• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm looking up my final five Shrines online. There's no way I'm going to find them otherwise.

Don't hate me, GAF. At least I found 115 of them by myself. :)

If you managed to find all 120 without help, I applaud you.

correojon

Alright, I'm looking up my final five Shrines online. There's no way I'm going to find them otherwise.

Don't hate me, GAF. At least I found 115 of them by myself. :)

I´m only missing 3 now, I intend to complete all the remaining side quests as they are taking me to places I hadn´t explored as well as I thought. Using this method I found 2 shrines yesterday, you shoudl give it a try.

takriel

Xenoblade Chronicles, Dark Souls, and Breath of the Wild are truly genre-defining and game-changing modern experiences -- in short, they are gaming done right. They are easily in my top 5.

Robin64

I knew there was a glitch with being able to spawn a 20 heart Wolf Link without having done the proper requirements in Twilight Princess, but I didn't know the specifics. Well here it is.

Just finished the game. Here's my opinion about the ending:

Boring, and yes I unlocked the extra cutscene since I got all of the 13 memories. After Skyward's and ALBW endings this one felt boring, soooo boring.

jdw_b

Hit 50 hours last night and I've done one divine beast...

Problem is I'm not exactly swimming in gear, hearts or stamina, I seem to spend my time just messing around.

Enjoying the shit out of it though

deleted

Just hit my first shrine I hate - 'Syncronised Swings' - couldn't do the first Swing. Maybe I'm missing something easy, but so far I just hate it and left it behind.

Just hit my first shrine I hate - 'Syncronised Swings' - couldn't do the first Swing. Maybe I'm missing something easy, but so far I just hate it and left it behind.

Hm? Just use magnesis, pull it towards you, jump on, jump off. Just an easy little platforming shrine.

Unless there's a second one, I've done 'Synced Swing'.

random25

75 hours o/

Any hint where is
Yiga Clan
HQ?
I *almost* explore every region (a lil bit gerudo) but still have no idea where..

If you are currently not doing Gerudo main quest, it's not really worth visiting since it will be closed.

If you're curious though, from the Gerudo tower you can paraglide north from that. If you see frog statues lying around, then you're at their territory.

deleted

Hm? Just use magnesis, pull it towards you, jump on, jump off. Just an easy little platforming shrine.

Unless there's a second one, I've done 'Synced Swing'.

Maybe I just did it wrong, but it seemed to me from the title alone that I had to jump on the first one and then on the second one to advance. One swinging forward and backward and one swinging side to side.

But I was relatively tired, so maybe I judged the distances wrong.

Maybe I just did it wrong, but it seemed to me from the title alone that I had to jump on the first one and then on the second one to advance. One swinging forward and backward and one swinging side to side.

But I was relatively tired, so maybe I judged the distances wrong.

There's a solid bit of land between them though.

jchap

Finished all shrine quests, side quests, and shrines. Started to look for more Koroks but I'm only at 205 of them x_x

C7aWzPnU4AA-bZt.jpg

[heavy breathing]

I had no idea what to expect. It was quite a magical moment.

I mounted it, went for a joy ride, then brought it back and fed him (her?) a bundle of apples. I wonder which
mouth it used to eat
lol

finally got all towers (i am just at hateno village story wise)

i find it great that you can actually do this so early in the game.

i had the most problems with
ridgeland tower since you had to have some decent bows and arrows to kill that lightning magic fuckers

finally got all towers (i am just at hateno village story wise)

i find it great that you can actually do this so early in the game.

i had the most problems with
ridgeland tower since you had to have some decent bows and arrows to kill that lightning magic fuckers

I have one tower left, not been able to spot it so far, it's on the west coast, the section above Gerudo town.

Golnei

So that surprised Goron face was in the original version of MM as well, not just the remaster. Did any of the OoT Goron NPCs do it as well?

In any case, I look forward to its future appearances.

ThankeeSai

Anyone else encounter an issue with Hestu not spawning? I met him outside Kakariko Village, then he said he would move to Korok Forest, checked there, no dice.

Never saw him for ages anywhere, so decided to check online. According to every guide I've seen, he should spawn at a specific spot at
Riverside Stables
but he hasn't spawned there.

Any ideas how to trigger it?

DonShula

I was reminded just this morning that by virtue of buying the DLC, there should be bonus chests somewhere. I bought this days ago and haven't seen them. Where are they?

Nope, the AI just sucks balls and sentries are the worst enemy to deal with in this game.

