• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Li Kao

Fucking what.

- snip -
Gen X is bad but it's the *only* one.

The first panel doesn't ressemble the art style I saw when I took a glimpse at the series.
On your second panel, it's a good thing the woman is named and I can only suppose it's Iceman.

But let's be clear, Jean Grey is not the most visually offensive to me. Iceman looks really midlle of the road and Gen X... shudder...

It was a special arrowhead designed to kill the hulk, not hawkeye (a normal human) reacting faster then the speed of thought lol.
I think what he's getting at is that it's more effective if Hulk doesn't know it's coming. If he does then he can stop it. Not being "faster than the speed of thought."

Like saying you'll rip off the bandage at the count of three and doing it at one.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Oh and as for Banner experimenting on himself, they were procedures intended to keep the Hulk from resurfacing, not to bring it back.

The fact that anyone (either character in the story or someone who *reads comics*) would believe that Banner would willingly turn himself back into the Hulk after being cure is utterly ridiculous.

Oh and as for Banner experimenting on himself, they were procedures intended to keep the Hulk from resurfacing, not to bring it back.

The fact that anyone (either character in the story or someone who *reads comics*) would believe that Banner would willingly turn himself back into the Hulk after being cure is utterly ridiculous.
Carol receives Ulysses' vision that Hulk will kill everyone. Every vision that Ulysses has had up until this point has been correct. Let's just take the core event. The Celestial and Thanos both showed up and Carol was able to stop them (though not without casualties). Then the Hulk vision comes up, why would she doubt it? Banner hasn't been seen for a long time and he's pretty much a pariah. Why would anyone doubt that this would happen? So Carol doubles down again and brings fucking everyone, obviously not realizing how this could trigger Bruce. Beast reveals experimentations, and that's all anyone needs. Bruce's eyes flash green and Clint does what he was asked to do.

I don't think it was that Banner would willingly turn himself into the Hulk. No one does, but that he was experimenting with gamma again, which has never worked out well. Whether he wanted to or not, Hulk would have resurfaced and shit would go wrong like it almost always does.

Marvel confirmed that Frank Castle will now be War Machine. Could make for some fun stories (People shit on the FrankenCastle arc but I thought that was great)

shingi70

Banned
Marvel confirmed that Frank Castle will now be War Machine. Could make for some fun stories (People shit on the FrankenCastle arc but I thought that was great)

Yes, let's kill off a respected Black Superhero and military Man in the dumbest way possible, and piss over his legacy by having every racist NRA members wet dream rake over his mantle.

Marvel is so fucking tone deaf.

Malyse

It was a special arrowhead designed to kill the hulk, not hawkeye (a normal human) reacting faster then the speed of thought lol.

I think what he's getting at is that it's more effective if Hulk doesn't know it's coming. If he does then he can stop it. Not being "faster than the speed of thought."

Like saying you'll rip off the bandage at the count of three and doing it at one.

Yes, exactly.
Yes, let's kill off a respected Black Superhero and military Man in the dumbest way possible, and piss over his legacy by having every racist NRA members wet dream rake over his mantle.

Marvel is so fucking tone deaf.

I mean, look at legacy in general. That's pretty terrible optics in and of itself.
The first panel doesn't ressemble the art style I saw when I took a glimpse at the series.
On your second panel, it's a good thing the woman is named and I can only suppose it's Iceman.

But let's be clear, Jean Grey is not the most visually offensive to me. Iceman looks really midlle of the road and Gen X... shudder...

Gen X is the only offensively bad X book. It does nothing for me plot or art wise. I don't love Cable or Gold but I can see "fans of the genre" liking it. I do like Weapon X in spite of itself. Blue, Jean, Iceman are great and Astonishing is exactly that.

Vic_Viper

Has Snyder or DC said what the new "premium" format books will be that Snyder is working on instead of finishing All Star Batman? Maybe not the title or who's in it, but have they said anything about page count or release style? Are they like OGNs similar to the Earth One stuff or more like larger single issues?

Also where is the theory/rumor coming from about X-Men Blue and Gold becoming Ultimate and Uncanny? If it's true it could be really cool but I don't want to see another separate Ultimate universe again.

Still haven't read the last issue of Ultimates2 yet from the other day, did those characters stick around after the reveal? Shame it's over, Ultimates was one of the better Marvel books that I'm sure no one was reading. Do we know what he's working next?

Wanderer5

Oh, good. Can you answer me a question? On that Thanos statue, did they fuck up the colors of the infinity gems? Because Entertainment Earth keeps making that statue deal of the day for like $160, but some of the pics I've seen online make it seem like they got the gem colors wrong.

