• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

ArjanN

well from what i understood Six Stars is just a "extended editon" in a vain of GG Revelator 2 to Reelator (not proto-sequel Revelator was to Sign)
so i am fine with waiting for the better version ;-)

Yeah it's basically an extended version with improved balance/more characters etc so if you're going to get it might as well get the new version. Also pre-ordering might help reach another character stretch goal. :)

Annubis

So I bought this since it was discounted and since I've been sick for the last few days I got to play it.
This is a fully voice VN of decent length with a good story and wonderful art for 3$. I don't know how you could lose to purchase this unless VNs are not you thing.

header.jpg

I like the first one so much, I went and bought the sequel right after completing it. This is the best praise a can give a game: it made me insta-buy the sequel.
I was afraid that perhaps it could be not as good but after putting 22 hours on it, I can say that it is of equal or higher quality.

As far as content, I'm at 22 hours and there's still one full branch of the story and minor ends I haven't unlocked so it is big for a renpy VN.

One big change is how the story is presented. In the first one you are the protagonist mostly. In the second one, you go from character to character and things are less linear but it works given how the ensemble is presented.
This means that you see a lot less of the main character but it's not so bad because all the others characters are equally good.
I really like the characters. The cast gets pretty big but they all feel unique and relevant. I'm puzzled by how the next sequel will tie all the branch together as far as the characters go (like I figure you would take the heads AND knife since they are all so very vital and interesting - yes, those words are real in-game indicators of characters and it all makes sense)

So yeah, just a little shout out because the devs did some fine work and I'd love for them to get all your moneys.
There's a bundle for everything http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4736/Book_of_Gray_Magic_Bundle__Soundtrack/

Stardock Bundle

$1
- Sorcerer King: Rivals
- Fallen Enchantress
- The Political Machine 2016
- The Corporate Machine

BTA
- Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion
- Galactic Civilizations® III
- Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition - Includes all DLC

$15
- Offworld Trading Company
- Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade Expansion Pack
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation + Additional Content

Looks like I already have everything that I would be interested in. The only exception might be Fallen Enchantress, but I think I'd rather put time in better games in that genre and spend money on something else.

I’m still bitter that part of my copy of sins of a solar empire on steam is locked behind an account system, registered to an email account I can’t access.

Something like that totally puts me off a company.

xist

It's funny that they couldn't find comments for Fallen Enchantress and The Corporate Machine in the $1 tier.

Edit - Having actually looked at the individual content this is a really easy pass. Everything is kind of meh...

Not sure about the other games, but Offworld Trading Company is great. Economic RTS by Soren Johnson (Civ IV) and an awesome OST by Christopher Tin (Civ IV, Civ VI).

Random slot machine part. I can do flames and platforms but those bouncy balls always get me :( I need to get good i guess.

The slot machine is what I struggled with as well, for some reason I can't get the timing right on the Lions. I did get frogs twice in a row once which is the greatest blessing the RNG gods have ever provided for me.

dex3108

The slot machine is what I struggled with as well, for some reason I can't get the timing right on the Lions. I did get frogs twice in a row once which is the greatest blessing the RNG gods have ever provided for me.

That A- was when i got frogs, flames, frogs but i lost one HP when i was hit by one flame :(

Wait, no controller support, cloud saves or achievements ? :/

I assume there will be controller support, a lot of games dont have that little steam nugget on the side but actually do support controllers. Also its just a placeholder page really so they could add other features.

Xater

It's funny that they couldn't find comments for Fallen Enchantress and The Corporate Machine in the $1 tier.

Edit - Having actually looked at the individual content this is a really easy pass. Everything is kind of meh...

Offworld Teading Company us pretty cool. Really neat idea, but I already have it. Don't really care for the rest of the bundle.

Durante

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OEIDLCSurvey2

Obsidian would like to know they should approach making DLC for Pillars of Eternity 2, including not making any at all. They also want people to share this survey with their friends. They also included the wrong URL for it in their email; it has a 2 on the end instead of a 1.
Thanks for posting.

I don't really believe in DLC for CRPGs, and I'll let them know that. (Though the survey also has a "coop" option, which I don't really want as DLC but will take in any form I can get :p)

Xater

Thanks for posting.

I don't really believe in DLC for CRPGs, and I'll let them know that. (Though the survey also has a "coop" option, which I don't really want as DLC but will take in any form I can get :p)

Yeah I don't think the DLC model works for this genre. The classic expansion model works way better.

Anno

Yeah I don't think the DLC model works for this genre. The classic expansion model works way better.

I mean, I think DLC in this case just means additional content of any sort. One of the options is saying that you prefer "beefy" traditional expansions.

yuraya

PUBG continues doing crazy #s. Holding 1.6 million concurrent players on Monday and Tuesday. These are weekdays wth. Its like the people playing this game are strapped or cuffed to their computer desk. Reminds me of all those crazy people when WoW really took off back in 2005-2006.

PUBG continues doing crazy #s. Holding 1.6 million concurrent players on Monday and Tuesday. These are weekdays wth. Its like the people playing this game are strapped or cuffed to their computer desk. Reminds me of all those crazy people when WoW really took off back in 2005-2006.

I feel like the world's habits are trending opposite of mine. When I was a teenager I would only play online games (Halos, WoW, Counter Strike 1.4 through Source, ect.) and now I strictly play single player games.

IMO, PUBG is a phenomena like WoW and a lot of things that happened when WoW came out is happening to PUBG (like people calling it a fad or how competitors are being propped up).

I am torn. I have $12 on my Steam account. IDK if I should get Darkest Dungeon now that it is on sale for $10 or hold off until D:OS2 goes on sale for the first time (no idea how long that will be).

Mivey

I am torn. I have $12 on my Steam account. IDK if I should get Darkest Dungeon now that it is on sale for $10 or hold off until D:OS2 goes on sale for the first time (no idea how long that will be).
You mean until 12$ will be enough for DOS2 on the storefront, not counting on resellers and other sites?
Divinity OS EE has, so far, never been below 15$ on the store (https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?...info?plain=divinityoriginalsinenhancededition).
And that's a two year old game, so you are possibly looking at three years or more (considering that DOS2 seems to sell way better, and price usually is a function of a game's success, in combination with age)

Xater

I mean, I think DLC in this case just means additional content of any sort. One of the options is saying that you prefer "beefy" traditional expansions.

Yeah, but they actually did DLC for Tyranny and that was just so uninteresting. Most of that stuff you would sell piece meal just doesn't work with how these kind of games are played.

Arulan

Thanks for posting.

Surely you selected expansions then?

Looking back I think it's obvious that the best additional content for RPGs have been in the form of expansions. Sort of like an additional campaign module for pen and paper. You could perhaps argue that it's sometimes be better to make the expansion its own game or stand-alone module, similar to what Shadowrun: Dragonfall ultimately became, but that's probably circumstantial.

Top Bottom