• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Ranked the hardest here
It's the number one result on Google for Nioh boss rankings. I think the ratings are a joke. And Nue is one of the hardest bosses in a Souls-like. I'm up to
Gasha-Dokuro
and other than Yuki-Onna, and Umi-Bozu (cause of that shitty one shot kill), Nue is the only difficult boss in the game. But man when the bosses are hard....THEY ARE HARD!

Edit.
Okatsu
also fucked me up for a while. She strong.

The only boss that gave me any trouble was Nue, most I beat first try, the rest on my second or third go and they were primarily due to user error and I wasn't taking advantage of onmyo or ninjitsu on my first playthrough. I was just playing it like a character action game with armour that suited that playstyle.

Don't get hit

How high is your HP?

That's the thing, I got really good at dodging his attacks and patterns *most of the time*, to the point where I can consistently get him past half health, but if I make even a single mistake it'll usually kill me right away and it's just not fun at all.

I'll have to check my HP if I even decide to play today. It's seriously turning me off of the game lol, there's fair hard and then there's blatantly frustrating BS hard, and this boss honestly feels like the latter. Even Nue didn't make me feel like this.

Anyone got decent ideas for a good sword build . I'm around lvl 150, atm. I like axe as secondary but am open to suggestions. Is there a kingo/ninja mix build out there? Thanks in advance

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Killed me a dozen times easily. Every other boss took me 2 tries at most. But man she wrecked me silly for a few hours. I was raging.

Ranked the hardest here
It's the number one result on Google for Nioh boss rankings. I think the ratings are a joke. And Nue is one of the hardest bosses in a Souls-like. I'm up to
Gasha-Dokuro
and other than Yuki-Onna, and Umi-Bozu (cause of that shitty one shot kill), Nue is the only difficult boss in the game. But man when the bosses are hard....THEY ARE HARD!

Edit.
Okatsu
also fucked me up for a while. She strong.
This list is complete nonsense. Ogress harder than Onryoki?? Giant Toad so high on the list?

Seems like you're basing your post on some random weirdo's list, but it's otherwise the first time I hear the forgettable spear dude gets classified as hard, let alone the hardest.

Also Nue is overrated. What gives you so much trouble with it? Every attack is clearly telegraphed and it's super easy to drain its ki and stunlock it to death.

Caim

I haven't played in awhile but did this patch or the previous one unlock all missions on Way of the Strong?

I had two regions left (including DLC) to do but they are all open now.

Dark_castle

Okay finally hit a wall in Way of the Strong with the Wandering Child subquest in the dlc region. I'm still running a glass cannon ninjutsu build and the last part where the guy kept the kodama captived plus 2 rifle guy and few samurai and few ninjas in vicinity really shows how weak my defense is, with hardly any + done on them.

Jimrpg

This list is complete nonsense. Ogress harder than Onryoki?? Giant Toad so high on the list?

Seems like you're basing your post on some random weirdo's list, but it's otherwise the first time I hear the forgettable spear dude gets classified as hard, let alone the hardest.

Also Nue is overrated. What gives you so much trouble with it? Every attack is clearly telegraphed and it's super easy to drain its ki and stunlock it to death.

Nue is definitely harder than white tiger but white tiger is higher on the list.

Izuna

Banned
Because then Titanfall 2 would have like 3 maps total

tumblr_na41bm2pkX1tj71fro1_500.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Beat the spider area, then decided to re-enter the level because I missed one Kodoma and knew its location. It was at the very end and figured I'd get there fast with the shortcuts... but they were all locked when I entered the level again. I was expecting those to stay unlocked Souls-style, kind of a bummer. You also can't pick altars to spawn at, so I'll have to run through that entire level again when I want to pick it up. Reached the end of the next level and the ice queen is a fun but challenging boss, will take a few tries I bet.

I also feel like money is useless in this game. I have 300k gold and bought nothing, since all the weapons suck compared to drops.

Beat the spider area, then decided to re-enter the level because I missed one Kodoma and knew its location. It was at the very end and figured I'd get there fast with the shortcuts... but they were all locked when I entered the level again. I was expecting those to stay unlocked Souls-style, kind of a bummer. You also can't pick altars to spawn at, so I'll have to run through that entire level again when I want to pick it up. Reached the end of the next level and the ice queen is a fun but challenging boss, will take a few tries I bet.

I also feel like money is useless in this game. I have 300k gold and bought nothing, since all the weapons suck compared to drops.

You'll need money for forging, soul matching, and reforging your gear. It may feel worthless now but it's important to optimize your equipment later on

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Soul matching costs will rise very, very quickly. I also thought Gold was worthless at first.

Yeah I just brought a great katana from lvl30 to 60 and it took half my gold lol. But it was worth it, nice dmg boost.

btw since I have no shame, here's a clip of me beating the ice queen. It went pretty well overall, had healing items left. Could've done it without living weapon probably but eh. I love feeling empowered in those last seconds.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah I just brought a great katana from lvl30 to 60 and it took half my gold lol. But it was worth it, nice dmg boost.

btw since I have no shame, here's a clip of me beating the ice queen. It went pretty well overall, had healing items left. Could've done it without living weapon probably but eh. I love feeling empowered in those last seconds.

Don't Soul Match until NG+, it's a super waste of money. Just craft a new one.

Wow, lots of changes, more power and increased animation speeds all around for my Axe and Odachi. Axe remains main, but now with faster Earth Carver and more damage when flinging things with Cloud Crush.

I also left it with the final DLC boss to go, so glitches fixed there before I got to it.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I thought that completing the missions that unlock after 500000 affinity points in the Dojo unlock the mystic arts but it doesn't. How do I get these?

Question, I've been out of the game for a month playing Persona, have they change the rate of blacksmith patron points? It's my last trophy to Platinum and I was initially put off by the grind.

Top Bottom