• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

From my understanding, double gold should run through the 19th.

I don't know why Blizzard doesn't just say that though. Literally takes 10 seconds to tweet something like that out.

wiibomb

From my understanding, double gold should run through the 19th.

I don't know why Blizzard doesn't just say that though. Literally takes 10 seconds to tweet something like that out.

because they want to follow this with a "takeover" from the frost event.

I get them, this would have been a nice surprise if not for the datamining

Pooya

SC2 patch notes states that there are rewards for HS/HotS tied to its just released warchests. I can't find exactly what it is though.

Fewr

I think I saw an image of that, and it seemed to be just a regular tavern brawl pack. Don't take this as absolute truth however.

EDIT: Here is what I saw.
Sobre de cartas = pack of cards.
[#StarCraft2] La primera compra de Botín de Guerra desbloquea obsequios para #Hearthstone, #Heroes y #Diablo3 https://t.co/Z73Dk4g2Ve

wiibomb

I think I saw an image of that, and it seemed to be just a regular tavern brawl pack. Don't take this as absolute truth however.

EDIT: Here is what I saw.
Sobre de cartas = pack of cards.

I undertand spanish, but I'm not sure what botín de guerra (warchests) means in SC2 context..

It seems that it needs something to be purchased with real money?

EDIT: and it seems to be only 1, anyway

Fewr

I undertand spanish, but I'm not sure what botín de guerra (war loot? war booty?) means in SC2 context..

It seems that it needs something to be purchased with real money?

EDIT: and it seems to be only 1, anyway
It is correct to translate it as war spoils or war loot.

It does have a cost apparently:
[#StarCraft2] Botín de guerra:
> Botín de guerra por raza: 9,99 €
> Botin de guerra completo: 24,99 €
youtu.be/V4JCU1vQL3w (subtitulado) https://t.co/ALXfOCip7j
What I do not know yet is if the pack is distributed once per race, once aftet buying the whole thing or if there are several packs throughout.

Edit: I haven't watched the subtitled video, so the answer might be there.
Edit 2: duh, my previous quoted tweet states the three gifts (diablo, HS, Heroes (?)) comes as a gift after the first purchase.

wiibomb

It is correct to translate it as war spoils or war loot.

It does have a cost apparently:

What I do not know yet is if the pack is distributed once per race, once aftet buying the whole thing or if there are several packs throughout.

yup, just found out, by buying the first warchest in SC2, there is an additional lootbox for HotS and a classic cardpack for HS.

$10? no thanks.

35 minute control paladin mirror match

https://hsreplay.net/replay/UwXUcRRY8C8gqRWkKtZvmN

Hearthstone_Screenshot_07-18-17_00.36.47.png

I had a similar game. I ran Elementals so both Servants discovered a happy Rag, Stonehill discovered Tirion and Wickerflame, Getaway Kodo put Tirion back in my hand, healing and Equality and everything else.

Was going to win and then my phone ran out of battery.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
yup, just found out, by buying the first warchest in SC2, there is an additional lootbox for HotS and a classic cardpack for HS.

$10? no thanks.

Yeah there's not much point in buying the Warchest unless you play SC2 already. The pack and HOTS lootbox are just part of Blizzard's strategy of using cross-promo items to get people to explore other games in their catalogue.

had the same issue but today I finally clinched it with good ole pirate warrior.

Some real fortunate draws and barely any patches beat a good amount of mages too, got lucky with all of them being secret.

Wild has so much Reno Mage, and it feels borderline impossible for Pirate Warrior. I don't think I've won the matchup yet. Always a guaranteed Ice Block followed by a guaranteed Reno Jackson. These people will consistently only be a third of their deck and have Reno Jackson, and it just blows my mind.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Wild has so much Reno Mage, and it feels borderline impossible for Pirate Warrior. I don't think I've won the matchup yet. Always a guaranteed Ice Block followed by a guaranteed Reno Jackson. These people will consistently only be a third of their deck and have Reno Jackson, and it just blows my mind.

Reno da God.

Blizzard

Banned
I complain a lot about discovery in Un'Goro, but boy I think I'll take the problems of Un'Goro in exchange for ditching Reno. That was my single most hated mechanic.

What's the highest you guys have gotten with a Quest Warrior? I just put the deck together after deciding since I hate playing against it so much I might as well just try using it. It's actually fun to play.

I'm starting at rank 14, hoping to break rank 10 before the end of the month. Won 2 of my first 3 with it.

fertygo

Got my rank 5 this month with modified UK murloc pally

My last opponent concede at turn 2 despite he open eith tidecaller coin tidecaller anď I brick hard

Guess he feel bad if he gatekeep me lol

Hybris

Un'goro has run it's course for me, great expansion, but this will be the first month of the expansion I don't get legend. Rank 2 atm and just can't find the motivation to play anything past getting quests done. Probably the longest I've stayed active on the ladder of any expansion, gg blizz

What's the highest you guys have gotten with a Quest Warrior? I just put the deck together after deciding since I hate playing against it so much I might as well just try using it. It's actually fun to play.

I'm starting at rank 14, hoping to break rank 10 before the end of the month. Won 2 of my first 3 with it.

I'm currently rank 8 with wild quest warrior.

Blizzard

Banned
Even a miracle rogue managed to drag a game out to 13 minutes by repeatedly roping and refusing to play cards until the last second. I'm terrified of the upcoming meta with legitimate control decks.

Blizzard

Banned
I got on a brief 5-game win streak and the game freaked out at me actually becoming a bit lucky. Late in a game vs. control warrior, I got hit with:

1. Power outage brownout, just enough to turn my computer off.
2. A few seconds later, power outage brownout, just in case I was trying to turn it back on.
3. Windows updates.
4. 168MB Hearthstone update on my phone for some reason.

I did not make it back.

rahji

got almost 1500 gold right now and I am pretty happy because my goal was 1000 goal for the new expansion.
Yesterday I played a warlock deck with almost only demons to complete a quest and I won some games with it. But I am having trouble if I play my standard hunter deck or pirate warrior. I guess I caught some people offguard.

scarlet

Quite lucky I got 1 160 quest, 3 200 G quests on this festival, and about 3-4 40 G quests.

Got 2K, if I didn't bought old gods, I could have 6.7 K.

Edit:

20 packs from gold
50 from PO
6 from bonus
6400 dust.

If I have my un'goro packs luck, I think it's enough.

Blizzard

Banned
I only ended up with 2300-ish gold after the festival and that was with rerolling and friends sharing quests. It's crazy how much some of you saved up, though I basically started at 0.

Lupercal

Banned
Some kind of afk bug going around ?
Had some matches today (all against Russian players, surprise) and after a few turns and realising they couldn't win they just stayed idle. I saw them holding a card to play but not playing it and about 5-6 min went by before I just conceded.

Afk timer didn't even go off or anything, had this happen 3 times in 5 matches today.
Didn't disconnect aswell.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Some kind of afk bug going around ?
Had some matches today (all against Russian players, surprise) and after a few turns and realising they couldn't win they just stayed idle. I saw them holding a card to play but not playing it and about 5-6 min went by before I just conceded.

Afk timer didn't even go off or anything, had this happen 3 times in 5 matches today.
Didn't disconnect aswell.

You disconnected.

Top Bottom