• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

fresquito

2.05.xxx in my first try. I still don't feel the car (at all). And the FFB feels different from two weeks ago. I hope tomorrow I can put up a better lap.

Blizzard

Banned
2.05.xxx in my first try. I still don't feel the car (at all). And the FFB feels different from two weeks ago. I hope tomorrow I can put up a better lap.
When you say you don't feel the car, do you mean you don't like how the car feels, or you don't get any FFB? What wheel are you using?

fresquito

When you say you don't feel the car, do you mean you don't like how the car feels, or you don't get any FFB? What wheel are you using?
No, no, I meant the Gumpert. It's a car I had barely touched up to this point. It feels a bit... erms... savage.

Besides, I don't know what's changed in the FFB, maybe it's that I used the ingame setup for the first time and now it feels a bit looser, I don't know. Then again, it's been two weeks since I last played the game and Bathurst is not an easy track.

I'm using a DFGT.

Just improved my time to 2:02.xxx but that was in an hour long session. Pretty pathetic.

I've hit my skill wall. There's no way I'm squeezing more time out of this track. I bow to you boys.

Polyphony

Same here, I think I'm done as well. I tried markao's setup earlier, but it didn't suit my driving style. Tweaking the gear ratios proved to be beneficial though! My final time is 1:58.628

markao

There are some nice short/national versions of main GP tracks, they are a lot shorter and that might be an idea for next week. Something like Badenring short/nat, Derby nat, Sakitto East/West, Connecticut Short, to name a few. And then add something silly that doesn't really fit there, like the Stockcar ;)

ibfXtF4Ah4x4Jx.png

Duchies community manager I've ever seen. I've yet to see a post of him which is not aggressive. How can a community manager possible be so sensitive?

Blizzard

Banned
He's not a community manager, that post only shows the tipping point.
Yep, he's the owner, and as pointed out that probably doesn't show the whole story there.

As far as I am aware, he's been polite and pretty quick to respond when I've PM'd him before, and with the number of posts he makes on the forum, I have to believe some of them aren't calling out people. :p

NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #6 - Gumpert Apollo @ Bathurst (Build 197)

markao - 1.57:220 (video)
Dilly - 1.57.514
Salacious Crumb - 1:58.360 (video)
Polyphony - 1:58.628
Mad_Ban - 1:59.566 [pad]
Speech - 1:59.692 [pad]
Jibbed - 2:00.820 (video) [pad]
Metalmurphy - 2:01'611 (video)
Lucius86 - 2:01:674 (video)
Frawdder - 2:01.681
Three60 - 2:02.311
magawolaz - 2:02.565 [pad]
Arucardo - 2:02.634
Foliorum Viridum - 2:02.646
_machine - 2:07.623 [pad]

Roughly 18 hours left!

Edit: might as well throw my new time up. 2:02.646

_machine

Didn't have that much time so the best clean lap I managed was a measly 2:04.878. Did manage to get in the 2:03's and 2:02's a couple of times, but I kept bumping into the walls and quit in frustration.

mclaren777

I just found this survey on a sim racing forum. I think it's fairly old judging from the lack of responses and still calling it C.A.R.S., but I'm fascinated by the results.

Who would have guessed that so few people care about the console versions of pCARS?

iw9cX5lHA1a8t.png

Polyphony

NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #6 - Gumpert Apollo @ Bathurst (Build 197)

markao - 1.57:220 (video)
Dilly - 1.57.514
Salacious Crumb - 1:58.360 (video)
Mad_Ban - 1:59.566 [pad]
Polyphony - 1:59.649
Speech - 1:59.692 [pad]
Metalmurphy - 2:01'611 (video)
_machine - 2:07.623 [pad]

Roughly 18 hours left!

Edit: might as well throw my new time up. 2:02.646

Forgot my time :p

My new time: 2:00.824

http://cars-stats.wmdportal.com/index.php/profile?user=1593

And I give, this car is impossible, everytime im doing a better time something bad happens... brake, turn, spin, restart, brake, turn, spin, restart.

I just found this survey on a sim racing forum. I think it's fairly old judging from the lack of responses and still calling it C.A.R.S., but I'm fascinated by the results.

Who would have guessed that so few people care about the console versions of pCARS?

[]http://i.minus.com/iw9cX5lHA1a8t.png[/]

572 answers on a pc centric forum for a game still in development where only the PC version has been seen... lol

Mad_Ban

I have another half a second to shave off, but I've got some fatigue of the track, so I'm going with that as my final time. Pleased with that. :)

image.php

1. markao - 1.57:220 (video)
2. Dilly - 1.57.514
3. Salacious Crumb - 1:58.360 (video)

Mad_Ban - 1:58.588 [pad]
Polyphony - 1:58.628
Speech - 1:59.225 (video) [pad]
Metalmurphy - 2:00.824 (video)
_machine - 2:04.878 [pad]

Previous weeks:
NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #1 - Asano x4 @ Florence GP (Build 174)
NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #2 - Leonus F68 Cromwell V8 @ Milan Historic (Monza) (Build 179)
NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #3 - Ariel Atom Mugen @ Derby GT (Build 184)
NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #4 - Formula A @ California Raceway (Build 189)
NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #5 - Leonus F77 @ Bologna (Build 192)

NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #7 - Caterham Superlight R500 @ Moravia (Build 202)

This week it was chosen by Metalmurphy since he's been very active since the start!