Lol, didn't take notice if the colors are wrong. His kind of small head stood out for me more.

Lol, didn't take notice if the colors are wrong. His kind of small head stood out for me more.

Soooooo, accurate proportions, then? :3

DFOJaQ9UMAApNfu.jpg:large

NOOOOOO! We were finally getting more Gentleman Ghost (my favorite dumb character ever) and now it's cancelled? THANKS GAIMAN

In all fairness, he does actually have a legal say in the creative use of most of The Endless, and he found out about that character as it was about to go to print off an arsey gossip rag that loves to stir the pot/whatever rumour circle they gathered the news from lol I imagine even the initiation of the conversation that followed between DC & himself was messy from the get go.

I'll be honest: I don't care about Rhodey. Never did. So his death never bothered me.
Has Snyder or DC said what the new "premium" format books will be that Snyder is working on instead of finishing All Star Batman? Maybe not the title or who's in it, but have they said anything about page count or release style? Are they like OGNs similar to the Earth One stuff or more like larger single issues?

Also where is the theory/rumor coming from about X-Men Blue and Gold becoming Ultimate and Uncanny? If it's true it could be really cool but I don't want to see another separate Ultimate universe again.

Still haven't read the last issue of Ultimates2 yet from the other day, did those characters stick around after the reveal? Shame it's over, Ultimates was one of the better Marvel books that I'm sure no one was reading. Do we know what he's working next?
The X-Men rumor was from either reddit or 4chan. I can't recall. Someone posted it here.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Mmmm can't remember where you got up to in Hell On earth man but pretty much just continue that to the end if you're done HB In Hell, and if you're after A Cold Day In Hell, you can start Abe

Here's the 2017 Multiversity order if you want to stick to what they say and go back and forth

I have Abe Sapien: Sacred Places next to read, followed by B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Devil's Wings it seems

They change the list so bloody constantly I've now read stuff out of order.

El Topo

How did the big Carol Danvers fans react to how she was in CW2? Do they stand up for her? I've never read her solo stuff, so I just thought she was an asshole.

They took a reasonable idea and turned it to shit so they could have a big fight and set things up for Hydra. It's a garbage event.
As for Carol, it's very similar. It started off reasonably well, then for the sake of drama they had her make nonsensical decisions that don't even fit the character.
It's very jarring to look at her solo series and then look at CW2 Carol. The hatred she got was also pretty dumb though. This is a universe where people regularly pull the dumbest shit.

They change the list so bloody constantly I've now read stuff out of order.

Honestly, don't worry about it too much. There isn't too much genuine *out of order* reading that can happen. I appreciate that's annoying though if you're making the effort to keep to the best possible thing though lol. I can only think of a few key things I would recommend a new reader not to do:

- Don't start BPRD before reading HB vol 5 or 6.
- Don't start Abe before volume 7 of Hell On Earth
- Don't read Cometh The Hour before finishing HB In Hell.

Everything else is presented in such a way that you get the payoff whatever way the info is flowing between all the books and side books. Not too bad for 60 odd volumes lol

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Honestly, don't worry about it too much. There isn't too much genuine *out of order* reading that can happen. I appreciate that's annoying though if you're making the effort to keep to the best possible thing though lol. I can only think of a few key things I would recommend a new reader not to do:

- Don't start BPRD before reading HB vol 5 or 6.
- Don't start Abe before volume 7 of Hell On Earth
- Don't read Cometh The Hour before finishing HB In Hell.

Everything else is presented in such a way that you get the payoff whatever way the info is flowing between all the books and side books. Not too bad for 60 odd volumes lol

Like the final one I have to read is Hellboy in Hell, so I'm not sure what I need to get after that?

I've already read where he died and killed Satan, etc so this must be a new story?

mreddie

Marvel October is Trading Card Variants!
November is rumored to be LEGO Variants.

But it's the returnable comics that are devaluing comics.

Fucking what.

Code:
[IMG]https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/why-jean-grey-trusts-magneto-3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/503310/Previews/2a14c249fd524fb0e01a983aa98ec85f._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg[/IMG]

Gen X is bad but it's the *only* one.

fake edit: oops dp

That's pretty bad

Wow, to think everyone forgot body hygiene, makeup and how to cut their hair right after this. /s

Looking at some old covers and Dream Girl doesn't look that mad at this:

Adam Hughes got some kinks.

---

It feels like Secret Empire has been going on forever. The last time I felt like this was... Siege?

Top Bottom