn't quite get for me. And I played a lot of Torchlight. So much loot!
  • It looks really, really nice. I especially like how they did the trees.
  • It's running butter smooth on my PC at max settings.

All in all, this was a good way to spend $60 :D

I'm apparently 3 hours 50 minutes in and I just finished the 1st quest after where the beta ended. I'm at level 10. Looks like that's slow for a lot of people, but I'm taking my time and enjoying it.

So far, there is literally nothing about this game that I do not like.

What I do like:
  • The witch doctor is awesome. His skills are just so over the top and weird. It's like the looked at the Necromancer from Diablo 2 and said "Let's turn it up to 11." Good stuff!
  • Artisan is already helpful, even in the initial stages. Leveling him up is a fun reward system.
  • New skill/rune system is nice. Gives me lots of options and allows me to really mess around with different combos.
  • This really scratches the loot-whore itch that Torchlight didn't quite get for me. And I played a lot of Torchlight. So much loot!

Great impressions man, I can't wait to get into it after work

scy

I kind suspeced Athene would do better. I feel like Kripp focused on data and statistics that wouldn't really give much of an edge. Still anything could happen, but I think if they both stay strong Athene will pull this one out.

My inner math nerd is sad right now.
Most the numbers I saw him go through weren't actually useful data for progression anyway, just neat tips

I also think Athene started an entire region ahead of Kripp so I think the A2 NM progress is a bit off? Honestly, I have no idea. And now I'm off to work so no more streams for me~

Zeliard

There's no "benefit" per se, but they want people looking at the game world, and not just a map overlay all the time. I don't necessarily agree or disagree, but I appreciate the sentiment making it that way.

Beh, they're taking away basic functionality to force players to play a certain way, which isn't cool. And it particularly sucks for replays. At some point you've seen the environments a bunch of times and simply want to be more efficient in getting through levels.

A transparent overlay is an effective thing to have (especially at higher resolutions where it can take up a fairly small amount of screen space). Ultimately it should be in the hands of the players anyway. If some players just want to stare at a map the entire time, they should be able to. :p

Autofokus

To everyone who added me:

I'm only playing the classes male versions. If you see a female variant running around, thats my wife playing. :)

Wubby

Noooooo.... I just found out my DIII CE is being shipped to Japan via DHL... My last DHL package was ripped open and everything but the items box taken. Hope I get lucky this time.

ditchell

Neo Member
I shouldn't have pre-installed. I looked at that 100% as I was getting ready for work this morning. If I hadn't just started this job 3 weeks ago I would be so incredibly sick right now. Sorry boss it may be a 2 day thing.

But no. I'm here at work reading GAF. This is going to be a long 9 hours.

So if you are playing right now, us old losers at work hate you. Just wanted you to know.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Woke up at 200am CST with my rash getting worse just in time for launch got to level 6.

Went to ER for treatment

Day off work with serious poison oak rash.

DESTINY!!!!

Hilltopper117

Neo Member
Work today will be hard enough. My CE should be waiting for me when i get home though, not calling in sick tomorrow is going to be rather difficult i think and Thursday and Friday.......

zlatko

Banned
I shouldn't have pre-installed. I looked at that 100% as I was getting ready for work this morning. If I hadn't just started this job 3 weeks ago I would be so incredibly sick right now. Sorry boss it may be a 2 day thing.

But no. I'm here at work reading GAF. This is going to be a long 9 hours.

So if you are playing right now, us old losers at work hate you. Just wanted you to know.

*cradles you in his arms* There there. I'm at work for 9 hours too. Think Scy is as well.

Together we will get through this.

Megasoum

Banned
Speaking of identifying items, I'm surprised you still have to do it in the final game. I always thought it was a bug in the beta that you still had to do it even after they took out the identify scroll.

What's the point if you don't have the scroll mechanic? I just don't see any real use for that.

Beh, they're taking away basic functionality to force players to play a certain way, which isn't cool. And it particularly sucks for replays. At some point you've seen the environments a bunch of times and simply want to be more efficient in getting through levels.

A transparent overlay is an effective thing to have (especially at higher resolutions where it can take up a fairly small amount of screen space). Ultimately it should be in the hands of the players anyway. If some players just want to stare at a map the entire time, they should be able to. :p

But you could say that people would be compelled to play that way (with the map always open), at least on replays, because it's more "efficient". It's sort of a lose-lose.

Speaking of identifying items, I'm surprised you still have to do it in the final game. I always thought it was a bug in the beta that you still had to do it even after they took out the identify scroll.

What's the point if you don't have the scroll mechanic? I just see any real use for that.

Like getting a present, then also unwrapping it. Double the fun.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

What's the point if you don't have the scroll mechanic? I just see any real use for that.

This!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I agree. This seems a bit...dumb.

The only thing I can think of is for selling items on the AH. Gives people a chance to "roll" for better stats like the old gambling system in D2.

Lombax

Banned
Uh... you can do this if you'd like, but dude really? If you are already up and its early enough in the morning where you are you can call your local UPS or FedEX headquarters to hold it there so you can go pick it up yourself.

I will be like the Monk and have some patience everyone in the office will be playing at lunch is all :)

SyNapSe

What I do like:
  • It's running butter smooth on my PC at max settings.

What is auto-identify again?

Well, got my trial edition code last night and started downloading it. Launched it this morning when it just hit "optimal", and, as expected, it runs like ass at my display's native resolution. Thinking I'll have to reduce that to get a smooth experience.

Gotta go to work now, but I'll be back in 9 hours to tweak things.

Radec

I hope it's not too late to join the fun.

c8a97f1a9e9011e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

I'm ready :D

aristotle

What's the point if you don't have the scroll mechanic? I just don't see any real use for that.

Auction house. You can sell an unidentified item correct? That way you can have a gamble auction. ;)

Raide

What is auto-identify again?

Just right click the object and it identifies stuff. Yeah, it seems odd having it without actually using scrolls. Maybe they could add a scroll that gives you a higher chance or getting something better once identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom