• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. 3DS Rom Dump Contains Evidence of DLC Plans

Hatchtag

Banned
shadow_moses_islandcgsrv.jpg

Honestly one of the better stages in Brawl. Would gladly welcome it back, though I'd hope they'd give us a new stage for Snake too.

Dr. Buni

Yay DLC stages. I love stages in Smash. I hope it is not old stages returning as DLC, though. Same goes to DLC characters, give me newcomers, not cut veterans.

Interesting .... maybe some WiiU Stages ?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Would fit into the whole "connecting the games unlocks characters" thing too.

Otherwise...
Rhythm Heaven
New DKC stage
New Metroid stage
Pokefloats? Cerulean Cave?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
After MK8's DLC, I'd be surprised if Smash didn't get anything.

Stages are a given, characters are a likelihood. I doubt Snake will make it back in, sorry guys.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah, I fully expect DLC for this game, evidence or not. Nintendo wouldn't pass up on the chance! Although maybe it's something that's triggered by connecting the Wii U version too :p

Penguin

I mean probably DLC, but couldn't it also be a way to get some custom stages if Wii U version still has the stage-builder function?

Yeah, I fully expect DLC for this game, evidence or not. Nintendo wouldn't pass up on the chance! Although maybe it's something that's triggered by connecting the Wii U version too :p

Most likely wishful thinking on my part, but it would be very cool that, by connecting the 3ds and wii u versions together, you get some dlc characters/stages. Would be a nice way to introduce/reward people who buy both versions.
Snake, Chorus Kids, Lucas, and Ridley for buying both

Yay DLC stages. I love stages in Smash. I hope it is not old stages returning as DLC, though. Same goes to DLC characters, give me newcomers, not cut veterans.

Fuck that. No newcomers until I get Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Wolf and Lucas back.

Anth0ny

I thought it was pretty obvious when there was a suspicious, blank space at the bottom right corner of the stage select screen after unlocking all the stages. A "next page" button will appear there once the stage DLC is released.

Kyari

A lot of this could also be dummied out/removed content. Brawl has a ton of stuff like that too, there were several characters that had calls in the dump of the dump of the game that never materialised. Roy, Mewtwo, Toon Zelda/Sheik, Dixie Kong, Dr Mario and Plusle/Minun were all referenced in the scripting of the game.

Snake has to lead the dlc pack, I wouldn't buy it for Lucas or Wolf

Smash Solid Snake dlc featuring others

>:)

So 3DS can handle ice climbers now?

Jawmuncher

Snake has to lead the dlc pack, I wouldn't buy it for Lucas or Wolf

Smash Solid Snake dlc featuring others

>:)

So 3DS can handle ice climbers now?

On any game that has offered it the third party character always sells the best. Hopefully that means something to Nintendo.

Javier

Newcomer DLC should be obvious.

qSYBKi4.png

Release it right before Splatoon comes out. Would be some great cross-promotion.

I'd love to see the alt costume system explored more. It's only used for two characters.

Imagine:
Alt Character Pack
Comes with an alt character costumes for several characters including new sound effects, new crowd cheers and a new announcer line. Includes 8 alt colors for each costume.

Megaman: Bass
Sonic: Metal Sonic
Mario: Metal Mario
Lucina: Roy (with cosmetic fire particles)
Buying this pack also adds 4 additional colors for Olimar and 4 for Alph.

Jawmuncher

I'd love to see the alt costume system explored more. It's only used for two characters.

Imagine:
Alt Character Pack
Comes with an alt character costumes for several characters including new sound effects, new crowd cheers and a new announcer line. Includes 8 alt colors for each costume.

Megaman: Bass
Sonic: Metal Sonic
Mario: Metal Mario
Lucina: Roy (with cosmetic fire particles)
Buying this pack also adds 4 additional colors for Olimar and 4 for Alph.

The laziest alt they could bother with.

Servbot24

Banned
Isn't there a stage builder? I would imagine you can transfer stages from your friends, that could be what it's referring to.

Top Bottom