• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

And something I find quite weird is that I'm not sure if X is waaaay easier but I can do well enough on extreme and even perfect some songs but on Future Tone I'm having so much trouble to even get excellent on hard and on extreme songs are just impossible.

X is way easier. FT's charts weren't even made for the PS4 controller layout in the first place and the grading system puts a lot of emphasis on points and combos, like you could get just a few safes on a song and still only get a Great.

Had the chance to play a couple songs that didn't make it to the PS4 game:

sSwohB6.png
This was pretty fun, even if I chickened out of doing it on Extreme, since...

... I'm still really bad at this game.

Jucksalbe

Banned
The third DLC pack is coming March 9th (in Japan). Included tracks are Piano x Forte x Scandal, Hibikase, Amatsukitsune and 1925. Plus some modules and other stuff.

Gematsu

I like both Amatsukitsune and 1925. Never heard Hibikase, but from listening to it on YouTube that doesn't sound like I'd like it. lol
Anyway, good pack for me. I wonder if this is really the end of the DLC releases.

The third DLC pack is coming March 9th (in Japan). Included tracks are Piano x Forte x Scandal, Hibikase, Amatsukitsune and 1925. Plus some modules and other stuff.

Gematsu

I like both Amatsukitsune and 1925. Never heard Hibikase, but from listening to it on YouTube that doesn't sound like I'd like it. lol
Anyway, good pack for me. I wonder if this is really the end of the DLC releases.
I think with this the PS4 version has fully caught up with content from Arcade. Future releases probably depend on if Arcade adds more content down the line, and it'll certainly be a longer wait for it if it does.

muteki

I guess if they were going to keep up the usual cadence for arcade additions we should see new tracks announced for February but not too many days left...

Zenaku

Anyone got any advice for lag settings? Borrowed the monitor I normally use to family, so my only option is my capture card that has about 3-4 fame lag. X HD plays and feels fine around +50, but nothing feels precise in FT.

Anyone got any advice for lag settings? Borrowed the monitor I normally use to family, so my only option is my capture card that has about 3-4 fame lag. X HD plays and feels fine around +50, but nothing feels precise in FT.

You're basically SOL in FT. The lag calibration is worthless in this game.

The best possible results are using a somewhat lagless audio source (the headphone port on the DS4 suffices) and relying on positive adjustment numbers. Which isn't the way it should work, but it's what we got.

Zenaku

You're basically SOL in FT. The lag calibration is worthless in this game.

The best possible results are using a somewhat lagless audio source (the headphone port on the DS4 suffices) and relying on positive adjustment numbers. Which isn't the way it should work, but it's what we got.
I've tried your way and found it was near unplayable, but setting the adjustment to -65 (my capture card has about 65 frames of lag according to the manufacturer) has the game feeling really good, though I'll probably play with the adjustment slightly.

Tested it on AgeAge normal just to see if the timing was ok and got 101.14% (92% with it set to -60).

I don't really like using DS4 audio though, since I have a really good pair of headphones and have a minicon (have to set it to a guest account, and the audio volume is fairly low). Anyone have a good usb sound card or other option with low or no latency? Price isn't a big issue.

Kumubou

I've tried your way and found it was near unplayable, but setting the adjustment to -65 (my capture card has about 65 frames of lag according to the manufacturer) has the game feeling really good, though I'll probably play with the adjustment slightly.

Tested it on AgeAge normal just to see if the timing was ok and got 101.14% (92% with it set to -60).

I don't really like using DS4 audio though, since I have a really good pair of headphones and have a minicon (have to set it to a guest account, and the audio volume is fairly low). Anyone have a good usb sound card or other option with low or no latency? Price isn't a big issue.
If you're playing through the capture card, I would advise getting an HDMI splitter and running one feed into the capture card and the other into your monitor or TV. (And don't forget that the display itself will add its own input lag). Yoh can then avoid the additional input delay from the capture card. StarCreator's suggestion only works well if the end display lag is fairly low, as it syncs the games audio to when you are seeing the inputs. What you did instead is sync up the game audio to what you're seeing after the induced input delay, but you're probably hitting everything 3-4 frames before you actually see the markers line up (which would be enough to put you out of the cool window).

In short: Input delay is a bitch, and this game doesn't do a very good job of letting players adjust for it. :<

zMiiChy-

Banned
Not sure exactly what you're referring to. The 2nd pack just launched in NA yesterday and EU today, apparently. The 3rd pack also launches today in JP, and next month for every other region.
I'm sorry, I should have clarified fare better.

I own the Season Pass for the Japanese version, and am eagerly awaiting for the third DLC pack to release.

I want to play to play Hibikase the very hour I can ^~^

I'm sorry, I should have clarified fare better.

I own the Season Pass for the Japanese version, and am eagerly awaiting for the third DLC pack to release.

