• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Tenshi

Neo Member
Let. Me. Dream.

Ignorance is a bliss sometimes =(

Hatsune Miku arcade doesn't have any GUMI songs like Matryoshka ? I personally like that one a lot so I was expecting at least for them to have a couple of songs with her on it >.>

GUMI deserves a solo game that it's well done >.>

I feel your pain. At least we'll always have her inclusion in Project Mirai. To bad ParaPhray screwed up GUMI's one (and probably only) chance at a good solo game with "Megpoid the Music♯". >.>

But anyway, yay for FT finally getting our hands on FT!

Andrefpvs

Going to believe in SEGA for a little longer and wait for a possible Western announcement.

If some time after Project Diva X releases we still have no news, time to get those PSN cards, I suppose...

akileese

Woah I didn't know this was out so soon, where and how is it the easiest way of buying this?? Or easiest way of getting JPN psn pre paid cards??? I already have a JPN account.

Play-Asia sells digital PSN cards with like, a $3 mark up. 3000 yen is 31.99 american right now. I bought 3 of them and then loaded them on through the web where I bought the game (didn't want to have to navigate the Japanese store). Mine is preloading now!

It should show up in your library as well as long as your account is on your PS4.

Play-Asia sells digital PSN cards with like, a $3 mark up. 3000 yen is 31.99 american right now. I bought 3 of them and then loaded them on through the web where I bought the game (didn't want to have to navigate the Japanese store). Mine is preloading now!

It should show up in your library as well as long as your account is on your PS4.

Thanks!! I'll be picking up some cards when I get home.

miku

9 hours left!

BMEqAcF.jpg

I'm marking this day by importing the Project Diva X soundtrack - not really the right thread, but the soundtracks that got released for Project Diva Arcade are kind of random and outdated.

...What would you buy if you wanted all the music in this game? All the Complete Collections and Song Collections for the previous games, to start, but that still leaves a huge chunk to be pieced together.

Jhn

Jesus christ those gifs look intense.
It feels like it's going to take some time to rewire your brain from the console mechanics to the new arcade stuff.

Awww....everybody hates KAITO? But I love him... (;_;)

I'm really looking forward to reviews on the control system. I don't have a PS4 yet, but I'll be getting one later this year for Persona 5 and Miku!

Unlock time is perfectly timed for the early evening in EU :)

Do you guys think it will be necessary to re-bind button combinations on the DS4? Shouldn't some kind of claw grip work just as well?

Also awesome OT from miku herself!

Oh god what have I gotten myself into

SHarris78

Jesus christ those gifs look intense.
It feels like it's going to take some time to rewire your brain from the console mechanics to the new arcade stuff.

I'm someone who struggles on the hard setting, so these gifs are terrifying!

Awww....everybody hates KAITO? But I love him... (;_;)

I'm really looking forward to reviews on the control system. I don't have a PS4 yet, but I'll be getting one later this year for Persona 5 and Miku!

I don't hate Kaito.

I just love him less than Miku, Rin, Luka, Len and Meiko.

macklelol

Downloading the game now, would've had it downloaded earlier but I forgot that there was a recent PS4 update lol. Really excited to play this later. Also, a great OT!

ChrisD

Going to believe in SEGA for a little longer and wait for a possible Western announcement.

If some time after Project Diva X releases we still have no news, time to get those PSN cards, I suppose...

It's completely futile, and I'm strongly on the side with everyone else now in that the game won't get localized... But I'm still waiting regardless, because I want the PS4 Diva X controller to play this. I know it's not as good as that older, big arcade pad, but it's still something I'm more used to for Diva Arcade.

Still gonna' download Prelude as soon as I wake up. Excited just to see the game running on a Home Console!

Tenshi

Neo Member
Excited just to see the game running on a Home Console!

This is something I've always wanted to see realized every since the PS4 launched. I don't think I can fully express how happy I am to see this actually happening. Cheers to everyone who is supporting this release, and let the music play.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
This is more of a technical question regarding controllers (So perhaps StarCreator?), but I'm hoping I can get some clarification on this so I can get over this sooner rather than later.

I happen to be one of the fortunate owners of this little beauty, and it would be an absolute dream to play the DIVA Arcade game with the DIVA Arcade controller.
DIVAhaulfinal_zps837577c1.jpg

Since my PS4 is currently inoperable and out for repairs, I can't test this myself, but would the PS4 be able to detect this as a controller and be used with Future Tone?

If I'm not able to use it, I understand entirely; it was several years ago and I'm not owed anything, even if it cost a small fortune; plus it looks like the robust configuration options are more than enough as being a suitable substitute. Still, it's nice to dream. ;_;

This will still be a must-buy once my PS4 arrives back from repair; I have a score to settle with Gekishou once and for all. Bring on the hype!

Liethe

This would be 85.81 € using playasia... But as someone who dislikes the style of the non-arcade miku-models it's the first chance for something new since Dreamy Theater for me. And there's tons of content. The end-all be-all Miku game basically. dammit..

This is more of a technical question regarding controllers (So perhaps StarCreator?), but I'm hoping I can get some clarification on this so I can get over this sooner rather than later.

I happen to be one of the fortunate owners of this little beauty, and it would be an absolute dream to play the DIVA Arcade game with the DIVA Arcade controller.

Since my PS4 is currently inoperable and out for repairs, I can't test this myself, but would the PS4 be able to detect this as a controller and be used with Future Tone?

If I'm not able to use it, I understand entirely; it was several years ago and I'm not owed anything, even if it cost a small fortune; plus it looks like the robust configuration options are more than enough as being a suitable substitute. Still, it's nice to dream. ;_;
On the system level, PS3 controllers are not supported. However, it is possible to code in support for PS3 controllers at the game level. Several fighting games include such support, but this is a game by game thing; short of them announcing it beforehand there's no way to know if a specific game will do it until someone is able to try it.

There are other workarounds, of course. The Titan One is a pass through device that forces compatibility, though with a caveat: there is a ten minute time limit for unauthenticated PS4 controllers. I believe it is possible to pair a DS4 with the Titan One to get around it though.

Regarding PS4 controllers, is there any reason why the new Street Fighter V fight sticks wouldn't work with this game?
No real reason, besides not being optimal for obvious reasons.

Excited to play, I hope menus are not too confusing since I can't read Japanese.
Preloaded on my PS4.
Though it will unlock in the middle of my work day :/

Kumubou

No real reason, besides not being optimal for obvious reasons.
I think it'll work better than you think. Personally, I plan on using a stick and remapping buttons so that the bottom row lines up with the arcade layout and the top row for left/right slides. There's no way to know what button does what short of memorizing the button order, but from my experience playing the arcade version you have to do that anyway.

muteki

I think it'll work better than you think. Personally, I plan on using a stick and remapping buttons so that the bottom row lines up with the arcade layout and the top row for left/right slides. There's no way to know what button does what short of memorizing the button order, but from my experience playing the arcade version you have to do that anyway.
I'm going to try this too, just to see how it goes. I don't expect it to be amazing as my stick is pretty cheap but might be fun just to see. Watching people play more complex charts on the arcade layout I can see the disadvantages of a regular PS4 controller.

Unlock is in the middle of my workday, plan on running home during lunch. I will probably be spending most of the time decoding my tv's settings though.

yyr

Regarding the purchase of PSN JP prepaid credit at Play-Asia:

If you already have some in your wallet, the 5000 yen code is only $50.00 US right now (virtually no markup). But limit is 1 per customer.

What I did was buy a 10000 yen code for $103.99. Smaller markup than buying three 3000 yen codes, plus you have some credit left over. This isn't useless, as they have hinted at additional DLC (my assumption is that we'll be given anything added to the arcade game, perhaps after a delay).

Naturally, I'm showing at a convention this weekend and I've got tons of prep to do, so I won't be able to play until next week, argh. I'll probably fire it up for a song or two tonight though.

How does one download the themes? I didn't select the correct thing (Download All) after purchase, so I initiated the game download from Library.

How does one download the themes? I didn't select the correct thing (Download All) after purchase, so I initiated the game download from Library.

Go to the theme settings on PS4 while logged into your JP account, they should be there.

yyr

Go to the theme settings on PS4 while logged into your JP account, they should be there.

I'll try it later. Thanks =)

I would consider buying this if it wasn't going to cost me goddamn $103 to buy a 10,000 yen card. =(

You're getting an arcade-perfect game with over 200 songs. The price is more than fair. And, the markup on the prepaid card, compared to current exchange rates, is about $8.50...not a whole lot, when you think about how expensive importing used to be.

Another option is to buy a 5000, a 3000 and a 1000 yen code. Your total investment is $94 instead of $104, but you'll have less left over for DLC later, and you're paying the exact same amount of markup.

SHarris78

Just been watching the 'Future Tone mechanics' video on YouTube, am I right in thinking there are no notes in the game that you HAVE to hold a button/buttons down for and that they are only there to gain more points.

Didn't realise the control scheme was so much different to the console/handheld version.

Just going to say that' i'm at work so i can't play ( forgot to activate remote play )

Enjoy it miku fans i'll be joining you all in a couple of hours

raven777

any disadvantages for playing this with non-Japanese account?

When future DLC packs come out, I can just buy them from JP account, and play them with other account I assume?

muteki

Oh good, the "Melody Icon" setting lets you change from the default left/up/X/circle icon set it seems.
Yeah, it really seems like they put in a lot of effort to make the controls as flexible as possible.

I never would have thought to use the gyro for the slide notes, and while it doesn't sound too natural they let you use the touch pad too.

When future DLC packs come out, I can just buy them from JP account, and play them with other account I assume?
I believe you should have access to DLC on all PS4 accounts, though there are a few instances I believe with particular games where it has been locked down before (SFV I think), it is not locked by the platform.

If the price is too extreme for you you can also just buy one of the packs with one 5000 card for now.

Yeah, the only thing that will not work is if they have some kind of premium in-game currency that's needed to buy DLC like with DOAX3. I hope that won't be the case. Normal DLC will work, as the two song packs are also technically DLC for Prelude.

raven777

Yeah, it really seems like they put in a lot of effort to make the controls as flexible as possible.

I never would have thought to use the gyro for the slide notes, and while it doesn't sound too natural they let you use the touch pad too.

I believe you should have access to DLC on all PS4 accounts, though there are a few instances I believe with particular games where it has been locked down before (SFV I think), it is not locked by the platform.

If the price is too extreme for you you can also just buy one of the packs with one 5000 card for now.

Yeah, the only thing that will not work is if they have some kind of premium in-game currency that's needed to buy DLC like with DOAX3. I hope that won't be the case. Normal DLC will work, as the two song packs are also technically DLC for Prelude.

got it. hope they don't do stupid region locking for DLC stuff..

Top Bottom