• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. 3DS Rom Dump Contains Evidence of DLC Plans

Zubz

Banned
I wouldnt mind the Rabbids being in as a Trophy. Like Nintendo dogs they would just there annoying and hiding the battlefield yelling AHHHHH

I wouldn't even want that...

But I would be cool with Palette Swap/Alt DLC.

And apparently the Rayman trophy's no longer in the 3DS version? Somehow?

Hatchtag

Banned
Was it ever? We only ever saw Wii U shots of it.

Nah. The official Rayman Facebook page, who posted a different version of the trophy, said 3DS and Wii U. But that was almost certainly just a miscommunication.

HOWEVER, there were two cut trophies-Tharja and someone else. And I don't believe we ever learned who the other one was.

Couldn't that just be for updates or something?
It specifically calls it an "in-game shop." Not sure why you would need to "shop" for updates.

Read the op but didnt see any mention of it... Are there any dlc character names in those files?
No. There's some mentions of cut characters from Brawl, but that includes the Metal Alloy enemies, so it's almost certainly just ported data from Brawl.

Zubz

Banned
Nah. The official Rayman Facebook page, who posted a different version of the trophy, said 3DS and Wii U. But that was almost certainly just a miscommunication.

HOWEVER, there were two cut trophies-Tharja and someone else. And I don't believe we ever learned who the other one was.

The Facebook picture looked to be of a lower resolution, so I just thought it was the 3DS Trophy, too. Then again, a whole slew of Wonderful 101 trophies have been confirmed for the Wii U version despite the 3DS version lacking any traces of that Wonderful game, so I can see an entire "3rd Party Friends" being exclusive, too (I'm assuming Layton, Bayonetta, Other Capcom/Namco/Sega characters, and maybe Snake and Travis Touchdown'll be there), with the original plan just having Rayman in both until the Wii U section was added.

And yeah; it's easy to ass-certain why Tharja got cut, but whoever the other one was, they weren't risqué enough to alert the ESRB over. Maybe it was the Ice Climbers' All-Star trophy? And speaking of The Tharj, I'm surprised they just didn't make more of an effort to get her in; if Peach has a black hole underneath her dress now, they can expand Tharja's robes a bit.

18-Volt

Is it true that Golden Sun and Custom Robo are not represtented in game in any form? Both Isaac and Ray Mk 3 removed from assist trophies (there must be a reason behind this) and they don't even have collectible trophies. I think both of them are safe bets as DLC.

Is it true that Golden Sun and Custom Robo are not represtented in game in any form? Both Isaac and Ray Mk 3 removed from assist trophies (there must be a reason behind this) and they don't even have collectible trophies. I think both of them are safe bets as DLC.

The two versions do not have identical assist trophy lineups.they may be on the coimbatore version.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why isn't anyone talking about this? This is a much bigger DLC hint than anything else.

Because it's too subjective, It could meant that it required us to update the patches before we can play online. Do we have to go to E-Shop to download the patches, right? Since I recalled that some people had to go to E-Shop to download the Peach Bug Patch.

Edited: My bad. I wonder what it meant by in-game shop? I bet that it's more likely to be Trophy Shop.

Read the op but didnt see any mention of it... Are there any dlc character names in those files?

Absolutely NOTHING for now.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Wii U only, scrapped or DLC.

18-Volt

The two versions do not have identical assist trophy lineups.they may be on the coimbatore version.

It's not like Wii U version will get exlusive Isaac assist trophy. Golden sun is an all handheld franchise and its both asisst and regular trophies being wii U exclusive doesn't make any sense.

Wii U only, scrapped or DLC.

Noooo, they can't do that! They can't possibly ignore the best RPG franchise Nintendo (Camelot) ever made!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not sure that the DLC roster is even finalized right now.

It's possible but who know. There is few sources that claimed that Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and Chorus Kids are in the game. Also I have a hutch that the characters that didn't manage to be completed before the production's deadline are more likely to push forward as DLC characters project.

More "updates" stuff that required you to update if there is new patches. Also I will included a section, rather than leaving somethings out in case if they actually went together.

You can no longer play this replay
as it is incompatible with the current
version of the software. All incompatible
replays can be deleted from the menu.
Replay data saved.
Please note that if the software
is updated, replays saved
using previous versions
may no longer play.
All replays that can't be played using the
current software version will be deleted.
Is this OK?

Demo version found!
Gold you earned in the demo
version will be carried over.
You will need to update the
software via Nintendo eShop
before using the in-game shop.
End the game?

Canceling
Unable to battle because you are
using different versions of the
software. Connect to the Internet,
and make sure you have the latest
update data from Nintendo eShop.
An error has occurred.
Saving data...

nable to find the latest data for Super
Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Please
close the game and go to Nintendo
eShop to download the latest update
data to your SD card.
You will need the latest update
in order to use save data.

Elija2

It is inconclusive as it could be leftover text from the stage builder (which is rumored to still be in the Wii U release) or something. Remember in Brawl you could download stage builder stages or something.

Wait, the Stage Builder isn't in Smash 3DS? Noooo, I loved making my own shitty stages.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why would you need to download an update before accessing the Trophy Shop, though?

New Trophies? *shrugs* I know it's incredible stupid for me to saying that it's not online store but I haven't really see any Nintendo games that actually doing that for 3DS. I'm very pessimist if you didn't know that. Can you point me at any nintendo games that have in-game stores where you can buy DLC? I think Mario Kart 8 sorta have it but it would send you to E-Shop, right?

Hello.

Banned
New Trophies? *shrugs*

Can you point me at any nintendo games that have in-game stores where you can buy DLC? I'm not sure if there are any in-game store for Nintendo's 3DS games. I think Mario Kart 8 sorta have it but it would send you to E-Shop, right?

No, MK8's does not send you to the eShop. MK8's is also called the "in-game shop."

Alfredo

Why would you need to download an update before accessing the Trophy Shop, though?

DLC is just gonna be new trophies.
Y5VYeoy.png

Camjo-Z

New Trophies? *shrugs* I know it's incredible stupid for me to saying that it's not online store but I haven't really see any Nintendo games that actually doing that for 3DS. I'm very pessimist if you didn't know that. Can you point me at any nintendo games that have in-game stores where you can buy DLC? I think Mario Kart 8 sorta have it but it would send you to E-Shop, right?

Steel Diver: Sub Wars has an in-game shop that you buy the DLC from.

Regiruler

Don't worry, NSMB 2 is forgotten by everyone.

Ryce

Yeah, after further research, I’m 99% certain “in-game shop” refers to a DLC shop. That’s the exact wording Nintendo has used for DLC in other games.

You will need to update the software via Nintendo eShop before using the in-game shop.

New Super Mario Bros. 2
Additional Course Packs that extend the coin collecting fun of New Super Mario Bros 2 can be purchased for play in Coin Rush mode. These Course Packs are available for purchase from within the in-game shop.

Steel Diver: Sub Wars
Lastly, the in-game shop that was limited to Premium-version owners is now accessible by players using the free version. Owners of the free version will be able to purchase their own fleets.

Mario Kart 8
Adds the ability to access the in-game shop and download three free Mercedes-Benz cars: Mercedes-Benz GLA, 300 SL Roadster, and Silver Arrow

It’s happening.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, after further research, I’m 99% certain “in-game shop” refers to a DLC shop. That’s the exact wording Nintendo has used for DLC in other games.

You will need to update the software via Nintendo eShop before using the in-game shop.

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Steel Diver: Sub Wars

Mario Kart 8

It’s happening.

Yeah, y'all are making a solid case about DLC hooks are being available in the data but that don't really meant that DLC are 100% since it's up to the company to decide to put the efforts to it and release the DLC.

Hopefully they would do it. I would buy anything.

I have no issue with Snake. It's just that's it's clear its one rep per company and Konami's rep should be Simon Belmont. If Snake comes back that kills Simon's chances. I doubt the next Smash will go to two characters per third-party.

I want Snake dead so Simon can live one day.

Snake made it into smash first. He's coming in before Belmont.

Yeah, y'all are making a solid case about DLC hooks are being available in the data but that don't really meant that DLC are 100% since it's up to the company to decide to put the efforts to it and release the DLC.

Hopefully they would do it. I would buy anything.
There's no way Nintendo will miss out profiting on their most profitable title outside of Mario Kart.

?oe?oe

The question is when? If rumours suggest it's when Wii U version hits, I'll be happy. If it's another six months...

Durden77

Pac-Man just released a game on Wii U and 3DS, and is about to release a sequel to that game in a few weeks, again, on Wii U and 3DS. Show me the last new and original Duck Hunt game that was released on Nintendo hardware.

It's not really an arbitrary rule. Duck Hunt Dog would not have even been in Smash if IntelliHeath didn't whine about wanting to use him.... IntelliHeath is the reason he is in Smash, not because the character was actually worthy to join. There isn't so much an arbitrary rule as it's more so a "Why.... is Duck Hunt Dog... of all potential Nintendo reps.... being chosen?"

I know, it's crazy right?!
Love that they put in DHD btw and only used Heath cause I know he's a big supporter.

Anyway, the hype never ends. Waiting to see how this pans out is going to be rough. Snake hope always lives.

Zubz

Banned
The question is when? If rumours suggest it's when Wii U version hits, I'll be happy. If it's another six months...

It took Mario Kart about 4 months after the American release for the Mercedez-DLC, but that had to planned for awhile, even if the fixes like making the cursor start on "Next Race" instead of "Cut to Replay" were not. So ultimately, I'd say it's gonna be 6 months... Sorry, ?oe?oe. Maybe since the Ice Climbers were half-finished anyway, they can work out the kinks/just put them in the version where they worked and we can get them for new content and maybe a Classic Stage or 2 to sate us in the meantime?

Nintendo have jumped on DLC fairly strongly lately so I'm not surprised.

Its obviously working out for them well. They seem to be doing it pretty good too so everyone 'wins' (more money for them, decent deal and obviously new content for us).

Top Bottom