I want to play to play Hibikase the very hour I can ^~^

Oh, OK. I'd expect it to drop in the next 5-9 hours.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, the second pack is super solid. Hadn't heard Hand in Hand before...so good!

Is there any reason why GUMI hasn't had any proper representation in the games besides Mirai DX? Is there a licensing issue, or is there no actual good 3D model for her? I remember they had a tour with her a few years ago, but it was kinda...iffy looking. Guess the best we can hope for is a Mirai DX sequel?

the things I'd do to play the likes of Love-Colored Comics and The Boy and the Magic Robot in Future Tone

Mandelbo

Oh *come on*, I'm less than ¥100 short of the price of DLC3. I can't really justify buying another prepaid card at the moment so I suppose it'll just have to wait until next month :/

Dang, the second pack is super solid. Hadn't heard Hand in Hand before...so good!

Is there any reason why GUMI hasn't had any proper representation in the games besides Mirai DX? Is there a licensing issue, or is there no actual good 3D model for her? I remember they had a tour with her a few years ago, but it was kinda...iffy looking. Guess the best we can hope for is a Mirai DX sequel?

the things I'd do to play the likes of Love-Colored Comics and The Boy and the Magic Robot in Future Tone
It's been brought up before, but GUMI is Internet Co. and not Crypton Future Media. They were obviously not adverse to her making a limited guest appearance in Project mirai, but so far she has not appeared in any other game using Crypton's license.

Yeah I just tried out the new ex extreme charts. Some of them are a nightmare. Fast triple notes. >.< And then there's Requiem for the Phantasma which is fairly simple for half the song and then becomes suddenly confusing, lol.

macklelol

Finally got around to trying out some of the stuff in the 3rd DLC pack. Some of these Extra Extreme charts are a bit too much for me right now. Probably doesn't help I haven't played any Future Tone in like a month lol.

ArchAngel

Finally cleared every song today and just got the trophy for Colorful Tone, not Future Sound. And I don't know how to trigger it, as every song is at least G or E :(

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
Im so glad I got this on release. Its an amazing game that makes me wish sometimes I got the Project Diva X gamepad beforehand. Some of these songs are just nuts but I cant stop playing them.

Dinosur

Finally cleared every song today and just got the trophy for Colorful Tone, not Future Sound. And I don't know how to trigger it, as every song is at least G or E :(

Same thing happened to me. I know someone said the dlc accidentally counts towards the progression, but my CT trophy unlocked with around ten of its songs unplayed but FT still made me complete every single song. Not that I'm complaining, just thought it was weird.

muteki

Lag calibration in FT seems the same as in other PD games, unless I'm missing something.

It is still rubbish, but the same as what we are used to, iirc.

The offset setting in Project Diva F and F 2nd, at least, has always worked fine for me. I know from professional reviews that my projector has 22-23 milliseconds of latency—I set it to 22 and everything feels right.

Mind you, part of why this works is I get audio output from the projector, which keeps audio and video and sync.

KanameYuuki

xUfK5qq.png

Another one in the bag, grinding for X plat wasn't that fun at all with so many modules to unlock and 224 songs is a lot after completing this journey, now i just have to wait for all the songs from the season pass to release so I can check if I should buy it or not.

xUfK5qq.png

Another one in the bag, grinding for X plat wasn't that fun at all with so many modules to unlock and 224 songs is a lot after completing this journey, now i just have to wait for all the songs from the season pass to release so I can check if I should buy it or not.

You're much stronger than I am for being able to plat X. That game completely broke my resolve.

As for the season pass, IIRC the remaining songs covered in that are 1925, Amatsu Kitsune/Celestial Fox, Piano x Forte x Scandal, and Hibikase. It's well worth getting imo.

KanameYuuki

It truly was a test of will, I'm surprised it is a 1% rarity, with that grind one would think it would be more rare.

And I have never heard those songs besides Hibikase, guess its worth just from that song alone.

zMiiChy-

Banned
Does anyone know a reliable way to stream this game without audio cuts?

I've been getting better and wanted to try streaming but I doubt anyone wants to watch a video with only button sounds.

Intel_89

Does anyone know a reliable way to stream this game without audio cuts?

I've been getting better and wanted to try streaming but I doubt anyone wants to watch a video with only button sounds.

Get a decent headset with a long enough cord, stick it near your speakers with the mic turned on and play that way. The mic will pick up the sound coming from the TV and pass it to the stream audio, there isn't a noticeable delay.

It's a stupid set up but I've tried it multiple times on Twitch and my broadcasts weren't copyright claimed nor was I banned from Twitch, sound quality was decent enough. The only drawback is that people will hear the inputs twice, one coming from the game and the other coming from the TV with the rest of the audio.

The third encore pack has been released, to no fanfare whatsoever. This is the same pack the Japanese version got last month, so all versions worldwide are now at parity.

Season pass holders should wait, as the pricing doesn't reflect season pass ownership again.

Top Bottom