• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

zeemumu

Can someone re-explain the setting progression of Unchained/Chi/Back Cover again?

When is it
real/in the Realm of Sleep/in a simulation?

Is
Unchained in the realm of sleep because that's where Ephemera got sent and he can only communicate with you while you're dreaming? Or is Unchained a dream world within the dream world that you're currently playing in since the Chirithy are hanging around? And are Chi and Unchained actually in separate continuities or is Unchained just Chi Final Mix essentially?

Ydelnae

Does the KH3 getting delayed out of an alleged deadline because of Nomura not being happy about the quality of the content the Osaka team was working on rumor make any more sense now?

��

Square should hire Yoko Taro and Platinum Games to work on a separate KH3 project. The 2 opposing teams would have one day every month to see how the other team is progressing. The first team to ship a product with over 85 metascore will be spared and the rest will be fed to angry rats.

I know KH3 is supposedly the end of the Dark Seeker stuff but I would not be whatsoever surprised if we eventually get a game in which we play as young Xehanort and/or young Eraqus.

I know KH3 is supposedly the end of the Dark Seeker stuff but I would not be whatsoever surprised if we eventually get a game in which we play as young Xehanort and/or young Eraqus.

Lol, maybe it'll be a Darth Vader-esque trilogy where we see Xehanort start from a young, chappy lad, and grow into the villain we know him to be.

Of course, throw in a love interest, and you have a brand new trio of characters.

Psxphile

Lol, maybe it'll be a Darth Vader-esque trilogy where we see Xehanort start from a young, chappy lad, and grow into the villain we know him to be.

Of course, throw in a love interest, and you have a brand new trio of characters.

tumblr_nuntsy6FRt1qkjik5o1_540.jpg

Tsunamo

Lately I've been thinking about doing a KH I speed run. Do you guys know any webtise where can I get guides for this kind of thing?
I started to get into KH Final Mix speedruns not too long ago, it's good fun.

There's a ton of guides on the speedrun.com page for Final Mix (there's also some on the vanilla KH1/JP KH1 page which uses a different route iirc) http://www.speedrun.com/khfmhd/guides

And there's also the KH Runners discord which i'll PM you if you wanna ask some of the community some questions, everyone's pretty friendly and helpful on there :)

I started to get into KH Final Mix speedruns not too long ago, it's good fun.

There's a ton of guides on the speedrun.com page for Final Mix (there's also some on the vanilla KH1/JP KH1 page which uses a different route iirc) http://www.speedrun.com/khfmhd/guides

And there's also the KH Runners discord which i'll PM you if you wanna ask some of the community some questions, everyone's pretty friendly and helpful on there :)

Much appreciated! I didn't know about this website nor the dicord.

Some ''Insider'' claiming over at JP games at E3 thread that KH fans will be dissapointed this E3, not that you need to be an insider for that lmao.

I also finished making DKHF's new avatar. You could say I took inspiration from Osaka teams efforts regarding character models.

Some ''Insider'' claiming over at JP games at E3 thread that KH fans will be dissapointed this E3, not that you need to be an insider for that lmao.

I also finished making DKHF's new avatar. You could say I took inspiration from Osaka teams efforts regarding character models.
Don't do this to me DKHF is supposed to win this bet

I hope his sources are wrong. He said Avenger will be at E3 but that wouldn't make sense since SE confirmed tha they would talk about the game only in 2018.

DKHF

As pointed out above he's also claiming there will be Avengers info which make me super doubtful of him. I have zero doubt KHIII will have a trailer. My only doubt is in if it will be over 3 minutes and 30 seconds long after looking at the lengths of the latest Nomura cut trailers. Have to believe that he will deliver a long trailer (like he did for XV at E3 2013 and Versus in 2011) after such a long time since the last substantial news.

It's also not like this "insider" is 100% correct about everything he said if Dissidia and DQXI are announced this week (which I expect they will be) since that is an easy guess looking at Square Enix's lineup.

when are kingdom hearts fans *not* in some fashion disappointed though, to be fair

The life of a KH fan can be summarized by that gif of the guy opening the fridge, eager for a good bite, and then walking away disappointed

So, if the guy saying the KH III won't be at E3 is right, it could just mean that the game will be featured at a live concert happening alongside the event. Nomura confirmed that he won't be at E3 because he'll be attending another event (definitely the KH concert).

However, I can't see Sony not showing a new trailer at their conference, they know the reactions that KH bring from the people.

Burbeting

Banned
Dissidia and Stormblood already receiving trailers more or less tells me that KH3 will skip E3. And the concert most likely.

The game won't be out till late 2019, earliest.

Dissidia and Stormblood already receiving trailers more or less tells me that KH3 will skip E3. And the concert most likely.

The game won't be out till late 2019, earliest.

Square always does this. They usually revel new trailer before the event and save some for the main event.

What if we still lived in that time when developers would only release a small sample of the game, and charge full price for it, like with MGS:GZ? Imagine if KH did that. How dumb would...

... Oh wait D:

Nostradamus powers: Evil Within 2 and DMC5 both will get announced AND released before KH3 gets a release date.

Anyone willing to take the bet? lol

Psxphile

It was still nice to see. Also, obligatory WHAT'S IN THE FUCKING BOX?

It's funny to see they're still going to commit to an Xbox One version, when they had all these chances to release the remasters on there.

Also, neat:

But how the fuck is The Twilight Town not the orangey shit?

EDIT: Looks like they're going to drop another patch for 1.5+2.5 on June 12th

KH3 is being shown at the concert now!!! New trailer going up online after the show I was right! Fuck yes!

That new trailer looks so fucking good. But there is one thing that sticks out and that's just how many combat options there are 0_o

Shotlock
Flowmotion
Reaction commands
Limits
Drive forms
Command styles
Style finishers

Tsunamo

So how are the new ports now? Didn't they bring a bunch of issues that the originals hd remasters didn't have? Are they fixed now?
Couple of bugs, mainly savecrashing in 2 and a few other things along with stuff tied to framerate. If they patch some of those out tomorrow they'll be great ports.

Malyse

Sora still hasn't dealt with his darkness. Anti Form shows it's a problem. The Ventus nightmare shows it's a problem. And MX directly said that Sora belongs to him and after the end says the pieces will all fall in place. Chess master like him doesn't say things lightly. That plot line wasn't resolved at all.

#smug

Psxphile

Does Data Sora's rogue Heartless in Re:coded count as well? Even though it was a facsimile created by the journal it became sentient and started to try to break out into the real world. Seemed like a big deal that would reflect strongly on the real Sora and his own darkness.

Ki6oQwa.png

Malyse

Does Data Sora's rogue Heartless in Re:coded count as well? Even though it was a facsimile created by the journal it became sentient and started to try to break out into the real world. Seemed like a big deal that would reflect strongly on the real Sora and his own darkness.

Ki6oQwa.png

Yuppers. It shows how worst case bad it could get. In fact, assuming that BBS Secret Episode endboss is in fact Braig's darkness, that implies that Sora's darkness is effing massive.

I really, really want a Lilo and Stitch world, so I'm gonna guess either that, or Frozen.

That garbage spaceship world in BBS doesn't count >:C

Top Bottom