• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. 3DS Rom Dump Contains Evidence of DLC Plans

But maybe system exclusive DLC characters, right? right?
Yeah, because Sakurai created the same roster for both systems just to then not have the same roster for both systems. Keep dreaming, Ice Climbers are gone.

If there is DLC I do wonder what approach they will take. I really hope its moslty newcomers and I hope its lots of them. Maybe like 8-10 in three or four years time.
Now I'm dreaming.

Also its really puzzling why everyone thinks there will be new characters at WiiU launch. It makes sense from a hype perspective but the WiiU version will at most launch only a couple months after 3DS. Don't really see how they can squeeze more characters and stages for both version in such a short time. It'll probably be mid to late 2015 before any DLC hits.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's not really an arbitrary rule. Snake would not have even been in Smash if Kojima's song didn't whine about wanting to use him.... Kojima's son is the reason he is in Smash, not because the character was actually worthy to join. There isn't so much an arbitrary rule as it's more so a "Why.... is Snake... of all potential 3rd Party reps.... being chosen?"

Delicious Snake haters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since this is a Nintendo cross-over, the in-game shop should be run by the e-Shop bag, the Streetplaza Bunny and the Buy Somethin' Will Ya bloke from Zelda.

Scoop-Li

Sorry if this has already been discussed. A long time ago, wasn't something found in regards to a listing posted to gather help for a "Super Smash Bros 6" project? There was confusion as to why it would be labeled 6 when the 3DS and Wii U versions could be labeled the fourth and fifth in the series. Maybe they were ultimately gathering a team to secretly work on DLC? If that were the case, wasn't it long enough ago for the DLC to probably be released sooner than expected?

Jawmuncher

Baby Snake? Perfect.

00_113_1.jpg

I'll take it.

Sponge

Banned
Newcomer DLC should be obvious.

qSYBKi4.png

Release it right before Splatoon comes out. Would be some great cross-promotion.

If not, they'll definitely be in Smash 5. Inklings are creations of EAD, so it's much easier for them to get into the game.

SoulUnison

Banned
I wouldnt mind the Rabbids being in as a Trophy. Like Nintendo dogs they would just there annoying and hiding the battlefield yelling AHHHHH

God, no. I hate the Nintendogs AT so much. It wasn't so bad in Brawl, but on a handheld it's maddening.

Delicious Snake haters.

I'd give my life
Not for honor, but for you!
In my time there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you!
I'm still in a dream,
Snake Hater!

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

More 3DS games that use in-game stores for their DLC instead of the eShop.

I'm pretty sure all 3DS games need their own shop to do it? I have yet to encounter a game with DLC on the eShop that when you click it doesn't try to redirect you to the game itself. Hell, New Super Mario Bros. 2 doesn't even list its DLC in the eShop page, it's only accessible at all through the game's store

Thorakai

i hope sakurai uncovered the vodoo magic he needs to include the ice climbers. that is all that i need for this roster to be perfect.

Mariolee

We're powerless to resist. Plus I assume it will be priced very appropriately

If it's anything like Mario Kart 8's, we're in for a doozy. Of course it'll probably be significantly fewer characters and stages due to balancing issues and whatnot, but still.

Velcro Fly

We're powerless to resist. Plus I assume it will be priced very appropriately

smash is probably one of the only games where I'd buy costume DLC too. and you know any fighter/stage people are going to flock to it. we've got a robust roster i feel and i wouldn't at all feel cheated if a few months from now DLC happened

Uh, he is thinking very clearly:
MGSV_Ground_Zeroes_boxart.jpg
MGS5_TPP_E3_2014_main_imagery.jpg

Pac-Man just released a game on Wii U and 3DS, and is about to release a sequel to that game in a few weeks, again, on Wii U and 3DS. Show me the last new and original Metal Gear Solid game that was released on Nintendo hardware.

It's not really an arbitrary rule. Snake would not have even been in Smash if Kojima's song didn't whine about wanting to use him.... Kojima's son is the reason he is in Smash, not because the character was actually worthy to join. There isn't so much an arbitrary rule as it's more so a "Why.... is Snake... of all potential 3rd Party reps.... being chosen?"
There are a lot of dead franchises that have graced Nintendo platforms but are included in the roster. MGS had a couple of games on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo, GC, and the 3DS. I don't see why MGS doesn't deserve a spot. And it's not about what a franchise did or didn't do for Nintendo -- it's about what makes a character popular and what Sakurai considers interesting. You can moan and whine and curse all you want but Sakurai deserves to be in the game....

Servbot24

Banned
Smash 5 in 5 years from now

Lol I'll be 30 0_o shit

It'd be cool if we got dlc characters every year though

woah me too

With games like Smash or Gran Turismo or Little Big Planet and what have you I really just want one core game that's supported forever with DLC, no need to keep selling us the same core game

I'm not too upset about Snake getting cut (not to a point where it's a dealbreaker anyway) but let's not pretend like there's any logic to who gets put in Smash Bros. outside of main series reps like Mario, Link, DK etc

I hope he comes back as DLC... along with Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, Impa, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, and Chorus Men. You know, the whole gang.

Clefargle

woah me too

With games like Smash or Gran Turismo or Little Big Planet and what have you I really just want one core game that's supported forever with DLC, no need to keep selling us the same core game

Oh shit, me three... Let's all party up and kick all the other 30 year old asses.

Top Bottom