• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerD

I'm 4 hours 18 minutes in and I'm still in Act I. I think I'm at the final dungeon. I've been taking my time and exploring everything, talking to all the npcs after quests, and soaking it all in. I'm in love. The game is awesome. Playing a barbarian btw.

My brother and I are around the same area with the same amount of time. All the journals and lore really help to flesh the story out. Game is beautiful too.

zlatko

Banned
I'm not defending it, but I'm just saying it's not worth getting your feathers in a fuss since it was pretty much a foregone conclusion. I could have predicting it three years before the game came out.

But alright, continue the whambulance.

I haven't played D1 or D2, so I couldn't have predicited jack shit about what the final encounter could remotely be. So for me it definitely shits on this games own story as a single experience.

Zeliard

How many here are going/will go with Witch Doctor the first time?

As someone who typically plays a classic mage or battlemage variant in every RPG, I'm looking to switch things up. Strongly leaning towards WD, though Monk is also tempting.

Was what he posted really spoiler though? I haven't played any of the previous games, but it was kind of a given right? That's like somebody saying Bilbo finds the One Ring in The Hobbit and people flipping out. Its a forgone conclusion.

Well the imagery of what you're referring to is pretty spoilery, but it wasn't even really that, at least in my view. There is other stuff in that pic that probably shouldn't have been revealed. Obviously I'll say no more. :p

I'm not defending it, but I'm just saying it's not worth getting your feathers in a fuss since it was pretty much a foregone conclusion. I could have predicting it three years before the game came out. The setting as well...

It's inconsiderate for sure, but I don't really see the big deal personally.

But alright, continue the whambulance.

Really dude? He posts a pic of the final encounter in a game people have been waiting for a very long time to see and everyone gets upset so therefor they must be part of a "whambulance"

smh

embalm

Does anyone know of a good guide explaining the details of equipment and the stats it affects?

I'm playing a mage. Does Wand DPS affect spell damage? If I equip a bow, does that affect ability damage? How does this work with other classes?

It looks like only Intelligence affects spell damage, but since there aren't books or mana, it seems like that would be pretty lame.

lol.

I honestly don't get the huge amount of hype behind this game or the hype behind being one of the first to finish this game.

Still, enjoy your 15 minutes of sort-of-fame.

The last game sold over 10 million copies and the game has been over 10 years in the making. In general any blizzard release tends to be a huge deal. The game is huge and i think it's pretty easy to see where the hype is coming from.

scy

Does anyone know of a good guide explaining the details of equipment and the stats it affects?

I'm playing a mage. Does Wand DPS affect spell damage? If I equip a bow, does that affect ability damage? How does this work with other classes?

It looks like only Intelligence affects spell damage, but since there aren't books or mana, it seems like that would be pretty lame.

INT, for Wizard and WD, is +1% Damage per point. All abilities are scaled off Weapon Damage.

Effect

Are there any chances of Blizzard adding additional areas to the game after release via expansions at a regular pace? With additional missions or campaigns? Or maybe drop one and then move back to Starcraft or Warcraft or Diablo 4? Have they said anything regarding this to keep people buying/playing outside of harder difficulties?

scy

Are there any chances of Blizzard adding additional areas to the game after release via expansions at a regular pace? Or maybe drop one and then move back to Starcraft or Warcraft or Diablo 4? Have they said anything regarding this to keep people buying/playing outside of harder difficulties?

Last I heard, there's two planned expansions.

kyubajin

Grats Yoshichan, I sure know I will take my time and explore every nook and cranny of the game and just enjoy the moment :)

Also, reposting this:

blueconfirmation.png

Has anyone discussed this already with Accounts and Payment Support and managed to get a brand-new standard edition key???

I'm still not sure, but definitely craft some gear with what's his face. You'll get some nice magic effects.

For the other Wizards out there, is there any point in equipping orbs? I've got one that increases intelligence at the moment but I feel like I'd be better off with a shield.

scy

Math wizard---question.

What does STR do? I know I should pump in DEX on my Monk as my main stat for damage.

For a Monk? Nothing offensively. It still acts in the Armor formula (likewise, INT still gives you Resistances). I'm drawing a blank on the exacts for both of them, however (well, I think INT is +0.1/INT for Resists).

Kem0sabe

Last I heard, there's two planned expansions.

I wonder whats left to kill at the end of this one to justify 2 more expansions. The Diablo franchise is fast approaching God of War territory, Kratos has already killed everything there is to kill, except for Jesus.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder whats left to kill at the end of this one to justify 2 more expansions. The Diablo franchise is fast approaching God of War territory, Kratos has already killed everything there is to kill, except for Jesus.

Diablo can't approach God of War territory because you aren't playing the same dude in every single game.

zlatko

Banned
Breast feeding requirement for that.

I'll suckle on the zipple of my Lord if it gets him the pic of Time.

Thanks for the STR clarifications gang. I'm gonna try to go pure DEX, but will mess around with some STR builds later.

Does any state directly effect certain skills doing more damage?

scy

I guess some major shit goes down to either bring back a Prime Evil or "lol surprise! You actually didn't shank either of the two lesser Evils this game!" Or a Lesser Lesser Evil (or Greater Lesser Evil? Kind-of-Prime Evil?)

Or Jesus. Shit, why not.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol... just let me play the game now plz. Haven't killed a single mob in 30 minutes...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So at least 3 times on the way to work this morning I found myself dangerously drifting into adjacent lanes. I do not operate well on little sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom