• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crysis 3 screenshots

Ryoku

Bullshots, indeed. They did the same with Crysis 2, but with the addition of mods and texture packs, the game looked better than the bullshots, lol.

Here's to hoping for a great mod community yet again for Crysis 3.

Hypron

Looks sick. Too bad Crytek games aren't really good games..

What the hell am I reading? Far Cry, Crysis 1 not very good?

Anyway, these screens look absolutely beautiful. I doubt the final game will look as good (and the horrendous hud will probably hide half of it anyway...), but with a few mods...

Please to see there's going to be less blur.

And I'm not just going by the shots here, but the fact that other methods of AA are being allowed this time.

Ryoku

Please to see there's going to be less blur.

And I'm not just going by the shots here, but the fact that other methods of AA are being allowed this time.

Wasn't the blur due to FXAA? But yes, we have the promise of TXAA and MSAA (I think some Crytek person, Cevat Yerli himself, I think, stated that in a tweet a while ago).

Sethos

Banned
Its too bad Boris never bothered with the CryEngine games.

Weren't someone else making some sick shaders? Remember this shot with two walkers and some insane looking grass from C2 but that's all I ever saw and heard from it, don't even know who was making it.

I will play this game when i can run it at 100fps on ultra settings with a single $400 GPU at 150w tdp at 1920x1200 hopefully by 2014. 1600p maybe in 3-4 years. Game will prob be $5 in 2014. Bargain.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
reminds me of Ka-Zar Urban Jungle run

looks really good and somewhat more appealing than 2. Plus, Psycho!

scitek

Weren't someone else making some sick shaders? Remember this shot with two walkers and some insane looking grass from C2 but that's all I ever saw and heard from it, don't even know who was making it.

Yeah, XZero. Crytek hired him lol

EDIT: Oh, for C2? I don't know of anyone making shaders for it.

I will play this game when i can run it at 100fps on ultra settings with a single $400 GPU at 150w tdp at 1920x1200 hopefully by 2014. 1600p maybe in 3-4 years. Game will prob be $5 in 2014. Bargain.

not too unlikely for next year actually. my 7970 runs 2 at max in DX11 with high res textures and averages around 60 fps (goes below it, but averages something like 58 or 59). for the record, Crysis 1 at max on my PC i average around 35 fps. thought something was wrong with my drivers, but, nope, that's just poorly optimisted Crysis 1 for you.

these shots look great, filter aside... and lets be honest, we can't defend these shots having filters on with the nanosuits visor, because they're not first person, but we can't really attack third person stuff from having camera effects on it either.

i'm presuming such filters will be in place in the final game mind, and will likely be looking to disable them too, but you can't really condemn the logic of them at this point (or defend it either, oddly enough).

SonnyBoy

/hugz my PC
Cant wait. Both Crysis games were excellent.

Also, I wonder if Maldo will even try to upgrade C3 with new textures. :D
ScreenShot0525.jpg

I don't keep up with PC gaming much at all.... Is this actually running on your PC?!

Trickster

What the hell am I reading? Far Cry, Crysis 1 not very good

Didn't play far cry, can't comment there. But Crysis 1 was pretty boring imo. Was bassically a tech demo turned into a game, very pretty. But objectives were really dull imo. Jungle setting also got old very quickly.

-SD-

Banned
Watermark indicates a lighting artist, probably not realtime, probably heavily touched up for his reel.
Google cache of the removed blog post: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ad_origquery=true..0.2...1c.fP49kousFNg&pbx=1

Crysis 3 Canyon Environment

Posted by pydonzallaz on July 22, 2012

Additional screenshots of the E3 demo of Crysis 3, featuring the “Canyon” environment. 100% realtime lighting and postprocessing.

Credits

Pierre-Yves Donzallaz (Lighting Artist: level art, final polishing, lighting and capture)

Additional Art

Magnus Larbrant (Art Director)
Marcel Schaika, Stefan Heinrich, Robert Hodri (Environment Artists)
Ronny Muehle (Vegetation Artist)
Manuel Wirks (Character Artist: CELL characters)
Gregor Kopka (3D Artist: weapons)
Mihai Titoiu (Concept Artist)

This entry was posted in CryENGINE 3.

mndflqelp.png

Checked out the HTML source. Original 1080p PNGs are still hosted on the server.

http://pydonzallaz.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/explore.png
http://pydonzallaz.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/jungle_patrol.png
http://pydonzallaz.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/river_patrol.png
http://pydonzallaz.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/dam_defense.png

gdt

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

Boner inducing stuff. Hopefully I'll upgrade by then, to fully 100% max this shit.

