• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crysis 3 screenshots

omonimo

Banned
You are foolish to presume that PC gamers cannot play their games with such a level of picture quality.
http://h11.abload.de/img/batmanac2012-01-0316-eckxt.png
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/875/screenshot12250.png

Yeah maybe not everyone has enough horsepower for downsampling [SSAA], but still, Crysis 2 and 3 produce some of the best environments and detail of any game on the market today. End for that matter, Crysis 3 will support many types of AA that produce great IQ
http://www.examiner.com/article/ant...for-crysis-3-on-pc-playstation-3-and-xbox-360

Well I haven't said exactly that however...

Dennis

Banned
Bioshock? First COD series? First Halo series? Half Life series? FEAR? Even Black was a lot more funny for me & I can go on but I have a terrible memory...

None of those get even close except for the Halo games but they are console shooters and play very differently.

BioShock?
CoD
Half-Life?
FEAR?
Black?

OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT AM I READING

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Great, you've set Dennis off on his weird Crysis fetish.

Eideka

Banned
I agree with Dennis, aside from Bioshock the shooters listed above are ridiculous compared to Crysis.

COD ? lol

Halo ? Hahahahahaha

Dyno

Crysis will remain a high water mark for console shooters and I hope this one is as fun as the last. We've seen what every developer can do by now and Crytek is certainly at the top of the heap.

Bioshock? First COD series? First Halo series? Half Life series? FEAR? Even Black was a lot more funny for me & I can go on but I have a terrible memory...

I'm going to have to side with Dennis (sort of)

Bioshock is horribly controlling FPS with super powers and a neat setting
CoD is pretty damn solid but incredibly linear without room for improvisation
Halo is also pretty solid
Half Life isn't a better 'shooter' than Crysis

Think about the games as an experience in which you go around accosting dudes with guns/foreign objects then re-evaluate.

Crysis has the suit powers, the weapons with on the fly mod-switching, a big ass sandbox to wreak havoc in; provided it didn't seep downhill towards the end of the game it'd have to be up there with my favourite FPSs

Dabanton

If HL2 was made up of more scenarios like Highway 17 i.e semi open world and explorable it would have a claim, but the Crysis series as an FPS is fantastic.

None of the other mentioned games again with the exception of the Halo Series comes close imo.

Herb

Banned
Crysis isn't a sandbox though guys. I swear if someone is nerdy enough to measure every FPS by square ft in-game, you'd find Crysis is about average for an FPS. It just gives an illusion of being big. There are multiple paths, and it appears to LOOK like a sandbox... But it's not really. Remember when DICE showed BC2 and claimed it was a sandbox, everyone believed them and the environments actually were decent size, but not an explorable open world like people think Crysis is. I could be wrong, but a sandbox is STALKER, ARMA, Far Cry 2 or Flashpoint.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Are you being serious....you are here trying to shit on Crysis series then mention Cod 1, 2 and 3.....Bishock is a good game, but it isnt a better fps than Crysis, Warhead and Crysis 2.
Come on son, you gotta try harder.

None of those get even close except for the Halo games but they are console shooters and play very differently.
BioShock?
CoD
Half-Life?
FEAR?
Black?

Ha

Srsly

Banned
Maybe it's just me, but the god-awful filter ruins the excellent texture work and amazingly realistic and nuanced lighting.

Feature

Banned
Crysis was an okay game at best. Got boring faster than tetris though.
Like someone above me said, it was a false open world. You just couldn't see it because of the millions same looking trees and water surrounding everything.

Crysis 2 was one of the worst shooters I've ever played.

Crysis isn't a sandbox though guys. I swear if someone is nerdy enough to measure every FPS by square ft in-game, you'd find Crysis is about average for an FPS.

Relative to what you need to do and the amount of area you're presented, it's pretty damn big. I never meant to equate it to something like STALKER but it's pretty damn far from linear

'Large environments' then?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I could be wrong, but a sandbox is STALKER, ARMA, Far Cry 2 or Flashpoint.

All of these games are more 'sandbox' than Crysis ever was. People just don't like to remember Crysis' level design, with the exception of a couple of stages, funnelling you pretty specifically towards objectives and set pieces. The corridor walls just happened to be a further apart. Weyo! Sandbox!

Crysis threads always bring out the idiots who don't realise the gameplay is based on the player, and so when they say "Crysis is a boring tech demo" what they're really saying is "I have no imagination. Feed me." The skill cap in Crysis is unreal.

Sethos

Banned
So what next guys, we'll call WoW the best RPG ever made, GRID the best racing game? Let's keep the thread rolling. Perhaps talk about the sandbox experience in Max Payne 2?

Dennis

Banned
Crysis was a sandbox game. Just not an open-world sandbox game.

STALKER was an open-world game. Just not a sandbox open-world game.

ARMA was a miltary simulation game. Whole other beast.

Half-Life 2 was a water scooter sim.

FarCry 2 was just shit.

I hope you are less confused now.

Ryoku

Why are we getting into an argument over subjective ideas!? You like Crysis? Great! You don't like Crysis? Great!

Personally, Crysis is my favorite FPS franchise.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Let's not get crazy here Dennis
I don't think this is a crazy opinion at all.

I'm going to have to agree with Dennis here.

Crysis delivers a perfect marriage of open ended gameplay that still manages to feel polished and restrained in the right places. It's about as good a balance as I've ever seen in that regard. On top of that, the game simply FEELS sublime.

Its only real area of weakness remains AI. It's serviceable, but it could be so much better. This is one area that Halo has always excelled in, but not an area where those other games listed perform well.

omonimo

Banned

BioShock?
CoD
Half-Life?
FEAR?
Black?

Taste are taste but really claims crysis how a better experience even of the whole bioshock, halo1, cod 4, half life 2 or fear 1 wow... never felt even for a second something even close from my first experience of those games & honestly claims sh!tty far cry 2 after all that prize of crysis series; I think basically shows the same problem gameplay wise ... I have just to concur about weapons balanced it's one of the best part of crysis but jeez this game is so full of boring moment which I forget how good is the rest...

Crysis was a sandbox game. Just not an open-world sandbox game.

STALKER was an open-world game. Just not a sandbox open-world game.

ARMA was a miltary simulation game. Whole other beast.

Half-Life 2 was a water scooter sim.

FarCry 2 was just shit.

I hope you are less confused now.

you and I played 2 different crysis games. My crysis was a openish level, open game design philosophy but it was very much a linear game experience with very limited gameplay. The game progressed in the same manner everytime, it had to be completed sequentially, and there was a very few ways to approach the various outposts or enemy camps or firefights.

Taste are taste but really claims crysis how a better experience even of the whole bioshock, halo1, cod 4, half life 2 or fear 1 wow... never felt even for a second something even close from my first experience of those games & honestly claims sh!tty far cry 2 after all that prize of crysis series; I think basically shows the same problem gameplay wise ... I have just to concur about weapons balanced it's one of the best part of crysis but jeez this game is so full of boring moment which I forget how good is the rest...

i'm not even sure what you just typed but... Crysis is the better shooter out all of them. better shooting mechanics, options to fight the baddies, the graphics, mein gott the graphics... all the others you mentioned except for halo and CoD aren'tfirst person view adventure or RPG games, not FPS shooter games.

omonimo

Banned
you and I played 2 different crysis games. My crysis was a openish level, open game design philosophy but it was very much a linear game experience with very limited gameplay. The game progressed in the same manner everytime, it had to be completed sequentially, and there was a very few ways to approach the various outposts or enemy camps or firefights.

I quote the whole post. I don't said is a bad game but come on one of the best fps... I can't read something like this, is too much for me.

EatChildren

Pokemon Snap is the best FPS.

I quote the whole post. I don't said is a bad game but come on one of the best fps... I can't read something like this, is too much for me.

i never said it's a bad game, just that what people use to describe crysis is not what I experienced playing the game. Crysis was okay, though i personally found the firefights to be tiresome, with lots of running around, just waiting for the ai to forget about you, and that the game lulled between firefight to firefight where other games do a much better job of implementing exporitory gameplay elements, or making sections from firefight to firefight seem enjoyable and seemless.

SamuraiX-

I've always marveled at how good the trees and brush in Crysis games look.

Like, absolutely no jaggies. At all. It feels surreal to look at.

omonimo

Banned
i'm not even sure what you just typed but... Crysis is the better shooter out all of them. better shooting mechanics, options to fight the baddies, the graphics, mein gott the graphics... all the others you mentioned except for halo and CoD aren'tfirst person view adventure or RPG games, not FPS shooter games.
? same to me about this post :/

The new thing here is that this may be the best art direction the Cryengine has ever powered. Quite a leap over Crysis 2 (and those white uniforms, what the hell) imo, best looking new helmet design in those grunts too.

edit: I can accept the new reflections/dust/whatever in the visor, if they bring back chromatic aberration to the wet visor.

Hypron

Very limited gameplay? Very few ways to approach the outposts? You must not be very creative then. I played through the game 8 times and I've still got loads of stuff I want to try out.

Crysis is the FPS I've had the most fun with this generation, by far. I've yet to play a FPS that even come close to it (I liked it probably as much as the STALKER games, but these aren't really going for the pure fun approach, so I wouldn't put them in the exact same category).

Omni

/hugz my PC
Cant wait. Both Crysis games were excellent.

Also, I wonder if Maldo will even try to upgrade C3 with new textures. :D
ScreenShot0525.jpg

Fucking hell, that looks amazing.

Top Bottom