• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Fimbulvetr said:
Actually stating the Krogans' insufficient numbers as their reason for not being picked makes sense.
You can mass-produce Krogans, though. Pop them out of the cloning vats.

Besides, a Krogan Reaper would own the fuck out of a human Contra Reaper.

xion4360

Sebulon3k said:
You should at least give female Shepherd one play through, seeing as how you've played the game over 10 times.

I always go to fem shep the second time around..I hate when someone says using default shep is "wrong".. as if it made any difference outside of his look.

But as far as the game is concerned, Male Shep is the face of Mass Effect. and besides, his character model is better looking than anything you can make and his voice matches that face

Well the Shepard on the cover looks more the one in the Blur trailer.

The armor is almost exactly the same as it was in Mass Effect 2. Which makes me think that a lot more of Mass Effect 2 is going to be re used, at least a lot more than I expected. At least several companions will probably come back and possibly locations/environments.

Dresden said:
Besides, a Krogan Reaper would own the fuck out of a human Contra Reaper.
The Krogan one would just headbutt things to death.

Complistic

Really hoping for some information on the squad mates, but I just know they're not going to tell us about them yet. If they're staying or we're getting new people that is.

kuYuri

John Shepard is the one true Shepard.

rnAX6.png

So while Earth burns i'm going to the nearest club and dancing while the reapers kill off everyone. Earth can wait I've got to dance.

mollipen

Mr. B Natural said:
You're not saying X but you're clearly saying X.

They can keep all of their main marketing based around dudebro Shepard, they can also at least do FemShep versions of any trailers they release for those who want to find them. Would be like a half hour of additional work for a video editor that could then help attract more players to the game.

Not hard to understand.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
stryker1138 said:
So unbelievably tired of people pining for female Shepard every time new Mass Effect media comes out.

Why shouldnt people want the best Shepard?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kyaw said:
I actually play with default Shepard. Anyone else?

ME3 better have bigger areas this time around... :(
Playing default Shepard is the only way.

All custom shepards, male or female, look REALLY out of place.. And all have oily hair

HK-47 said:
Why shouldnt people want the best Shepard?

We all know you'll be able to make the character look however the hell you want in the game. Complaining about something you can change in the first 5 minutes just distracts from more interesting discussion.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Some of the biggest Mass Effect fans I know all play as Male Soldier Shepard only, no replays as other classes/genders.

Disgusting creatures. All of them.

Grisby

I love both Shep's equally.

Its just weird to see regular Shep used when ME is about my Shepard. You know, the dude with hair.

Lothars said:
No he shouldn't be and alot more of us are excited for 3, 1 was great as was 2 and 3 will be fantastic as well.

2 was ok as a game, meaning it was more playable than 1 but 1 had a better story by default (since it actually had a story). They also couldn't strip any more rpg elements away if they tried, so it fails there as well. I got into this to play a space rpg trilogy, not a bro shooter trilogy.

IoCaster

They're really playing up the Earth gets pulverized angle in every bit of info released so far. The story/plot seems to be on a downward spiral of dumb since the first game ended. :/

stryker1138 said:
So unbelievably tired of people pining for female Shepard every time new Mass Effect media comes out.

Get used to it or make heavy use of the ignore list. It's a handy tool to use for pruning out the stuck on stupid crowd.

LiK

IoCaster said:
They're really playing up the Earth gets pulverized angle in every bit of info released so far. The story/plot seems to be on a downward spiral of dumb since the first game ended. :/

Get used to it or make heavy use of the ignore list. It's a handy tool to use for pruning out the stuck on stupid crowd.
Please add me to your awesome list.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Gravijah said:
canon in a game featuring multiple choice questions is very important

Super important

And no matter the gender, Shepard will still be a complete idiot.

Patryn

The sad thing is that, as this thread demonstrates, despite ME2's numerous faults and failings, we're all kind of Bioware's bitch.

I mean, we're at five pages discussing one fucking image. That's really impressive.

When it comes to ME, I really feel like an abused spouse. I mean, ME1 was so good...and then....

Oh, and FemShep = TrueShep.

Lothars

Ickman3400 said:
2 was ok as a game, meaning it was more playable than 1 but 1 had a better story by default (since it actually had a story). They also couldn't strip any more rpg elements away if they tried, so it fails there as well. I got into this to play a space rpg trilogy, not a bro shooter trilogy.

Yeah and 2 had a pretty good story and it is an RPG trilogy, ME3 will have more of the RPG elements back like it should but ME2 is still just as good of a game as ME1 even with the less RPG elements.

Patryn

Dilly said:
What exactly states that earth is the only planet under attack?

So far everything we've seen as relates to ME3 is all "EARTH IS UNDER ATTACK" in a blatant attempt to tug at player's heartstrings despite the fact, as this thread has explained, it's about the worst fucking plan ever conceived.

Lothars said:
Yeah and 2 had a pretty good story and it is an RPG trilogy, ME3 will have more of the RPG elements back like it should but ME2 is still just as good of a game as ME1 even with the less RPG elements.

You keep saying this. I don't think good means what you think it means. Unless you mean half-assed and practically non-existent.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Patryn said:
The sad thing is that, as this thread demonstrates, despite ME2's numerous faults and failings, we're all kind of Bioware's bitch.

I mean, we're at five pages discussing one fucking image. That's really impressive.

When it comes to ME, I really feel like an abused spouse. I mean, ME1 was so good...and then....

Oh, and FemShep = TrueShep.

The ME ship still has Legion. If you are on the DA ship, well...lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Lothars said:

In what universe did ME2 have a good story. It was collect a motley crew (half of which should tell you to piss off) followed by herp derp.

Patryn said:
What? Only a few people even bothered to comment on the image. Most of these pages are filled with your standard complaining about mass effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom