• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 Confirmed for 2016, Trailer Pics, Danganronpa 3 Anime (SPOILERS)

It's not adapting anything in particular, which is a pretty huge plus already. Any weird "game things" or rushed pacing are pretty much non-issues, since there's no change in medium.

Seiji Kishi directing is the only thing I'm really worried about. His comedy shows are usually pretty great, (Carnival Phantasm is amazing) but more serious stuff he's involved with tends to... not be great.

Yeah, Kishi is my main concern. You do raise some good points,but still with him in charge I can't help but feel cautious.

[*]DR3 was actually going to be a game with class trials, but the writers thought it would be too painful to have the Hope's Peak survivors go through killing each other again. The anime is the final chapter in the "Hope's Peak" saga.

This is amusing to see them shy away from despair right after I finish Euphoria. Clockup new king of despair!

Edit: Oh, from a storytelling standpoint? That makes sense if they think it could be redundant.

As Danganronpa 1 and 2 are likely coming to steam according to the SteamDB leak... I wonder if these are also coming to PS4 before V3 release...

Miracle

bruh

FwfZgeS.png

keanu2.gif

Am I the only one happy that we get another Danganronpa anime? :/

I'm fine with an anime as long as it's well done and not super rushed. It seems that they were ready to move on for a variety of reasons, and didn't want to make that an actual murder mystery/trial game, so if they feel it's better and more natural to tell it as an anime, then I'm open to it. It's better than forcing them to make it something they don't want.

I've seen a couple people express some concern about who they have working on it, but hopefully it's good.

FluxWaveZ

I'm looking at this:
And, combined with that developer statement, really wondering who the main character could actually be now. That ahoge seemed a bit too obvious when it first appeared on robot man, which I thought might be a bit suspicious itself.

With one of the new fundamental mechanics being based around lying, I wouldn't be surprised if the main character really hasn't been revealed, or if it's something like you play as robot man for the first half of chapter 1 until he gets killed and the perspective shifts to someone else for the rest of the game.

I'm looking at this:

And, combined with that developer statement, really wondering who the main character could actually be now. That ahoge seemed a bit too obvious when it first appeared on robot man, which I thought might be a bit suspicious itself.

With one of the new fundamental mechanics being based around lying, I wouldn't be surprised if the main character really hasn't been revealed, or if it's something like you play as robot man for the first half of chapter 1 until he gets killed and the perspective shifts to someone else for the rest of the game.

There's another person with a potential ahoge in there. Same kind that Komaru has even.

Hektor

I'm looking at this:

What does "this" mean?

Lusankya

I'm looking at this:

Also weird that the pupils in this image are separated by gender. In DR1 and DR2 there was no particular order, although the protagonists usually stood in the middle.

There's another person with a potential ahoge in there. Same kind that Komaru has even.

You mean the sixth girl from the left? Yeah, she seem to sport something similar to Koromaru's ahoge. I hope we'll get a female lead for this game.

Hektor

???

The picture

I didn't saw the characters behind the text at first. Now i feel stupid.

Also weird that the pupils in this image are separated by gender. In DR1 and DR2 there was no particular order, although the protagonists usually stood in the middle.

Maybe that got something to do with this?

[*]"Scrum Discussion" is like a team competition, where a group of people are divided into two sides to face each other. [Sounds to me kind of like the concept of a rebuttal showdown, except it's not 1v1]

FluxWaveZ

And I gotta say that the girl to the far left has reminded me of Kyoko since I saw the silhouette. I actually don't think there will be returning characters in the V3 cast, but the similarities are there...

Huh, didn't notice that at first. I'm curious to see if there's more to that going forward. The "scrum discussion" could mean that there is a gender split in one case (or more).

FluxWaveZ

Scans are out, though they naturally show nothing new. Won't check the V3 trailer again right now, but it might have a "new" screenshot that basically confirms that the elevating and rotating pedestals the Monokuma placeholders are on in the trailers during class trials is actually what happens now with the characters.

Alkolto

Neo Member
Nothing says that this order is the same one that is being used in the game. Judging by past Japanese trailers for the DR games, I feel like the reason these characters are silhouettes is because they are still just basic design concepts without completed ingame art. Both DR1 and SDR2's trailers showed off a bunch of ingame sprites of characters for a split second before we actually learned who they were. But all we've gotten from V3 so far is static screenshots of just these three characters. As such, I feel like it's pretty likely that they didn't order it this way with the intention of having the same order at the end of chapter screens. That, or as mentioned they're going out of their way to hide the protagonist (Which might be another reason for not showing the rest of the cast ingame?) which would be another reason to not give a definite order to the silhouettes.

