• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new DmC CG Trailer

Visually, it wasn't that terrible a trailer. Lotta blurry, shiny nonsense masking whatever action there was to be had though. The stamp thing was moronic, and the only context I can get out of this trailer is some little shit with fashion sense straight out of 1999 roams around attacking bank managers, and for some reason Hell protects banks.

But JFC, tell me this isn't indicative of the game's soundtrack? Between that shit and his voice, this is a game I'll be playing muted.

Edit:
Dante vs. the financial crisis

That's what I got out of it. Could the game's plot really be this comical?

iavi

Visually, it wasn't that terrible a trailer. Lotta blurry, shiny nonsense masking whatever action there was to be had though. The stamp thing was moronic, and the only context I can get out of this trailer is some little shit with fashion sense straight out of 1999 roams around attacking bank managers, and for some reason Hell protects banks.

But JFC, tell me this isn't indicative of the game's soundtrack? Between that shit and his voice, this is a game I'll be playing muted.

I don't care the most at large, but this track isn't all that indicative. You can stamp,e the whole host on amazon mp3.

Raptor

Uh, what exactly is so embarrassing about that line?

Is like if they are making it look and sound as something like "My name is Dante" and we will go "YESSSSSS DANTE OMG"

Yes we know is Dante, no it doesn't sounds badass, sounds cringe worthy IMO.

B.O.O.M

Wow that was so cheesy. He should have just shot the dude instead of the FORECLOSED thing. Because he's a banker and he's evil and he FORECLOSES people's homes. Because he's evil.

In my honest opinion...Dante has ALWAYS been a cheesy ass character. That's part of who he is.

The trailer was pretty good. The combat scenes could have been a bit better. But yea it gives us a good overall idea about the world the game takes place in.

mrplaid

That trailer has me more interested in Devil May Cry than anything Capcom has done with the series previously.

Zia

That trailer has me more interested in Devil May Cry than anything Capcom has done with the series previously.

I'm hopeful. The demo was interesting, at least, which is more than I can say for the rest of the series.

sleepykyo

Edit:

That's what I got out of it. Could the game's plot really be this comical?

It is supposed to be about disenfranchisement. So yes, basically politicians, bankers, etc are all demons. After playing Duke Nukem, painting politicians and bankers as evil doesn't seem nearly as outdated. Holsom twins and green power armor are far more dated.

Mariolee

Okay tell me, what did this trailer tell you about the game that you already didn't know ? Trailers are supposed to be informing and excite you to buy the game, this one literally told us NOTHING to get excited about, the footage isn't even in-game it was CGI.

And and referring to me previous comment, the music sucked.

Well maybe the trailer isn't for you, but for those who haven't been following the game closely like me. It shows us that the world the main character is living in isn't what it seems on the outside, and that the main character is the only one who can see it. This other dimension he sees is filled with demons that are masquerading as normal people in the real world, and the main character has been endowed mystical powers to defeat them. It's a thankless job as he's seen as a terrorist and all around jerk, and everyone including those whom he's trying to save is out to get him, but he doesn't give a shit.

I dunno, it's really cliched but looks really fun. You guys need to lighten up.

G-Fex

I flipped opinions on this.

I am enjoying/pleased with this new Dante.

I'm hyped for this game really.

Kinyou

Is like if they are making it look and sound as something like "My name is Dante" and we will go "YESSSSSS DANTE OMG"

Yes we know is Dante, no it doesn't sounds badass, sounds cringe worthy IMO.
I liked it a lot more in the announcement trailer.

Also made more sense since we actually didn't know that he was dante (also had a better voice actor)

it's like if one person says it bad a sheep following will gather and echo the statement, that shit wasn't even close to bad but it wasn't great either, it was pretty good.

Mario007

Damn even the fighting in the trailer looked so slow.

The whole 'The world is full of uniforms and they're all commanded by the greedy capitalist' theme is cool if you're a first year college student, but gets annoying very fast.

Also the CG itself was shit.

ultim8p00

Banned
it's like if one person says it's bad a sheep following will gather and echo the statement, that shit wasn't even close to bad but it wasn't great either, it was pretty good.

This, pretty much. A bunch of followers mindlessly hating just because they want to sound like they are experts.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
it's like if one person says it bad a sheep following will gather and echo the statement, that shit wasn't even close to bad but it wasn't great either, it was pretty good.
This, pretty much. A bunch of followers mindlessly hating just because they want to sound like they are experts.

You need what amounts to a conspiracy theory to explain the fact that multiple people have the same opinion about something?

Lots of people are still down on the game. Get over it.

Yup, nothing but grade A insight in this post.

NT has pumped out tons of new content for everyone to see. There's new DmC threads all the damn time. Just because there is a lot of negativity doesn't mean it's some mass conspiracy of brainwashed fanboys.

Maybe if we all hate it enough, it will go away.

Maybe we can hate it to death.

Not if reviewers like it, which I'm guessing they will. I feel like it's going to sell well too, though I will be wary with the early preorder estimates. They can always be incorrect, but i'mnot crossing my fingers.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Not if reviewers like it, which I'm guessing they will. I feel like it's going to sell well too, though I will be wary with the early preorder estimates. They can always be incorrect, but i'mnot crossing my fingers.

What are current pre-order estimates?

Aguirre

so if all those events which take place in that cg video - the road breaking up, floors falling away, demons, etc - are all in dantes head, then did he knock the little girls drink out of her hand for no reason?

Top Bottom