Great to have so much competition this week. It was a bit dull doing these leaderboards/posts for the more quiet weeks, so let's keep this up!

I don't think I know this track either so it will be interesting yet again.

markao

New build available, but from this week they are using the new patch system, so you do not have to download entire builds anymore. Make sure you have build 197 installed (team+), before patching.

Lucius86

Banned
The patch will grow each weak though, so once the size gets to big, they will release a new "standard build" and start updating that again with smaller patches.

I'm good with that.

I will play with the new build in my hungover state Sunday. Why pick another 2 minute track though!?! :-(

Blizzard

Banned
As usual, I was lazy all week and didn't play Bathurst. =( I don't know about the new track and car, but I shall blindly assume they're terrible and blame metalmurphy!

Also, hooray for patches, downloading took forever for full builds. If no one beats me to it I'll try to post the weekly patch notes tonight perhaps.

Shaneus

As usual, I was lazy all week and didn't play Bathurst. =( I don't know about the new track and car, but I shall blindly assume they're terrible and blame metalmurphy!

Also, hooray for patches, downloading took forever for full builds. If no one beats me to it I'll try to post the weekly patch notes tonight perhaps.
The Caterham is hella fun. I haven't tried it under the new conditions, but it's probably the most enjoyable I've had so far (but that's not saying a lot... I've really only tried 4-5 cars or so).

Arucardo

Challenge accepted!

Build 202 (27/4/12, Team Member+)Update rolling start option accordingly when selected track forces rolling start
Fix AI throttle cap at 100%.
Adjusted helmet cam exposure to suit new art
Added the ability to submit flags with stats. In the future, the stats will be used to record information like whether or not driving aids were enabled during the record lap.
Removed obsolete API to submit records without sector times
In car view exhaust resonation layer enabled
New Azure Coast reverse HUD map added
Enabling helmet cam audio dampening
Bodywork_Carbon Max shaders. Changed specular settings for carbon to look the same as vehicles_basic
New Besos textures checked in
Bodywork_Carbon Max shaders. Specular settings for Matte option updated
Adjust LOD/CUL settings such that distant cars don't disappear so early
Belgian Forest - update trees for new terrain/new treewals and fixed few crowds intersections
Added the California HUD maps
New Palmer JPLM export
New Anhalt exports
New Bathurst export
New Belgian Forest export
New Besos exports
New Loire exports
New Sakitto exports

Build 201 (26/4/12, Senior Manager)
Adding Chesterfield and California co-ord's
Updated HUD maps with correct T1/2 text
Build script update to add cumulative patching using RTPatch
Bathurst fix for floating instances issues
Bathurst test texturemaps for 3d trees
Belgian Forest - Add new textures
Stock car 1990 - Interior texture. Initial check in.
New Bathurst export

Build 200 (25/4/12, Senior Manager)
Fixed bodywork2 shader with bonnetcam envmap, protect against sampling NaNs
Tweak g-force effects on helmet mesh
Added missing remappable controls to UI
Animation update : paddle animations for GT driver, index finger and thumb now hold the same position
Added Chesterfield HUD map
Color adjust desaturated grass stuff
Helmetview: reverted geometry offset, blurred visor polish, bit of love and magic
Anhalt GP autograss initial version
Palmer JPLM: LODs polished, CPIT optimized, AO added to all LODs + new export
Palmer JPLM: full check + minor fix
Increased decell lock to 50-80% on the diff's of most cars to adress trailing throttle oversteer. Also tweaked the preload and most got a 30% increase. Some increases to acell side where needed to balance throttle oversteer. all cars changed except: Karts, Formula A and B
Set weight distribution non-adjustable on Formula A and B
Added new Azure Coast HUD map
New Palmer JPLM export
New Anhalt exports

Build 199 (24/4/12, Manager+)
Detection of short time after vehicle-to-vehicle contact is now done for all vehicles
Disabled adjustment of inertia tensor for AI vehicles
Re-position helmet mesh for better visibility and realism
Blur helmet mesh slightly (not working for visor yet, to be investigated)
SMAA (levels) runtime code for GUI options
Updated Fanatec SDK to fix runtime calling convention crash. Cleaner layout of libs also
Stockcar 90: new ambient shadow with improved borders
SMAA GUI options added + applinks
Jaguar JPLM - Interior texture. Initial check in.
BAC MONO: livery02.Initial check in.
BAC MONO: new silver wheel.Initial check in.
Derby track maps with new T1/2 text repositioned
California track map with new T1/2 text repositioned
BAC Mono: enabled liveries for black paint material on Livery 1+2
Helmetview - geometry offset and visor tweaks (logos out, texture blur, visual tweaks...)

Build 198 (23/4/12, Senior Manager)
Updated Fanatec CSW FFB defaults
Belgian Forest - add temporary terrain texture
Mitsubishi and Caper logos added
END OF RACE screen updated (as per WMD forum issue) and player can now click on the RWD/FWD buttons
Bologna textures. PSDs for new materials updated textures
F77, changed 3pv camera roof poosition, showing more of driver + animation review changes
BAC Mono: Improved front hoodlock resolution
New BAC Mono export

Top Bottom