• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

This new PPV stuff is the most bizarre happenings in awhile lol.

Angle is wrestling suddenly? Wot. :\

AJ wrestling on the Raw PPV because who cares. :\

All that Shield build for nothing haha. Personally I hated that they wasted the reunion on this feud anyway.

Sounds more like a random house show, and it's infinitely more exciting because of it. Maybe they should always book this randomly. Their usual stuff is so terrible they only seem to do fun stuff the crowd wants when their dumb ass plans get ruined.

Not that it's the best way to do anything, but with the perceived notion that everyone seems stoked on AJ/Finn out of nowhere, maybe WWE should do a PPV every once and a while that ignores story lines and just does matches that people want to see.

I think that would add a LOT to their viewer value versus how the indie system works (for better or for worse).

If Finn/AJ were still anywhere else, and the entire fanbase was saying "Holy shit we can't wait until they wrestle", I feel like ROH, NJPW, etc would have booked it almost immediately.

WWE would probably do well running that same concept every once and a while.

Ambrose is such a different dude now. I'm remembering why I loved him.

Also Braun is the best

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/921553298032922624

Don't scroll down to replies it's NSFW because people are assholes.

I just saw an AJ one as well lol. Everyone's doing these great directly-to-camera promos, dunn must be going nuts

Not that it's the best way to do anything, but with the perceived notion that everyone seems stoked on AJ/Finn out of nowhere, maybe WWE should do a PPV every once and a while that ignores story lines and just does matches that people want to see.

I think that would add a LOT to their viewer value versus how the indie system works (for better or for worse).

If Finn/AJ were still anywhere else, and the entire fanbase was saying "Holy shit we can't wait until they wrestle", I feel like ROH, NJPW, etc would have booked it almost immediately.

WWE would probably do well running that same concept every once and a while.

storylines are supposed to build to matches people want to see.

The issue is that:
a) Vince thinks he knows better then people what they want to see
b) Even when he agrees with the people, the angles he writes are often so bad that they turn people off from the feud.

miserable

Sasaki+punches+Tenryu.gif

Sasaki+punches+Tenryu+again.gif

klonere

Banned
Twitter is the worst, why do I open it when there are big shows on ;;;; AJPW spoilers below

Joe Doering is your new Triple Crown Champion!

storylines are supposed to build to matches people want to see.

The issue is that:
a) Vince thinks he knows better then people what they want to see
b) Even when he agrees with the people, the angles he writes are often so bad that they turn people off from the feud.

Oh I completely agree, but as a fan as well, it would be cool for random/fun/interesting pairings every once and a while just for the hell of it.

klonere

Banned
AJPW talk

Joe winning was always on the cards imo and they are going to build to the big rematch vs Kento down the line. But that could be a while off. Yoshi is just a filler challenger.
Going back to review the shows he's on. the crowd seem to really like him, which sure is a thing

Yoshitatsu is not going to be your TC champ guys, don't freak out

gun_haver

i think i'm gonna watch tlc

first time i'm watching anything from wwe since wrestlemania. i just gotta see if aj vs finn is good, and see angle back in the ring.

these motherfuckers.

I actually want to watch TLC but I don't think I will be able to. I have an insane amount of work to do.

I wonder if Gallows and Anderson will get involved in Balor vs AJ for obvious reasons.

So that shield promo

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/921576909347180544

is so much better then any of the crap promos they do on raw. I'm guessing they got to do it themselves and vince/dunn weren't involved.

All the promos WWE has put up in the last 24 hours to justify/promote the new matches have been so much better than the normal month-long ruining of feuds. If only they'd notice that.

And AJ's hair looks ridiculously awful.

Foggy

AJPW talk

Joe winning was always on the cards imo and they are going to build to the big rematch vs Kento down the line. But that could be a while off. Yoshi is just a filler challenger.
Going back to review the shows he's on. the crowd seem to really like him, which sure is a thing

Yoshitatsu is not going to be your TC champ guys, don't freak out

DON'T TELL ME NOT TO FREAK OUT, YOU'RE FREAKING OUT AND IT'S MAKING ME FREAK OUT

Penguin

The only thing I'll say about TLC is it seems like a wasted opportunity to really use the network for something special.

Could have had their social media say to go to the network for a special announcement, treat it like a big deal. Could still do the website/link afterwards.

And then throw up those promos throughout the night as the wrestlers respond. Hell get comments from other wrestlers on seeing Angle return and the likes.

Heroman

Banned
The only thing I'll say about TLC is it seems like a wasted opportunity to really use the network for something special.

Could have had their social media say to go to the network for a special announcement, treat it like a big deal. Could still do the website/link afterwards.

And then throw up those promos throughout the night as the wrestlers respond. Hell get comments from other wrestlers on seeing Angle return and the likes.
But no one would use the network everyone would just wait for the announcement to be post on Twitter on the internet.

Anth0ny

For those not following, The Lapsed Fan podcast has been going through every PPV in the greatest year in the history of our business, 1997. They're at like 30+ hours covering 1997.

And they aren't even at survivor series 97 yet, which will probably be 12 hours.

Top Bottom