• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
I plan to do about 15 minutes of real actual work today. :p

So...same as everyday.

@Guy who posted spoiler.

Tell me where you live you little 17 year old bitch so I can come beat your parents to death with your own shoes in front of you before cutting your tiny pecker and nuts off and feed them down your god damn throat you scum sucking piece of cunt shit.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The korean took 6 hours to defeat Diablo. Blizzard should make a "korean" difficulty.

STFU

Seriously, what the hell were you thinking? posting a screenshot of the final boss DEAD! without any spoiler tags??!!??!!!

Robin64

Brilliant idea, posting a screenshot of the final boss in an OT.

It was obvious, but that doesn't mean you should. :(

ijEfdDy3z6WGq.gif

Zeliard

lolz @ Diablo spoilar

But you could say that people would be compelled to play that way (with the map always open), at least on replays, because it's more "efficient". It's sort of a lose-lose.

I don't see the problem with that. Players should be able to play how they want to. If the more hardcore players are only interested in loot-whoring their way through and don't particularly care about staring at the environments and enemies, they should be able to keep the map overlay on. If other players want a more normal, atmospheric experience, they can keep it off. Others can just turn it on and off to suit their whims. It should come down to player choice and personal play styles.

For me personally, it's less about just keeping it always on than simply being able to move around with the overlay on, since that's far less cumbersome and doesn't impede the flow of gameplay.

But anyway, what's done is done, so eh. :p

Say what you want about Facebook being integrated into everything these days, but I wish there was a way to scan your Facebook friends list to find Diablo friends. They did it for SC2, why not this game? It made populating my friends list with people I actually know really easy in SC2.

I don't understand why they expect you to either type in someone's Blizzard e-mail ID, or someone's player tag. I'm 33 years old, I've got friends scattered everywhere at this point in my life. I don't know what e-mail they used, and I don't know their player tag. There should be an easier way. My friends list is blank and will probably stay that way. Yet I know there are people I know who will be playing this game...

I didn't think the spoiler tag was necessary as we all knew that will be the conclusion we will reach anyhow. But if the image is offending, sorry about that.

kyubajin

I got this:

blueconfirmation.png

Has anyone discussed this already with Accounts and Payment Support and managed to get a brand-new standard edition key???

The Hermit

I'm apparently 3 hours 50 minutes in and I just finished the 1st quest after where the beta ended. I'm at level 10. Looks like that's slow for a lot of people, but I'm taking my time and enjoying it.

So far, there is literally nothing about this game that I do not like.

What I do like:
  • The witch doctor is awesome. His skills are just so over the top and weird. It's like the looked at the Necromancer from Diablo 2 and said "Let's turn it up to 11." Good stuff!
  • The auto-identify function is nice.
  • Ditto for the free Town Portal spell.
  • Artisan is already helpful, even in the initial stages. Leveling him up is a fun reward system.
  • I like the more in-depth look at followers/hirelings.
  • New skill/rune system is nice. Gives me lots of options and allows me to really mess around with different combos.
  • This really scratches the loot-whore itch that Torchlight didn't quite get for me. And I played a lot of Torchlight. So much loot!
  • It looks really, really nice. I especially like how they did the trees.
  • It's running butter smooth on my PC at max settings.

All in all, this was a good way to spend $60 :D

I am using the witch doctor too... loving him. And I agree with pretty much all you said, the only thing that is bothering me is the tone of the game.
It is a much lighter than Diablo II: when the zombies show in the first tavern, the owner says "this is killing business" and the first merchant he says don't touch anything or something humorous like that...

oh and yay spoilers :/

I am out of here :(

Speaking of identifying items, I'm surprised you still have to do it in the final game. I always thought it was a bug in the beta that you still had to do it even after they took out the identify scroll.

What's the point if you don't have the scroll mechanic? I just don't see any real use for that.

The way Blizz explained it is that there's this satisfaction and sense of uhhh discovery or something when you identify an item. It just feels more rewarding. I forget their exact words but I agree with them. There's something fun/exciting/rewarding about going back to town with a full inventory of unidentified rares and other items and then ID'ing all at once.

Phew, lucky I didn't see the pic. I don't want to be spoiled of what he looks like, that would make me so mad. Schroddycat you're dumb.

oneils

Another silly question...whats the point of throwing down your sigil outside of town if people can already warp to your immediate location? Oh, and how do you get rid of all the events in the chat window? I don't wanna see all that stuff.

To get rid of quest text in chat, go to options and disable it. You will see the option under gameplay, I think.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
schroddycat
Banned
(Today, 01:37 PM)
Multi-Quote This Message Quote

Well deserved, but you still ruined it for me.

Thanks again.

grendelrt

Are you fucking kidding me......I just woke up and wanted to check the thread and see how people were doing and someone posts that. I hope they permaban you.

Megasoum

Banned
The way Blizz explained it is that there's this satisfaction and sense of uhhh discovery or something when you identify an item. It just feels more rewarding. I forget their exact words but I agree with them. There's something fun/exciting/rewarding about going back to town with a full inventory of unidentified rares and other items and then ID'ing all at once.

Yeah I can see their point. Anyway I'll be so excited to get a rare that I don't really care if I have to click on it hehehe.

Max

I am not Max
Are you fucking kidding me......I just woke up and wanted to check the thread and see how people were doing and someone posts that. I hope they permaban you.
yep, I don't even visit the thread, but the one time I do I stumble upon that...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Currently being interviewed by a site... (don't know if I'm allowed to say). He added me on friends in D3 :lol

zlatko

Banned
Thankfully I've had a few beers and kind of scrolled past that image.

If I see any images in this thread or .gifs, I just zip right past them. So luckily I only caught the upper left corner of that spoiler image, but knew it had to be spoilerish in some regard. I didn't think it'd be the final boss for god sakes.

MajorPain

I'm apparently 3 hours 50 minutes in and I just finished the 1st quest after where the beta ended. I'm at level 10. Looks like that's slow for a lot of people, but I'm taking my time and enjoying it.

So far, there is literally nothing about this game that I do not like.

What I do like:
  • The witch doctor is awesome. His skills are just so over the top and weird. It's like the looked at the Necromancer from Diablo 2 and said "Let's turn it up to 11." Good stuff!
  • The auto-identify function is nice.
  • Ditto for the free Town Portal spell.
  • Artisan is already helpful, even in the initial stages. Leveling him up is a fun reward system.
  • I like the more in-depth look at followers/hirelings.
  • New skill/rune system is nice. Gives me lots of options and allows me to really mess around with different combos.
  • This really scratches the loot-whore itch that Torchlight didn't quite get for me. And I played a lot of Torchlight. So much loot!
  • It looks really, really nice. I especially like how they did the trees.
  • It's running butter smooth on my PC at max settings.

All in all, this was a good way to spend $60 :D

Thanks for the nice little write up I was starting to worry a little seeing all these people that are already finished. I am one to take my time and leave no stone unturned so I am hoping that my first playthrough will take at least 20-25 hours.

Other playthroughs and co-op will just be icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom