• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

gibbsy24

Not bad at all! If FT had a physical release, I'd expect the boxart to look really similar to that.

Are you a graphic designer?
Thanks! I'm still sad it never got physical release so I want to get this printed and put it in an empty case.

I'm no graphic designer, this is the first one I've done!

Fixed typo, added a tad more flavor :)
8FEdhdP.jpg

cj_iwakura

Thanks! I'm still sad it never got physical release so I want to get this printed and put it in an empty case.

I'm no graphic designer, this is the first one I've done!

Did a little more work on it this morning. Made text more readable and added a gradient to the spine.
idZy4B3.jpg

Not to nitpick, but you misspelled 'hundreds'. Very nice though.

zMiiChy-

Banned
My heart hurts from all the tension...
nSXkCXv.jpg

Does anyone here still play this game?
It's my favorite game on the PS4, easily!

Also, I'd but that cover - good job!

i still play... Whats holding me back though is my set up.
Been playing with arcade stick but I have to use my backup which is the hori fighting stick mini.
Problem is that it only works so much, the buttons are not very good they jiggle a bit and have a long press down.
I do have a ps3 stick that is perfect but it does not work for this game :(
Thinking of getting an adapter but scared of any added input lag.

Skyless

Neo Member
Playing it a couple of hours a week. I am currently thinking about committing myself to get better on extreme. Currently I am failing 90% of every 8* stage and clear 90% of every 7.5* stage on extreme. So there is a huge skill gap at the moment but I don't know if I want to invest the time or play on hard instead.

My heart hurts from all the tension...
nSXkCXv.jpg

Does anyone here still play this game?
It's my favorite game on the PS4, easily!

Also, I'd but that cover - good job!
Damn, kudos. I've been working on this song for ages, 93% is the highest I've got so far.
Cleared Den Paradigm recently so I've only got Intense Voice left on extreme to clear, but the last part of the song is killer. Up to 140 perfects though. \o/ Taking a break to play another game and then I'll be back to it.

Kumubou

I've been slowly chipping away at the game (again) with the US release, trying to hit rank 39/39. Have to get a lot of Perfects on Extreme to manage that, though. -_-

One dumb accomplishment I managed, though:

Rank 1 is 22 points ahead of this, womp womp

how is this game with an arcade stick as opposed to the DS4? my DS4 buttons are too squishy and seem to get stuck :/
You can play the game fine with an arcade stick (I've done it a fair bit), just be aware that inputting buttons fast enough for the highest level songs can be a bit of a challenge. The charts were made with the arcade cabinet buttons in mind, which are big enough to strum with both hands and also have very little travel. DS4 players work around this easily enough being able to use two or more buttons per input, but you're kind of out of luck with a stick.

Chorazin

Pre-orders for regular and limited edition DX are up on amazon.jp with shipping to US.

What does it even come with, some CDs? Man, I love Miku but $130 is not what I want to pay. I'll hold out hope for the DX stuff to get released here as an update/DLC.

What does it even come with, some CDs? Man, I love Miku but $130 is not what I want to pay. I'll hold out hope for the DX stuff to get released here as an update/DLC.

3 Blu-ray discs with what seems like the in-game music videos from the entire Project Diva series, and a box with KEI artwork albeit from the cover of Project Diva X.

muteki

I don't see enough here that would make me get a physical copy but nice to see it getting a physical release and I'm happy it is there for the future.

cuilan

This is the hardest song I've been able to get a perfect on so far. I'm not very good, so the jump from Hard to Extreme feels massive to me. Maybe I could handle it with a Diva Arcade controller.

So does that confirm that Ghost Rule is literally the only new song this adds? And I guess we have no mention of whether we're getting the physical release here?

Roubjon

I booted this up again last night randomly and it was so fun. What I don't understand is why I really never get much better at this. I've been playing the Project Diva games since the series started and I feel like my skill level has capped in this one at being able to clear almost all Extreme songs. Something about the charts themselves seem way more difficult than the previous entries.

Shin

Banned
Those outfits in the OP are beautiful as hell, how do you get them though?
Can you only play as Miku or each individual character listed in the first post and/or change their outfit?

The basic game is free on PSN, there's a handful of add-ons though which is confusing.

gibbsy24

Those outfits in the OP are beautiful as hell, how do you get them though?
Can you only play as Miku or each individual character listed in the first post and/or change their outfit?

The basic game is free on PSN, there's a handful of add-ons though which is confusing.

The base download is more of a demo than anything. Colorful Tone and Future Sound are the two big song packs, they include separate outfits (modules) as well. You can change the character model, outfit and hairstyle for each song, but the vocals will stay the same.

Roubjon

It's nuts to me that I bought this a year ago and I'm still playing new songs and charts for the first time. Talk about a ridiculous value. I'm also having one of those days where I beat all of my old highscores and I got better at the game some how.

Finally bought the game through the EU PSN sale that's going on right now :3

I played F and F 2nd on Vita, so I know how the gameplay works, but there's still a lot of songs for me to discover!

Luigi87

Finally decided to double-dip and grab the NA version. Grabbed the bundle as I never got Colorful Sound in the JP version.

Also rewired the controller I built last year, as due to the way I wired it last year the wires were too tight and thus pulled on the microswitches (making the Circle button notorious for missing notes), but that's all fixed up now.

FireCloud

PS4 Pro support is coming (probably this December) to Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone via update:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&hl=en&u=http://info.miku.sega.jp/13057

Pro support is already built in in the packaged DX version.

My Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone got updated today. Says Pro support added. The game no longer warns about not being able to make high resolution captures when it starts now. Haven't noticed anything else so far.

Zambayoshi

Good to know, thanks! I've only played about 60% of the songs so far... My biggest problem is the jump from hard to extreme, particularly as it requires mapping and I tend to panic when I see three-note presses.

Zambayoshi

Did they remove Challenge Time or is my game bugged? I no longer see the black bars during CT on any song.

I've seen challenge time on easy (and normal?) but can't remember seeing it on hard/extreme. Maybe something to do with difficulty level (just my wild guess)?

Top Bottom