Ahh, I remember. Nah, that segment was easy and fun. Just climb up, grab the metal boxes with magnet, use dpad to bash them into sentries. Every sentry can be downed without lifting a weapon.

Deku Tree

Anyone know what triggers silver lynels? I've killed a bunch and nothing. I do have silver variants of other monsters.

I think it depends on either how many you have killed and/or where you are in the game... not sure which or both... I have killed a lot of them and I am at the end game and I have all silver lynels except for the few that never change.

My three hearts run isn't turning out to be all that compelling so I just started yet another save file on a new profile and I'm doing a literal naked run now. No clothes at all, all potions and cooking. It's really fun so far and I love that so many NPCs make remarks about my naked Link.

But I do wish that we could have multiple saves per profile and that we could name them so that I could keep track of what my main goal is on each file. I have my main save, my three hearts save and my naked save and I really don't want to confuse them.

I think it depends on either how many you have killed and/or where you are in the game... not sure which or both... I have killed a lot of them and I am at the end game and I have all silver lynels except for the few that never change.
I have two divine beast to go, saving them for later. Maybe I should taken one more down?

giapel

What's the general consensus on bugs in this game? For an open world game and especially with the amount of freedom and interactivity, it seems that there's very little of: "this needs fixing immediately"
Typical Nintendo polish?

What's the general consensus on bugs in this game? For an open world game and especially with the amount of freedom and interactivity, it seems that there's very little of: "this needs fixing immediately"
Typical Nintendo polish?

I have encountered no bugs at all, and I've played for 80 hours.

jnWake

Cleared the Goron part of the main quest yesterday. It was quite fun although I preferred the Zora section.
I liked how Mipha was still relevant in the present and how people remembered Link. On Goron City Daruk was forgotten and there wasn't much character development

I also did a really cool shrine near Goron City, called
"Blue Flame"
. By far the longest and most complex shrine I've done so far.

Golnei

Dead sentries can't spot people.
Sure would be a shame if something heavy were to fall on them. Repeatedly. With a magnet.

I didn't even consider those - since shock arrows did so little damage, I thought it wasn't worth trying. The section was essentially bomb target practice for me.

Overall, it wasn't that bad on its own; I mostly got annoyed with it when I went through to the end and only then realised that I was supposed to be
firing the cannons at Rudania
throughout the sequence, necessitating a slow walk back to the start with Bonobo getting lost every three seconds.

However, it was no substitute for
a proper Divine Beast battle
. I thought that it was all setting up
a gliding battle in the middle of the crater, with Rudania hanging onto the edges like Gomorrah at the beginning of Bayonetta 2
. Seeing it
just sprawled out there
in the cutscene afterwards was intensely disappointing; and as a result I'm much less favourably inclined towards a segment of gameplay that really isn't poorly designed on its own.

Thud

My three hearts run isn't turning out to be all that compelling so I just started yet another save file on a new profile and I'm doing a literal naked run now. No clothes at all, all potions and cooking. It's really fun so far and I love that so many NPCs make remarks about my naked Link.

But I do wish that we could have multiple saves per profile and that we could name them so that I could keep track of what my main goal is on each file. I have my main save, my three hearts save and my naked save and I really don't want to confuse them.

Yeah I hope they fix things with the next dlc.

muteki

Went ahead and finished all the towers last night, taking a big arc from the lower right of the map to the southwest corner, then up and around behind the castle. There were some close calls stamina wise where I was happy to have the +3, but all in all it was pretty easy. There is one where where you start taking cold damage way before you get to it, probably the most difficult for me.

Also discovered diamonds are worth quite a bit of rupees and I had quite a few of them, plus a relatively easy way to get more. Bought up all the armor I knew about and upgraded most of it to level 1 or two, so I don't feel too underleveled armor wise anymore.

In general I really enjoy how there are usually one or two people at stables that give you a hint to something cool nearby.

Still haven't done any more shrines, though I've probably marked another 20 or so on my map in the process of all the other things. I'll get back to it at some point.

DonShula

Typical Nintendo polish?

If there are bugs I haven't seen them yet.

Kyzon

Anyone else encounter an issue with Hestu not spawning? I met him outside Kakariko Village, then he said he would move to Korok Forest, checked there, no dice.

Never saw him for ages anywhere, so decided to check online. According to every guide I've seen, he should spawn at a specific spot at
Riverside Stables
but he hasn't spawned there.

Any ideas how to trigger it?

He got lost on the way.

Typical Nintendo polish?

I played over 50 hours and I haven't encountered one single bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom