• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 Confirmed for 2016, Trailer Pics, Danganronpa 3 Anime (SPOILERS)

Corpekata

Banned
The green looking hair made me fearful the girl was Monaca but it looks like it is just a trick of the lighting (hopefully) since she has black hair in the other shots.

Busaiku

aT work so video was muted, but what do you mean by that?

Also, CRAZY SPECULATION
What if this game is a simulation that takes place BEFORE the events of 1 and 2?
People were thinking Monaca cause of a screenshot that showed her hair as green.
But she doesn't have the eyes, she has a mole, and black hair.

Looks amazing so far, looks like the gameplay is in line with 1 and 2. So hyped for DR3, I hope people don't start complaining that the Vita version is somehow holding back the PS4 version lol

PK Gaming

Yes it was.

It was absolutely blindingly obvious and spelt out to the player in this case of Kuzyuru, Nagito, Soda, Akane. The rest were heavily implied.

The first 4 I can agree with, but you opened your post with "this is what the characters of DR2 did" and that absolutely isn't the case.
I mean mass suicide for music? Where'd you get that?

dity

Man, I was hoping for 3rd person.
God no, the last thing this series needs is awkward third person movement.
Not an adaptation. It's a sequel that closes out the Hope's Peak saga.
Ah, I thought it was just closing out the 2nd anime adaptation.

Kinda disappointed they're using anime to add extra plot details to the second game though. Not a fan of how the anime adaptations have been visually. It looks so boring compared tonthe games' visuals IMO.

luminous

Kishi Seiji directing the anime, abandon all hope.
His involvement was the reason I was praying for no DR2 anime to be announced. But given this is an original story this time around maybe it'll actually turn out fine... just don't let him near any game adaptation

FluxWaveZ

Interesting bits at the end of the anime trailer:

"So, Naegi.. the fate of humanity is riding on this next round of 'mutual killing'."

"This time, it'll be the final battle between you and me!"

The language used in these (plus the background) suggests it's Monokuma speaking, though the "boku" in the latter means there's an outside chance it's
Nagito

Wonder if that's referring to V3's killing game or something else.

But I bet we'll see some of the DR2 cast in this anime. Heck, it would possibly be a good place to have some of the DR:AE cast return after the time skip. Get all of that out of the way to leave room for DR V3.

Puruzi

Banned
wzpbiW2.png

why is this person so short

Corpekata

Banned
When I noticed the short one at first I thought maybe it was someone sitting down, like in a wheelchair. Which would be bad.

IvanJ

Banned
This reminds me that I should play part 2. Loved the first one, but that love is not enough to make me pull my Vita from the box.

Espiox

Psyched that they're doing something new with V3 and wrapping up the other stuff separately. I want something that feels actually new and interesting, not another story with
Makoto, Byakuya, Junko, etc popping up at the end

FluxWaveZ

I want something that feels actually new and interesting, not another story with
Makoto, Byakuya, Junko, etc popping up at the end

I am so for Danganronpa 3 being an anime just so that
Junko doesn't appear in V3.
Thinking of that character as a "Hope's Peak Academy" saga villain is interesting, and having it resolved through the anime rather than through another game sounds good to me.

A whole new saga in Danganronpa is sounding better and better to me. Only real problem I have right now is with that main character. Hopefully it all works out well when the context is revealed.

GSR

Hm so the Story of the First two Games is going to end in an Anime? Weird choice

Kodaka spoke about how he was kind of burned out after the first two games and how it took writing the decidedly non-mystery DR:AE to get him ready to go back to mysteries again. I wouldn't be surprised if the sentiment amongst him/the team was that they wanted to go all-new if they were going to do another mystery game, which limited how they could wrap up the DR1/DR2 plots.

I am so for Danganronpa 3 being an anime just so that
Junko doesn't appear in V3.
Thinking of that character as a "Hope's Peak Academy" saga villain is interesting, and having it resolved through the anime rather than through another game sounds good to me.

Also, this. I know a lot of people were speculating
Monaka
from DR:AE would play a large role in DRV3, but I'm fine with anything related to
Junko
getting tied up for good.

I'm actually fine with them using an anime to wrap up the Hope's Peak saga. As long as it's not super rushed, an anime is fine. This could be a great way to let them wrap up elements from the first 3 games, letting the series move forward more easily. Glad to see that Hiro and especially Hina be getting big roles.

Loving the designs and images of V3 so far. The lying thing mentioned sounds like an interesting new twist too. Robo-Ahoge is not what I would've expected the protagonist to be at first, so that's pretty cool. Since they're moving past Hope's Peak, I'm curious how they're going to incorporate the Ultimates angle (or if they will, although I'd expect something similar at least).

Interesting bits at the end of the anime trailer:

"So, Naegi.. the fate of humanity is riding on this next round of 'mutual killing'."

"This time, it'll be the final battle between you and me!"

The language used in these (plus the background) suggests it's Monokuma speaking, though the "boku" in the latter means there's an outside chance it's
Nagito

Thanks for this.

As opposed to the third game, this could be where we see
Monaca and whatever Nagito cooked up when he went off to prepare her for the future.
Could go either way, but if they want 3 to be more "new," it would make sense.

Rich!

The first 4 I can agree with, but you opened your post with "this is what the characters of DR2 did" and that absolutely isn't the case.
I mean mass suicide for music? Where'd you get that?

Read between the lines.

That was implied too - if not outright mentioned.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So roboguy is the new mc huh? That one is new. I wonder if he has any connection with Naegi or Hinata.
maybe both of them died and their memories are implanted into new Mc

Ayyyyy glorious. I'm a bit sad DanganRonpa V3 isn't related to the first two games tho. But I guess a new story can be cool.

Unless they're trolling us :x

Rich!

Like Rich says though, it was implied. I definitely drew some of those conclusions. I mean, most of them stand pretty firm.

Yep. And he said "first four"

Well, that siholette in the panel with a machine gun is definitely Soda.

Also, Mioda's role was implied heavily. It's obvious when playing through the game again and was even outright mentioned by one of the characters.

Akane was obvious too. And the character who gave up her parents was also spelled out to the player...unless you weren't paying attention.

Yep. And he said "first four"

Well, that siholette in the panel with a machine gun is definitely Soda.

Also, Mioda's role was implied heavily. It's obvious when playing through the game again and was even outright mentioned by one of the characters.

Akane was obvious too. And the character who gave up her parents was also spelled out to the player...unless you weren't paying attention.

When was this?

PK Gaming

Read between the lines.

That was implied too.

I've read between the lines and come to similar conclusions myself (though I've seen better/more likely interpretations that go into more details).

I guess I just don't like the way you phrased your post. "This is what happened" is way too assertive. It's not accurate to say that because you're just presenting speculation as fact (even though it's likely).

I know i'm being obnoxious and nitpicky, but that's just how I roll when it comes to these sort of things.

Top Bottom