Honestly? CryEngine 3 is "next gen" whether Epic likes it or not.

But yeah, remove that dust filter crap.

Also first shot looks like boo because of how bland the design artists are.

Dat PNG quality.

Eideka

Banned
Because it looks like top tier console graphics
You seriously think this looks just as good as the best looking console games ?

It's far above anything available on console, and from what we've seen The Last of Us is no match for Crysis 3 PC. And it's shaping up to be a graphical tour de force on PC.

Sorry if I misread your post.

You seriously think this looks just as good as the best looking console games ?

It's far above anything available on console, and from what we've seen The Last of Us is no match for Crysis 3 PC.

Sorry if I misread your post.

You did not misread it. I meant it looks like the best game on consoles (PC is another level).

Eideka

Banned
You did not misread it. I meant it looks like the best game on consoles (PC is another level).

The screen shown here are probably from the PC build of the game, I can't see Crysis 3 on console looking near as good. Hence why I was intrigued by your post.

On a sidenote, The Last of Us looks glorious, for a console game.

Blah blah generic shooter blah blah. What a joke. Crysis 2 multiplayer is the most adrenaline inducing fps mp I've ever played. So smooth, so fast, so fun. Of course, many gaffers only play single player...in that case you may want to specify that you're only playing half the game. And personally, I still like Crysis 2 as much or more than the first (and I played the second first).

omonimo

Banned
What the hell am I reading? Far Cry, Crysis 1 not very good?

Anyway, these screens look absolutely beautiful. I doubt the final game will look as good (and the horrendous hud will probably hide half of it anyway...), but with a few mods...

Forget the graphic for an instant...

Dennis

Banned

....and focus on the ground-breaking still not matched gameplay

Crysis is probably the best first-person shooter ever made.

The only rival is STALKER which has it beat on atmosphere but not straight gameplay.

DieH@rd

Banned

Gameplay of both Crysis games is one of the best [if not the best] in the shooter genre. Weapons feel awesome, their animation is great, movement is good, suit powers give you the feeling of freedom, you can approach every fight in several ways.

Great great gameplay.

omonimo

Banned

The only rival is STALKER which has it beat on atmosphere but not straight gameplay.

Jeez no please... is not that bad but come on the best first person shooter ever made wow... thanks to God for me no.

I think you guys misunderstood me.

Based on the screens here I can say Crysis 3 will be the best looking console game ever - yes even with aliasing and tearing.

It will also be top-tier in the graphics department on the PC (GTA4 ENB still looks better) and look close to the "bullshots" presented here.

That's all.

I praised Crysis 3 on all platforms.

Sethos

Banned

Let's not get crazy here Dennis

I think you guys misunderstood me.

Based on the screens here I can say Crysis 3 will be the best looking console game ever - yes even with aliasing and tearing.

It will also be top-tier in the graphics department on the PC (GTA4 ENB still looks better) and look close to the "bullshots" presented here.

That's all.

I praised Crysis 3 on all platforms.

Oh, lol. Completely missed your point, my bad.

Kyaw

Yes, bullshots as in downsampled and maybe colour corrected but all the detail, geometry and lighting effects are still 100% real-time.

It looks glorious.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm not so foolish to say you are wrong but the second picture not seems exactly ingame like the first...

You are foolish to presume that PC gamers cannot play their games with such a level of picture quality.
http://h11.abload.de/img/batmanac2012-01-0316-eckxt.png
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/875/screenshot12250.png

Yeah maybe not everyone has enough horsepower for downsampling [SSAA], but still, Crysis 2 and 3 produce some of the best environments and detail of any game on the market today. End for that matter, Crysis 3 will support many types of AA that produce great IQ
http://www.examiner.com/article/ant...for-crysis-3-on-pc-playstation-3-and-xbox-360

Top Bottom