• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

The thing about syringes is that they are balanced by having anyone with even the tiniest line of vision instantly notice your crime. You have to have absolutely all vision blocked, have everyone around turned away, or have no one remotely nearby.

Joeku

The thing about syringes is that they are balanced by having anyone with even the tiniest line of vision instantly notice your crime. You have to have absolutely all vision blocked, have everyone around turned away, or have no one remotely nearby.

In the case of this ET, for the guy
it was jabbing him up in the garden near a ledge, and for the doctor she was entirely doable surrounded by three others (all looking away) next to Soders' operation room.
I did this kind of vacantly and it still completely worked. Syringes are powerful out of eyesight.

In the case of this ET, for the guy
it was jabbing him up in the garden near a ledge, and for the doctor she was entirely doable surrounded by three others (all looking away) next to Soders' operation room.
I did this kind of vacantly and it still completely worked. Syringes are powerful out of eyesight.

The "Nursing a Grudge" featured contract was actually doable in the same way in the exact same room.

I figured out how to do that one in a foolproof way, but my confidence in my own abilities faltered here. It was a bad call.

Can someone remind me, is there a disguise in Hokkaido that will let you poison a drink without suspicion? I know you can poison the sushi with the chef disguise but that's only because you're in the kitchen area, right?

GravyButt

If I buy the complete first season on disk (not sure if I want ps4 or xb1,) the disk is all I need right? Wont come with codes correct?

Trying to play this with a controller on the PC and the controls feel off. :\ Not satisfied with the sensitivity. Using a DS4 with DS4Windows.

Trying to play this with a controller on the PC and the controls feel off. :\ Not satisfied with the sensitivity. Using a DS4 with DS4Windows.

Pretty sure the game has native support for DS4, maybe it's causing some sort of conflict? Shooting/aiming in general is pretty terrible so maybe it's just something you need to get used to .

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Started playing this yesterday and got to kill the dude in training by ejecting his jet seat.

Freaking awesome hahaha

SL128

Tracked the doc
into the sushi joint where he was having the humorous conversation about steroids/size,
no one had line of sight and
when the security guard walked out,
I stuck him, but somehow the crime was noticed. Got gunned down trying to make my way out.
It's obviously supposed to be a safe location to poison him, but wallhack NPCs have gotten ridiculous in this game. This happened to me twice

With all the nonsense that's piled up, I have no problems Alt+F4ing and replaying ETs as much as I want.

Pretty sure the game has native support for DS4, maybe it's causing some sort of conflict? Shooting/aiming in general is pretty terrible so maybe it's just something you need to get used to .
Don't use DS4Windows, the game already supports the DS4
Disabling DS4Windows changed nothing. The game has a bad sensitivity curve for aiming.

Anyone have better keyboard bindings they can recommend?

Fuck this game and it's x-ray vision NPCs. Got the male doctor real easy, but the female doctor (which everyone said was the easiest) was the end for me. NPC somehow saw me inject her through a solid wall in a different room.

For reference:
She was standing in the corner of the hall on the phone and the blonde yakuza bodyguard that loops to back and forth to the bathroom, saw me while he was standing at the sink in the bathroom.

DrSlek

I was spotted by a guard while trying to get close to the female surgeon. If that hadn't happened, I would probably have got Silent Assassin on that ET.

Oh well. I've already got the Winter Coat, anyway.

I got SA on this (and winter suit) and it seemed a relatively reliable method.

Brought
coins and emetic vial, started as surgeon. Got special syringes first. Went to restaurant, snuck past chefs at the bar, went downstairs, carefully knocked out chefs there, donned chef disguise, lured chef enforcer (who stands at top of stairs periodically) down into kitchen, poisoned drink on the bar, ran to bathroom (outside the restaurant on the same level), knocked out patient right inside, hid him in empty bathroom stall closet, waited for doctor to enter and go to trash can, then poisoned him.

Got the surgeon outfit from kitchen, snuck out upstairs (maybe not best route, but it worked with timing), went back to surgeon's path. Got emetic syringe, waited until after her "phone call, walk through bodyguard-filled break room" path, then poisoned her after the person down the hall crossed from left to right. Tested it with the emetic syringe prior to that, and no one noticed. Kept an eye out for the director and left on the cable car.

I think people who were spotted poisoning the surgeon during her phone call were seen through the windows to the bathroom. They have blinds, but the eagle-eyed NPCs only need a sliver of visibility. By the game's logic, there's probably line-of-sight, even though there probably isn't in reality.

MaKTaiL

I finally got to play this week's Elusive. OMG, the dialog between the surgeon and the guard was hilarious.
He wanted to get "bigger" but not in the way the surgeon was imagining. And then the guard assumes the surgeon is gay.
Hahahaha. Best dialog in an Elusive so far.

Killed myself with a breaching charge during the ET. Not my finest moment
What were you doing with a breaching charge in the first place? Hahahaha.

UrbanRats

This game is so great, lol.

In the extra mission in La Sapienza (the one where you have to kill the politician) running back to my ICA hideout to
snipe him from the rooftop, before he got out of the very small window, was thrilling.

Kup

Started playing this week after buying the disc. Game is excellent, but I am getting frustrated with the number of hangs in the menus when I am in Online mode. I am playing on Xbox One with open NAT type and port-forwarding configured as per instructions from Microsoft's website.

For example, I click to Replan or Restart and it just remains on that screen with the loading animation in the corner or sometimes shows and error and I can retry. Sometimes when I save or load it does the same thing. A few times today I have pressed the A button to start on the main menu and it just loads indefinitely. I have started playing in Offline mode now and everything in the menu is super-quick, but I would prefer to be able to use the game fully and properly.

Anyone else in the same boat? It's a shame, as I am enjoying the game otherwise.

After getting the physical copy at he end of last month, this was the first Elusive Target I felt comfortable doing. Was successful, too! I think the target was actually more tense and thrilling than the main game because I had to be 100% certain about all my moves to make sure I cleared it. It was really fun, though. This game is amazing - I think Squeenix did a great job both with all the levels and finding ways to keep players continuously engaged.

Reven

I had to scum my way through the ET by Alt+F4 ing a few times, but I feel okay about it because every time I got spotted was 'bullshit' through walls. Plus, I really wanted that winter suit lol.

Foffy

Banned
I had to scum my way through the ET by Alt+F4 ing a few times, but I feel okay about it because every time I got spotted was 'bullshit' through walls. Plus, I really wanted that winter suit lol.

You can alt+f4 and don't get punished for it..?

I thought if you quit the game, you can't replay the mission...

MUnited83

For you.
You can alt+f4 and don't get punished for it..?

I thought if you quit the game, you can't replay the mission...

You can alt+f4 to your heart's content, or just disconnect from the internet. It only doesn't work when you already died or failed a critical objective.

MUnited83

For you.
If you had thrown that directly on the road, it wouldn't have worked, i assume? ('cause he would've gotten suspicious seeing the bomb).

Well you could throw from behind or get a guard disguise and just plant it at his feet. The neat of this video is how lucky I was with the bounce to manage to kill him, since the breaching charge has a really really small lethal radius.

UrbanRats

Well you could throw from behind or get a guard disguise and just plant it at his feet. The neat of this video is how lucky I was with the bounce to manage to kill him, since the breaching charge has a really really small lethal radius.

Oh yeah the video is cool, just curious, because i'm still getting the hang of stuff.
I played Hitman before ( a ton of hitman 2) but never got too deep in them, because they felt very unintelligible to me, but this one is actually great at explaining everything, letting you decide how far you want to take things.

i've still not challenged the ETs... I should probably give them a shot soon
They're seriously one of the best things about the game. It was a clever idea and IO should be pretty pleased with themselves TBH. I thought they sounded like an interesting idea, but they actually worked out even better in practice than I was expecting.

Foffy

Banned
You can alt+f4 to your heart's content, or just disconnect from the internet. It only doesn't work when you already died or failed a critical objective.

So, so long as you do not see a mission failed screen, you're good to go?

I kind of don't need it now, as I unlocked all of the suits on PS4. Got just the Blood Money and 2016 suit to get on PC, and you don't need SA for those.

Knowing this trick would have helped me get SA on PC. I got seen killing the male target.

I kind of don't need it now, as I unlocked all of the suits on PS4. Got just the Blood Money and 2016 suit to get on PC, and you don't need SA for those.

Knowing this trick would have helped me get SA on PC. I got seen killing the male target.
If you complete an objective (kill a target, acquire a USB drive, etc.) then you can't restart. Same with dying or causing a lockdown, I believe.

Shaanyboi

Banned

The second you see the 'saving' icon in the corner, you've passed the point of no return.

Oh man, really fucked up the ET. For some reason some random npc saw me syringe one target (through a single pixel because I sure didn't see anyone). Then I panicked and forgot I had the dumb needle equipped and wasted the second on a guard. At that point I lost all motivation and died trying to get a new disguise.

Also turns out I really don't like the Hokkaido map, only one I can't be arsed to get to lvl 20.

Added two more contracts for Sapienza. Have at 'em!

Full contract list:
hitman_contract_5.jpg

Father Francesco's Motorbike Repair
The residents of Sapienza love their motorbikes, but all too frequently find them breaking down in one way or another.
Fortunately, the town's priest, Father Francesco, is quite handy with a wrench. Unfortunately, he's a bit preoccupied in the church today and can't make his usual repair rounds.
Won't you do your best to fill in for him, 47?
Xbox One: 3-03-5943537-88
PC: 1-03-7697321-38

hitman_contract_4.jpg

Pruning the Competition
ICA has been selected for a lucrative gardening contract at the Caruso estate in Sapienza. However, we weren't the only firm selected. Several other agencies are deploying gardeners as we speak, serving on a trial basis within the estate until a finalist is picked.
Not everyone is cut out for such an opportunity, and we trust that you can ensure ICA emerges as the front-runner. We hear the garden pathways are quite slippery, 47.
Xbox One: 3-03-3290181-88
PC: 1-03-9634488-38

hitman_contract_1.png

A Screwdriver is Mightier than the Sword
The Sanguine fashion show is a spectacle of top-notch audio-visual production, and Sanguine has chosen one of the finest A/V firms in the business to bring it to life. However, such a massive contract is bound to come with a slew of rival bidders, our client among them.
See to it that Sanguine regrets their choice of A/V firm, 47.
Xbox One: 3-02-3501703-88
PC: 1-02-7187576-38

hitman_contract_2.png

The Briny Depths
The residents of Sapienza form a delicate symbiosis with their most precious natural resource: the sea. But recently a group of fishermen known as The Briny Five have been engaged in extreme overfishing activities, plundering the organic resources of the Sapienza shoreline.
Our client, local tuna representative Red T. Snapper, would like to see this group liquidated.
Xbox One: 3-03-3921456-88
PC: 1-03-4737892-38

hitman_contract_3.png

The Waiter Reaps
For far too long the working class of Paris has been relegated to labor in the service of the over-indulgent elite. But there is a revolution brewing as of late, and you are going to be joining the ranks of those who would ignite it.
Disguise yourself as a palace waiter, find the most gluttonous of wealthy patrons, and bring the sharp knife of social justice to their throats.
Xbox One: 3-02-4349369-88
PC: 1-02-4985780-38

Themed targets are always great for these things - keep it up!

One game mode that could be fun would be where you just have to kill all NPCs of a certain type as fast as possible. All the waiters, all the gardeners, all the mansion/hotel/resort statf...

Murkas

ET SA, this one was kinda easy, went in completely blind.

Poisoned the girl as she walked into the guards room, just placed a coin in the corner in the empty patient room before and waited for her to notice and pick it up. The guy I got kinda lucky, I ran outside and just saw him leaning over the balcony in the garden, threw a coin in that little area with all the tools and poisoned him there. Think I got lucky there because I'm sure the pilot/chief surgeon can see that area from the helipad.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Welp. Accidentally killed myself by standing too close to a breaching charge trying to get the syringes while trying to suit only SA.

I can't even be mad, lol.

Top Bottom