Also, I feel like some of you might be misunderstanding the discussion scrum. When the text mentions 'teams', it's referring to two sides of an argument. As in two groups of people arguing over something, rather than just 1 against 1 like in the sword minigame in SDR2. Organizing sides of the argument by gender would be odd.

No connection to the first two (three, I guess?) games though?

Not a whole lot of us think Spike Chunsoft will actually hold to their word entirely or at least, I don't. I'm still expecting Nagito and Ultimate Despair to show up in some capacity, much as I don't want them to.

Not a whole lot of us think Spike Chunsoft will actually hold to their word entirely or at least, I don't. I'm still expecting Nagito and Ultimate Despair to show up in some capacity, much as I don't want them to.

(1&2 SPOILERS)
I just want them to move away from/ retcon the "despair ended the world" and Junko deal. I find them to be a bit TOO whimsical (like how Hinata is still Hinata at the end of SDR2) so I'd love it if this game started a new meta-plot which is darker than the previous and also makes more sense.

(1&2 SPOILERS)
I just want them to move away from/ retcon the "despair ended the world" and Junko deal. I find them to be a bit TOO whimsical (like how Hinata is still Hinata at the end of SDR2) so I'd love it if this game started a new meta-plot which is darker than the previous and also makes more sense.

I don't expect them to retcon the whole thing since not only would it make the entire series up to this point meaningless but there likely isn't an Ultimate time traveler in the DR universe or something similar.

Now moving away from it is something I'm expecting/hoping for. Even then I still think there be some leftovers since
Monica is still a thing, the anime notwithstanding.

FluxWaveZ

Now moving away from it is something I'm expecting/hoping for. Even then I still think there be some leftovers since
Monica is still a thing, the anime notwithstanding.

With DR3 taking place immediately after DR2, I wouldn't be surprised if DR:AE was involved. Because of its heavy ties to DR1, I think DR:AE would be part of the "Hope's Peak saga," which could mean stuff about DR:AE will be wrapped up in the anime as well.

Alkolto

Neo Member

I think it's pretty unlikely, actually .For one, Kodaka has mentioned that he feels restricted by the plot of the HPA arc, why would he tie back a new breathe of fresh air back to something he's tired of? Beyond that, thematically the series seems to be shifting from focusing on Despair to focusing on Lies. The game involves a different academy than Hope's Peak and they've gone out of their way to even state that the V in V3 is partially there to distinguish it from the previous storyline.

Sure, that could all be a trick. Although, more than anything it really seems like they're actually trying to move on before the formula and story gets stale.

With DR3 taking place immediately after DR2, I wouldn't be surprised if DR:AE was involved. Because of its heavy ties to DR1, I think DR:AE would be part of the "Hope's Peak saga," which could mean stuff about DR:AE will be wrapped up in the anime as well.

Prehaps.
But Unless Monica ends becoming the big bad in the anime instead of Junko yet again, I feel like they wouldn't be using Monica's character to it's potential if that makes sense.

FluxWaveZ

This week's issue of PlayStation Dengeki features an interview with producer Yoshinori Terasawa and Kazutaka Kodaka. It talks about how they're approaching the game's world from a new angle so that it's easier for new players to the series to get into.

Also, I don't know about this one, but I think the phrase on Sokuho@hokanko makes it sound like "To fans of the series, don't expect OO or something to be the mastermind."

JerkShep

I'm playing Danganronpa 2 right now, currently on Chapter 3, and I must say I'm hugely disappointed: where is my "New World Order" track? Where?!

Ok bailing out now.

Sorry for the bump, but I was wondering, now that ZTD is almost in our hands... Danganronpa V3 is supposed to release in the next 6 month... any further info on the game ? TGS ?

Sorry for the bump, but I was wondering, now that ZTD is almost in our hands... Danganronpa V3 is supposed to release in the next 6 month... any further info on the game ? TGS ?
Feels like a delay is coming.
which will probably make the wait for the localization longer ;_;

Elios83

I also guess they're planning a big update for TGS although I doubt the game will be released this year.

Top Bottom