• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whats left to kill at the end of this one to justify 2 more expansions. The Diablo franchise is fast approaching God of War territory, Kratos has already killed everything there is to kill, except for Jesus.

unlike god of war, diablo isn't prewritten... they can create more story and lore for it. where as GoW theres a set amount of "gods"

Blizzard...seriously. I have been disconnected (Error 3007) so many times now. What's worse is if I'm half clear of a dungeon level and get dc'd, I gotta do it again. I tolerated it at first, but it's REALLY starting to ruin my enjoyment in the game. I don't feel like I can properly progress without just ignoring passageways and running for an exit before I get kicked off again.

I'm looking forward to just loot grinding this game, but not on my first fucking playthrough. Jesus.

I wonder whats left to kill at the end of this one to justify 2 more expansions. The Diablo franchise is fast approaching God of War territory, Kratos has already killed everything there is to kill, except for Jesus.

You do know that none of this is actual Christian... "lore" right?

oneils

Loving Walmart right now. Signed up for express shipping. Original estimate was I would receive my ordered CE on Thursday. Looks like I may receive it today. So it looks like their estimates are pretty conservative. Might have gotten away with regular shipping.

scy

I'll suckle on the zipple of my Lord if it gets him the pic of Time.

Thanks for the STR clarifications gang. I'm gonna try to go pure DEX, but will mess around with some STR builds later.

Does any state directly effect certain skills doing more damage?

Like, a skill that actually uses your stat outside of the normal DPS formula? I don't think there's anything of the sort. It's just STR for Barbs, DEX for Monk/DH, and INT for Wizard/WD. They all get +1% Damage per point.

Apenheul

I'm amazed at how well my low-end nvidia NSV 4200M graphics card handles Diablo 3. Gotta love Blizzard for how scalable their renderers are.

I know nothing about Diablo, but I watched that like 15min cartoon Blizz put out and it seems like one of Archangels is not quite so angelic maybe you fight him? Unless you of course fight him in this game.

oneils

so if I start to play with a guest pass, can I redeem my full copy code when it will arrive and unlock the full game and keep playing ?

Yep. Go to your battlenet account. Click on the starter edition diablo III item in your game summary.

On the right you will see a icon of the game box. Click on "enter game key." Enter your game key and you will upgrade the game to full. I will hopefully be doing this tonight.

Calidor

I've been 2 hours @ work and THIS IS HELL.

I just want to go back and continue to play with my Hardcore Wizard. She just beated the Skeleton King... I NEED to see whats next!!!

I'm amazed at how well my low-end nvidia NSV 4200M graphics card handles Diablo 3. Gotta love Blizzard for how scalable their renderers are.
I know, I was very pleasantly surprised this morning with how well the game runs on my laptop. I think I've got it set on medium to high for most options and I get 40-60 frames everywhere so far.

well, I'm sick.

damned 4 hours of sitting on pavement in the cold. :(
Lame. :( Hope you feel better soon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I just want to go back and continue to play with my Hardcore Wizard. She just beated the Skeleton King... I NEED to see whats next!!!

Yeah, I'm not excited about being at work. My fiancee is going to Chicago this weekend, though. :) Many hours of D3 to be had uninterrupted.

ALSO! Kudos to HC. After running through once on SC, I intend to roll up that HC and see how we do.

Finalow

how do skill runes work?
I mean if I picks the skill rune Toad of Hugeness from the ability Plague of Toad and then I pick the skill rune Rain of Toads, can I still use Toad of Hugeness? Or I can only use the latest skill rune that I picked.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

i'm on my way home :p

how do skill runes work?
I mean if I picks the skill rune Toad of Hugeness from the ability Plague of Toad and then I pick the skill rune Rain of Toads, can I still use Toad of Hugeness? Or I can only use the latest skill rune of that ability.

You attach one of them to the skill, then if you feel like switching them out you just open up the ability menu and pick a different one and attach it to the skill.

how do skill runes work?
I mean if I picks the skill rune Toad of Hugeness from the ability Plague of Toad and then I pick the skill rune Rain of Toads, can I still use Toad of Hugeness? Or I can only use the latest skill rune that I picked.

you can have one skill rune activated per skill

Awesome, my retail copy's install seems to be stuck on 1%. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just a five-hour install or something.

Edit: It just moved to 2%. Guess you just have to wait it out. That's one slow install, though.

SyNapSe

Thanks for the STR clarifications gang. I'm gonna try to go pure DEX, but will mess around with some STR builds later.

Does any state directly effect certain skills doing more damage?

There are cutoff points that make investing in each stat less valuable so after say 200 dex each point might only be worth .75 dex and then at 500 dex each point might be worth .5 dex so the game is setup for it to be better for you to spread some around eventually.

Someone posted an exact chart a while ago

The most amazing thing about this thread is that I haven't seen a single complaint about the actual game (besides the typical server related stuff). That really says a lot about Blizzard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just started the game and have had 2 disconnects :(

I was pretty lucky. Only took me a handful of tries to log in at around 4 AM eastern (an hour after launch) and after that had a totally flawless experience for the next 4 hour or so before I had to get ready for work.

Kem0sabe

You do know that none of this is actual Christian... "lore" right?

Hmm? I guess your referring to the Jesus comment was meant for Kratos, it was a reference to a comic where Kratos, after killing all of the Greek Gods, went on to fight the Christian one(s). :)

Concerning the other comments, which i wont quote due to laziness... even tho your character has changed throughout the series, your overall goal and enemies have not.

In the end, and from i understand of Diablo 3, there´s nothing to kill left, hence my analogy to God of War.

But this being the Blizzard that retconned the shit out of Aidan and the rest of the, already confusing "angels are not angels and demons are not demons, and hell and heaven are not really hell and heaven" Diablo lore, they will probably come up with something. :)

Btw, anyone read the lore book that came with the CE? i browsed the PDF, who wrote that shit? did they sub contracted a writer or was it in house? because paying someone to write that is just... damn, it was very bad.

Apparently some people can play the Starter Edition without a guest pass, just by logging in. Run you fools!

I think at least closed beta people got that. I have the ability to play like that, but I'm just gonna wait until my CE arrives. (Tested it last night and got to character creation screen momentarily.)

itxaka

Defeatist
Goddam, achievements aren't poping on my screen. I get them but they arent being show when I do them. Did I borked the game already? Someone suffering the same?

What are they saying? don't want to read for fear of spoilers

Anyway, i thought this poll from http://diablo.incgamers.com/ was surprising:

UobP1.jpg

Other than the Barbarian, that is a little surprising. I'm starting to think that if you added up every class poll on the internet, the classes would come out dead-even - because I've seen polls where DH and WD's are leading.

Basically play what you want.

Calidor

Yeah, I'm not excited about being at work. My fiancee is going to Chicago this weekend, though. :) Many hours of D3 to be had uninterrupted.

ALSO! Kudos to HC. After running through once on SC, I intend to roll up that HC and see how we do.

High five brah!

I just find it more exciting to go raw at first into HC. Makes me more cautious and forces me to explore, level and gear up accordingly.

Make sure to add me if you go into HC, we need to set up a solid GAF HC community :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom