• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Sou Da

Jaden is our next Speilberg

Mind you, I'm fucking 6 minutes into the first episode and already this shit is amazing.

Like I can only genuinely see you hating this if you take animated series too seriously in general.
Or if all the late stage capitalism satire goes over your head despite it being subtle as a brick.

D i Z

Every time I think about or read a comment about Neo Yokio a little bit of my soul escapes in a fart. Just a little bit. But it's getting to be a lot when it fills the room.

I've got a lot of soul, so I'm not concerned about it. Just thought you all should know tho.

Sch1zz can talk about Ontario better than me, but out here in BC it's pretty expensive. It's the best province in terms of nature and natural beauty, though. If you've ever been to the PNW it's that but better. You've probably heard about housing prices in Vancouver, which are no lie. There are other municipalities that make up Metro Vancouver that are cheaper, but I'd still expect to pay more than $800. I wouldn't say it's impossible to find something sub $800 but it'd probably be in Surrey.

I live over across the water on Vancouver Island in the capital Victoria. We're a lot smaller (370K population) but we have the best weather in country easy as it's mild all year round, and while it's rainy it rains less than Vancouver. If you're young and single I don't recommend it because you'll get bored as fuck here, though. It's small and uneventful unless you like doing outdoorsy type shit, though there is a small but vibrant local community. We have a reputation for being "home of the newly wed or nearly dead" for a reason. It's also somewhat expensive and housing can be challenging over here as well.

I don't know if any Canadian BCTer's can speak about Alberta, but Calgary might be worth looking at for you, I think.

Honestly, every major "big 3" city suffers a bit of what Zekes mentioned in terms of cost. Toronto and Montreal are suffering from increased renting costs. I think we're up to nearly $2000/mo on average here, maybe a couple hundred less for a 1-bedroom condo. Be sure to take into account the fact that we pay a significant amount more for Internet/phone and such than y'all do.

Nah, but I figured maybe if you live in a more northern state it'd make life easy. I guess flights are a little cheaper, and you can more easily capitalize on deals only available on the US. I'll drive into Buffalo to pick something up on the cheap for instance.

I regret to inform you the only place you won't really suffer from this is BC.

-snip

Weird suggestion, but have you looked to Moncton/Fredericton?

If you're good with that, you can live on the outside of the GTA and stay within your budget.

E: You can find something here on the east or west end (Scarborough or Etobicoke), that's city housing, and the max you'll pay is like $1100. They get bad reps, but it's better than shelling out for private owned options and co-op, so.

Thanks for the responses! I'd never heard of Moncton or Fredericton till now.. Or city housing. I'll definitely be looking into it.

Went to bed early last night so I'm up early writing and listening this Ivan Ave album I missed last year. I saw the video for "The Circle" when I found Joyce Wrice, but it didn't interest me enough to look up the rest of his shit. What a bad pass of judgment that was on me because this album is great and I'm looking forward to the new one this November.

I'm so excited to download Fortnite Battle Royale when it releases today, but I'll have to wait until I'm off work to do so. But that's cool because I get off at four today, which will leave me time to play the rest of the day.

Fortnite Battle Royale with Cheese is up on PS4 if any of you are interested in playing. It's a 14gb download and so far it's pretty decent, some glitches though with supply drops going into the environment. Other than that, it's fun.

Also, you can't be free.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hot Take: I don't want Kaepernick to get a QB job.

I'm afraid someone will put out a bounty on him, and some defensive lineman will hit him in an illegal manner and injure him seriously for $$$. I'm less fearful of this as the NFL is trying out this kumbaya unity thing, but you never know...

There is much more likely a chance that something happens to Kap off the field, not on it.

Malyse

TIL I have zero patience for people saying any type of petty bullshit is as bad as cancer. Case in point, remakes of video games.

Izuna

Banned
TIL I have zero patience for people saying any type of petty bullshit is as bad as cancer. Case in point, remakes of video games.

Calling something a cancer doesn't mean it is as bad, it means that something is growing and it is a bad thing.

an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate.

Tho I don't know if the comment you are referring to literally said as bad as cancer..

Malyse

Calling something a cancer doesn't mean it is as bad, it means that something is growing and it is a bad thing.

Tho I don't know if the comment you are referring to literally said as bad as cancer..

"I don't know what was said, but here's a defense!"
K, dude. That's a great look.

Cancer is bad , so no - I don't want other people to get cancer.
Shitty remakes are in that same category.

Zekes!

I'm with Maylse. We people compare shit to being "cancer" I roll my eyes. The kids I worked with last year picked that up from online and I tried my best to curb them from doing so.

Malyse

Trump is a cancer.

Cute.
But you're undercut by the facts that

1. the situation isn't remotely the same
2. like cancer, Trump is actively engaged in ending lives.

Love the speed of the hot take though. It's always *hilarious* to see cancer comparisons since it, you know, almost killed my dad last year.

Beefy

Cute.
But you're undercut by the facts that

1. the situation isn't remotely the same
2. like cancer, Trump is actively engaged in ending lives.

Love the speed of the hot take though. It's always hilarious to see cancer comparisons since it, you know, almost killed my dad last yer.

Had to be said. I get what what you were getting at though. I have lost fam to cancer and it pisses me off when people use it for shit no way near as bad

Izuna

Banned
Actually looking around, it seems that people really have started misusing the word to literally equate it to cancer :/

Now I'm going to side eye the use, cautiously...

Malyse

"I am liberal, but" = "I am Liberal Butt. I always speak out outta my ass."

-----

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKqWrdmWAAIxh4z.jpg[/IMG]

Top Bottom