• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Edit I'm not livid. The main enjoyment I get out of wrestling, and it has been like this for years, is laughing at how fucking stupid and inept the company is and then reading people like you defend them. I came back to wrestling after 5+ years during the CM Punk pipe bomb era and we all know how that ended. Add on stuff like hhh winning the rumble and title at the same time in 2016, him winning the title for owens, Charlotte flair, pretending to care about Danielson, disrespecting Rey. It's funny to me.

I only keep up through John pollock's podcast.

Idk why you keep bringing up storylines.

I like that this is basically you calling me an idiot.

I am happy we are getting AJ and Finn with no build. WWE's version of a build for that would have inevitably made it worse.

All in all I'm happy WWE is responding to all this by going all-in as opposed to throwing in the towel.

Yes.

I hope to catch danielson's return at the next 205 live if I see their tweet 2 minutes before the show airs.

(I keep editing too late btw)

So Kurt Angle returning at TLC in lieu of The Shield Reunion is the same thing as Daniel Bryan returning on 205 Live?

I do appreciate that you think good business is setting up a big deal and then when it becomes not possibly to deliver it just giving up and going oh well instead of trying to deliver something of equal value...

Another reason this is good business is because if something big is set up in the future fans can know if some horrific thing happens they'll still be given something good. That's good precedent.

Btw it's kinda sad with all the great wrestling in the world that you derive fun from hate following WWE and laughing at people who do enjoy the product on some level ...

Actually let me rephrase hate watching is fine on some level because so bad it's good is a form of entertainment, but deriving joy from laughing at people who do just enjoy the product is pretty shitty.

Edit I'm not livid. The main enjoyment I get out of wrestling, and it has been like this for years, is laughing at how fucking stupid and inept the company is and then reading people like you defend them. I came back to wrestling after 5+ years during the CM Punk pipe bomb era and we all know how that ended. Add on stuff like hhh winning the rumble and title at the same time in 2016, him winning the title for owens, Charlotte flair, pretending to care about Danielson, disrespecting Rey. It's funny to me.

Just chiming in to say I think it's kind of weird to argue so strongly about what would work for business and what wouldn't when you admit yourself that you are barely paying attention to the product.

It's like when people tell me that Bobby Lashley is great in TNA. I could say "wow, pushing Bobby Lashley? what a dumb idea!" But in not watching the show there's a ton of context I'm missing so I wouldn't assume to know whether it's a good idea or not.

Hasney

Then I never want to see you criticize WWE/Vince again.

His promos were better than anyone other than Cena, Miz, and Bryan. He doesn't even have to shoot to cut a good promo, and was actually over as a true babyface... not a heel that smarks like or a face that smarks hate. He wrestled 3 matches IIRR. 2 were good, one was against Kevin Owens. They were stunt matches but we don't hold that against Roman or braun. The feud lasted months, had good segments and matches and he left when he was getting stale. The weakest parts were again thanks to the WWE's stupidity (minnesota, Owens match). Then he left by cutting a better Babyface promo than anyone in the company shutting up the post-WM smarks in the process. His return was a massive success. Were you trolling?

In the past 2 months WWE has burned through:

Brock/Braun
Shane/Owens HIAC
Cena/Reigns
Shield reunion
Kurt Angle's comeback to in-ring competition
AJ Styles/Finn Balor

LMAO

I dont get it. I think everything WWE has done in 2017 has been pretty shit, but they're putting on a single match I'm excited for finally, so you never want me to criticise the bad things they do again and I'm also a defender of WWE. Are you high?

Before, the only thing I gave a shit about was The Shield reunion. Now, I'm weirdly curious about Angle, and I'm really fucking stoked for Styles vs Balor. Given the issues, I'm very pleased about this. Hopefully everyone gets better soon.

Hasney

tenor.gif

I'm gonna guess they had some work visa trouble that wouldn't have been sorted before the league starts - or they're high enough on Riddle that they want to introduce him as a singles guy next year.

And there it is.

You're focusing on single matchups but in the past 2-3 months we had solid builds/work for Braun & Joe, watched The Bar evolve into something really good, Miz just killing it overall, Uso/New Day putting out some stellar matches, a good turn (so far) from Sami.

gun_haver

all right what's this about angle wrestling this god damn sunday

is that true

and it's gonna be aj vs finn now

god damn

i guess all it took to get me interested again were a couple of surprise match ups

this tlc ppv just became something i wanna see

all right what's this about angle wrestling this god damn sunday

is that true

and it's gonna be aj vs finn now

god damn

i guess all it took to get me interested again were a couple of surprise match ups

this tlc ppv just became something i wanna see

Bray and Reigns have a viral infection possibly mumps or meningitis so they're out... and the WWE knowing they promised something special with The Shield reunion and knowing that they can't deliver that are giving us something that is different but also special to make up for it.

gun_haver

Bray and Reigns have a viral infection possibly mumps or meningitis so they're out... and the WWE knowing they promised something special with The Shield reunion and knowing that they can't deliver that are giving us something that is different but also special to make up for it.

everybody gets mumps 2 days out from a ppv from now on

why does this fucking show only do interesting things when people either quit or get sick/injured.

gun_haver

i think i've just basically realised vince's process

amass a whole load of talented people and potentially great storylines just waiting to happen

then do whatever shit he comes up with that week because 'i'm a genius, damnit. i know what i'm doing'

and then whenever he can't do his great plan, because of circumstances beyond his control, pull the trigger on any given one of those great things he just leaves in his lockbox

that's the way it works. that's why it sucks. he knows what is good, and he wants to hoard it away just in case, so he can use his shitty spur of the moment ideas that go nowhere, with the consolation of having a back up plan.

at some point it's gonna be 'what? big cass is injured? oh fuck it, just make it cm punk vs daniel bryan for the title, that can main event hell in a cell 2019. who gives a shit, everything's ruined.'

Carnby

Yes their reasons are Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt are out with fucking viral meningitis and they want to give the crowd and those watching on Sunday still a good show...

Like shit literally that show was built around The Shield comeback and that's out

It's pretty obvious that Angle was probably gonna come back at Survivor Series and had already been training/ was cleared to compete so when literally one third of their big angle went down with something that he couldn't work through they put him in. It's not the the ideal build but what are you gonna do 3 days before the show? (Literally saw people in the OT thread upset about Angle and saying that they should have put in, and I shit you not, Jason Jordan... What?!? ) Like this wasn't just some babyface trio, it was the freaking Shield... everything was built to that, this was a big deal and you can't just replace Reigns with any odd baby face it needed to be something big.

And we all knew Angle was gonna wrestle again at some point.

Agreed.

Replacing Roman with Jason Jordan would have been as lame as Savio Vega replacing Shawn Michaels at No Way Out 98.

It's too bad if someone had to drop out it wasn't someone other than Reigns though because then you could out over Miz's Supergroup, have them win, and tell the story that the Shield is strongest with all 3 and only with all 3.

You can still do that here but the problem is people will read that as WWE as pushing Reigns, as saying the Shield couldn't win without Reigns, when the story should be The Shield needs all their guys, that any one of them dropping out makes them less powerful.

Oh well.

It's too bad if someone had to drop out it wasn't someone other than Reigns though because then you could out over Miz's Supergroup, have them win, and tell the story that the Shield is strongest with all 3 and only with all 3.

You can still do that here but the problem is people will read that as WWE as pushing Reigns, as saying the Shield couldn't win without Reigns, when the story should be The Shield needs all their guys, that any one of them dropping out makes them less powerful.

Oh well.

For WWE fans it will always be a loose/loose

Top Bottom